Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:58 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

They aren't a sponsor on here any more.......I suppose that will change though and they will rejoin under their "new" name.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there machin work is very good from what i saw..my first tune on my vortech i went to aam and i had the worst tune i have seen though because mike did it, so imo they need a tuner...pig rich and mike told me it was lean when i left and not to take it over 6k..lol..when i got home and put my a/f gauge in i was at 10.0 a/f pretty much across the band instead of high 11's..the car would run into a wall at about 6k cause it was so rich...Went to VTR and was re-tuned and couldnt be happier..not surprised in the move but maybe its for the better of aam...

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-17-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:59 AM
JBMWm318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since this is an open forum I don't mind adding that I for one was 100% pleased with AAM. While I'm not familiar with AAM's financial health, I can comment (as an Prvt Asset Manager not involved but familiar with AAM Comp) Liquidity will not be an issue for AAM Competition. In fact I anticipate their business will help local shops as AAM Competition will create, brand and distribute state of the art equipment for the best vehicles on the road today. I see them competing on a national scale vs a local "shop" if anything. This is a win-win for us in the Z community, as we'll have access to the best competition producer in our backyard. Anyone know the financial health of Greddy or HKS? There has to be some respect given to a company that can start up in a market where financing is next to impossible and business has dropped by 30%. I'm excited for the new brand and new company!

Last edited by JBMWm318; 04-17-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Financial health of GReddy? You know that their parent company, Trust, in Japan, filed bankruptcy a couple of years ago right? GReddy parts didn't skip a beat though. I'm sure HKS is doing just fine. There's more to read between the lines here though: with the Great Recession of the U.S. crippling foreign economies and slowing down manufacturing in countries that do the most of it -- China and Taiwan -- it's slowing down manufacturing in factories, which in turn is slowing down the volume, time, and amount of containers coming over here. Please, don't for a second believe that just because these manufacturers are "JDM" that they're not also outsourcing production in China/Taiwan!

This has even affected Nissan, as evident with parts that they make in which there was no U.S. chassis/counter part. E.G. S15 parts, S13 Silvia parts, ALL R-Chassis (pre-R35) etc, production OEM parts have slowed to a snails pace, causing major issues in being able to update customers with accurate time frames of when they can/should receive their parts. The effect is nightmares for the end users, you, and retailers like us, who are caught in the cross-fire of slowed production and little to no updates/heads-up that there's delays.

Try calling JiC. The U.S. importer is done, and they notified NOBODY. They just left all of their dealers hanging. If you call them and hit enough options, you'll get to one that, unless you have the volume on your phone at it's highest, you'll miss that another company has bought the rights to the line, but no other information is known.

Last year, the U.S. importer of Cusco changed hands and the president of Cusco in Japan changed too. So, for almost 9 months, there was little to no Cusco stock, and most parts had to be special ordered, taking up to 3 months to acquire.

All of this due to our recession, and all of it amounting to horrible headaches for dealers and end users. So, the next time you purchase a part from a dealer, and don't get it right away, and then want to point the finger at the dealer for not "giving updates" or vilify them for being "dishonest" or whatever, know that this is what's going on: our recession has caused major slowing down of production, and in many cases Chinese/Taiwanese factories to go under, leaving everyone hanging -- and NONE of them are up front or honest about what's going on, which leaves EVERYONE hanging.

Glad to see AAM back up and running.

Darren
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 AM
MDHRZ

AAM is only good for manufacturing parts right now. The owner is the problem. Their reputation is tarnished because of work that has been completed in the past. Many people were screwed over way before the recession. Not many people know about anything because the threads were deleted from this site. HOWEVER, all of the legal stuff is still around and can't be deleted. Just look at the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and Better Business Bureau sites and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Off the top of my head I can think of 4 reputable shops in the Mid-A that I'd take my car to WAY before going to AAM.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 04-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Nice try D, I dont believe you....
Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

EDIT: THIS WAS A REPLY TO JAY'Z, WHO GOT BANNED AFTER HE REPLIED TO ME, AND ALL OF HIS POSTS WERE DELETED, GIVING THE UNSUSPECTING READER THE INFERENCE THAT I WAS REPLYING TO MDHRZ. READ 3HREE5IVE0ERO'S POST BELOW FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION.

You know nothing about overseas manufacturing in this industry except for the gossip you read on this board. And what you think you know, you will attempt to twist so as to vilify any dealer (especially Intense) who has slighted you or isn't in bed with your beloved FP.

Fact:

1. Trust filed bankruptcy in Japan. If you don't know this, then this really lends itself to the idea that your posts are really feeble attempts to discredit me.

2. The U.S. importer of Cusco for the past 15 years, Naps USA went out of business and EDO Performance took over.

3. This happened early summer '09. Shortly thereafter, and to add more confusion to the transition, the president of Cusco Japan changed. EDO, having very little to no knowledge of what parts specifically to import/stock, was very careful and hesitant to do any large stocking orders, hence slowing down ALL Cusco parts.

4. Nissan Japan slowed all production of non-Japanese specific OEM parts in which the chassis or body style wasn't made in the U.S. This is evident, clearly, by the long delays between shipments of S15 specific parts, and Silvia (fixed headlight S13) parts -- radiator supports, fenders, bumpers, hoods, etc. Don't believe me, go on any of the major S-chassis forums and research the posts that reflect how slow it was taking ANY Nissan dealership to acquire those parts. This business strategy by Nissan reflects that even Nissan Japan was and is affected by our recession.

5. "Major" JDM aero businesses in Japan, such as Top Secret and Kenstyle, and more found that their manufacturers went out of business, hence the now 6-12+ lead time/wait on new orders for those lines. Don't believe me, call Top Secret USA.

6. Other high end JDM aero companies U.S. based counterparts were forced to cut their staff so significantly that many (who I won't name) are "surviving" with as little as 1-2 employees -- and these are JDM aero companies that are house-hold names in this INDUSTRY, not just in the Z33/G35 community. Some of these companies are getting so few orders that they're not even getting containers anymore -- they're shipping a few large boxes to fill orders that are approaching 3-4 months old. With a staff of 1-2 employees, either they don't have the capacity, or they're too embarrassed to call their dealers to update them with delays or bad news, leaving the dealers in the dark. For dealers like us, who have a high volume of online orders waiting for products which were given ETA's that aren't coming true due to these delays, it's made it impossible to do anything except for relay "new" ETA's in a reactive fashion, due to not being provided with up-to-date ETA's by the importer/manufacturer.

7. Call JiC. Don't believe me? Call em.

8. Remember Racing Hart wheels? Their ONLY importer for 15 years was Dazz Motorsports. One day Dazz closed their doors, told nobody, and now there's no Racing Hart. This happened about 1.5 years ago, when the recession first started really affecting this market. Don't believe me? Try to get a hold of Dazz Motorsports.

My posts here is to provide an OBJECTIVE industry insider's point of view to this market. It's informative, and is meant to educate, not to defend Intense or any other retailer's reputation. These examples are simply the truth, and nothing but the truth.

If you want to distort and desecrate them to make a case against Intense, then go ahead. The fantasy world that you live in is clear and your combative, instigating posts are looked at very closely by people on this board who have much more power than me. I've never posted a negative word about the company that you fluff everyday, and that says A LOT, considering the carnage that's STILL going on this week... You, however, make it a point to follow me around and spew negativity my direction.

To the rest of the community, who appreciates an honest, objective analysis of our recession and how it has/is affecting the supply chain of products into this market, I hope that my tenure of supporting this community is taken as educational, and more so to lend some transparency to an industry who, like we have seen this week, is very private about details that should possibly be more obvious.

Darren

Last edited by INTENSEPOWER; 04-18-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Cry me a river because your Customer Service sux.. You tried to make this twist and be about you.. Get back on topic!

Good luck AAM!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

remember kids
keep it on topic and hopefully you get something constructive out of the above post as it affects everybody...else

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-17-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
You know nothing about overseas manufacturing in this industry except for the gossip you read on this board. And what you think you know, you will attempt to twist so as to vilify any dealer (especially Intense) who has slighted you or isn't in bed with your beloved FP.

Fact:

1. Trust filed bankruptcy in Japan. If you don't know this, then this really lends itself to the idea that your posts are really feeble attempts to discredit me.

2. The U.S. importer of Cusco for the past 15 years, Naps USA went out of business and EDO Performance took over.

3. This happened early summer '09. Shortly thereafter, and to add more confusion to the transition, the president of Cusco Japan changed. EDO, having very little to no knowledge of what parts specifically to import/stock, was very careful and hesitant to do any large stocking orders, hence slowing down ALL Cusco parts.

4. Nissan Japan slowed all production of non-Japanese specific OEM parts in which the chassis or body style wasn't made in the U.S. This is evident, clearly, by the long delays between shipments of S15 specific parts, and Silvia (fixed headlight S13) parts -- radiator supports, fenders, bumpers, hoods, etc. Don't believe me, go on any of the major S-chassis forums and research the posts that reflect how slow it was taking ANY Nissan dealership to acquire those parts. This business strategy by Nissan reflects that even Nissan Japan was and is affected by our recession.

5. "Major" JDM aero businesses in Japan, such as Top Secret and Kenstyle, and more found that their manufacturers went out of business, hence the now 6-12+ lead time/wait on new orders for those lines. Don't believe me, call Top Secret USA.

6. Other high end JDM aero companies U.S. based counterparts were forced to cut their staff so significantly that many (who I won't name) are "surviving" with as little as 1-2 employees -- and these are JDM aero companies that are house-hold names in this INDUSTRY, not just in the Z33/G35 community. Some of these companies are getting so few orders that they're not even getting containers anymore -- they're shipping a few large boxes to fill orders that are approaching 3-4 months old. With a staff of 1-2 employees, either they don't have the capacity, or they're too embarrassed to call their dealers to update them with delays or bad news, leaving the dealers in the dark. For dealers like us, who have a high volume of online orders waiting for products which were given ETA's that aren't coming true due to these delays, it's made it impossible to do anything except for relay "new" ETA's in a reactive fashion, due to not being provided with up-to-date ETA's by the importer/manufacturer.

7. Call JiC. Don't believe me? Call em.

8. Remember Racing Hart wheels? Their ONLY importer for 15 years was Dazz Motorsports. One day Dazz closed their doors, told nobody, and now there's no Racing Hart. This happened about 1.5 years ago, when the recession first started really affecting this market. Don't believe me? Try to get a hold of Dazz Motorsports.

My posts here is to provide an OBJECTIVE industry insider's point of view to this market. It's informative, and is meant to educate, not to defend Intense or any other retailer's reputation. These examples are simply the truth, and nothing but the truth.

If you want to distort and desecrate them to make a case against Intense, then go ahead. The fantasy world that you live in is clear and your combative, instigating posts are looked at very closely by people on this board who have much more power than me. I've never posted a negative word about the company that you fluff everyday, and that says A LOT, considering the carnage that's STILL going on this week... You, however, make it a point to follow me around and spew negativity my direction.

To the rest of the community, who appreciates an honest, objective analysis of our recession and how it has/is affecting the supply chain of products into this market, I hope that my tenure of supporting this community is taken as educational, and more so to lend some transparency to an industry who, like we have seen this week, is very private about details that should possibly be more obvious.

Darren
Darren,

Your post is educational but I really don't know how that relates to my post about AAM. How am I discrediting Intense? Is any of this directed towards me because I have no clue what you are talking about.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 04-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Z33@SIM

I'm not sure either how this is about Intense Powersport? I did not even see a post that was related to you guys at all. So was there a thread that was edited and we missed out on something? I see no complaints either on people waiting on parts and blaming the shop? I iz r confuzzle...
Old 04-17-2010, 06:46 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by Z33@SIM
I'm not sure either how this is about Intense Powersport? I did not even see a post that was related to you guys at all. So was there a thread that was edited and we missed out on something? I see no complaints either on people waiting on parts and blaming the shop? I iz r confuzzle...
Has got to be a deleted post.

I like Intense. Not sure what's going on here .
Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Jay'z stirred the pot as he does......his posts were deleted and he got banned again lol. I have no issue with Intense and bought parts from them way back, but not sure what warranted the initial post.....other than they are an AAM distributor.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry for the confusion, guys. A couple of posts have been deleted.

One member posted "Nice try D, I dont believe you...." after Intense/Darren's first post, then posted "Cry me a river because your Customer Service sux.. You tried to make this twist and be about you.. Get back on topic!"

The member has since been banned (for other reasons not identifiable in this thread, such as threatening an admin, harassing vendors/members/staff, name calling, etc) and all of his posts/threads are now gone. He's been given waaaaaaay too many chances and we've been far too lenient with this individual. Even with half a million chances he got from us, he never was able to function without conflicts.. ever! Anyway, he's gone for good and all of his posts/threads are now gone. Should've thought about the consequences before acting in such an atrocious and despicable manner.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
NNOCENT

I came in to catch up on my reading about the new AAM, and theres IP and all kinds of people, I was lost until they told us some posts were deleted, etc.

Makes sense now.

Back on topic, hopefully AAM will have a nice spring BBQ to showoff their new shop so we can check it out!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Hellos,

Thanks Chris & the staff!

Okay, the reason I posted initially in this thread was to add a little more transparency/light to the industry in general. Yes, we are an AAM dealer, so on the surface it could probably be construed as being in our interest to post in this thread, but in all reality, my posts probably should have been made into a thread to explain what we (the team here at Intense) have collectively decided/figured out what's really been the problems with this industry as of late. I chose to post in this thread because it parallels some the issues that I discussed/posted, and that's really all it was about.

Jay'z, who, as Chris mentioned chose to be his normal, negative, Intense-hating self, and said (after my first post) "good try D, but I dont believe you" (or something to that effect). My second response was to him, but it was also to further clarify my original post, and offers more transparency to what we think is the underlying problems with supply chain management in this industry. These issues have lead to many customer service problems for many vendors, not just Intense, and as we've been in this industry for 11 years now, we feel that when we take into consideration all of the years of doing business, the real problem is the glacial pace in the recovery of this economy having a tremendously negative effect on the production overseas, and hence, the delays, and communications roll down hill to us (dealers) and then to you (buyers).

I didn't see what Jay'z posted (it'd be nice if an Admin or Mod would PM me with his response though -- I feel like I deserve to know what he said after putting up with so much of his combativeness and negativity over the years ).

Really though, my posts were and are meant to serve as an insider's point of view of what's going on in the supply chain of parts from overseas, and how it's cause(ed)(ing) delays for the past couple of years. When stepping back and looking at it as a whole, it has a cumulative effect of looking negative on certain (if not all e-commerce) vendors, but without sufficient staffs on both the importer and dealers sides, due to imperative cut-backs, it's a natural outcome that only a rebound in our economy will serve to remedy.

I want to thank the staff for their actions to jettison the unnecessary baggage, so that we can all enjoy a mature environment again that promotes growth and prosperity for all, without the constant threat of combative, childish, and ridiculously impossible negative agendas by a certain (now ex!) member. Good riddance to him!

Darren
Old 04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Darren, I want fkn stance coilovers which I ordered almost two months ago over the phone and was told the would ship in 4 to 6 business days.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

I don't know what your name is, nor have I ever received a PM from you. It's Sunday. I'm about to head off to church, so I don't have time to stop in to the office to check into it.

However, since you've brought it up here, rather than PM'ing me, I will assume one of two things has happened (either of which included you getting a ginormous forum discount):

1. You ordered within the first few days of March, when Stance was inventorying their container and were advised that they would ship to you once Stance was finished. (4-6 business days).

2. The same as above, except that Stance oversold their entire container: Z33, S-Chassis, Miata, Suby, etc, and weren't able to fill orders that were placed right at that end-of-Feb/early-March cusp. We, as we have always done, had been selling and sending purchase orders to Stance all the way up until they were inventorying and had/have never had an issue with them overselling. This last container was unprecedented in that, it was the first container in the new year, and '09's last container was slim because, well, the economy was in the sh!tter. So, when Stance USA went into production to make coilovers for the early March container, their perspective was that of the last container, which was grossly UNDERsold. Nobody knew that everyone and their mama would want Stance coilovers, so between early Feb and early March, we, and Stance got BLOWN up with Stance orders. It didn't hurt that we were giving you guys like $300 off list price, shipped either..

Cut to your order, and what I think happened (again, you've never PM'd me, and I don't know what you name is): You probably ordered during the time that Stance was unloading their container (very early March) and Stance had been giving us the green light on all new purchase orders, so we quoted you 4-6 business days to ship to give them that time to unload, inventory, then ship. It wasn't long after that when disaster struck. First, Stance received ZERO LX+ coilovers for ANY application. People who had orders as old as January didn't get theirs, and we had been told that they would all be filling in the March container. Second, Stance oversold the GR+, GR+Pro, and AL+Pro coilovers for Z33 at some point during their inventorying, and if your order came in very late late Feb or early March (we don't know the exact date that they physically received their container) then A FEW Z33 guys were affected and their coilover order wouldn't be filled until the April container.

Now, if you weren't notified that their container was oversold on all Z33, then that's our FAILURE in communications with you. I won't make any excuse as to why you weren't notified -- it certainly wasn't malicious or deviant as many naysayers would like to vilify us as being guilty of -- rather, between Stance COMPLETELY dropping the ball and not ordering ANY LX+ coilovers, and then overselling the Z33 coilovers, our staff had an enormous task of calling, emailing, etc, ALL (40-50 customers) affected. Apparently, now that you're dropping F-bombs in a public thread, and not PM'ing me, we FAILED to contact you. If that's the case, you have my deepest, most sincere apologies.

...... which brings me up to today: we have been notified that their April container is in Customs as I type this, and should be able to be picked up this week. From there, the normal process of inventorying, and putting together their dealers' back orders transpires. We get our 2-3 palates, do the same, ship the coilovers, then email the tracking numbers.

So, now you've allowed me more transparency. It sucks that it had to be this way, but it sucks worse that you weren't notified when we were that their container was oversold and many people on that cusp wouldn't be getting their coilovers. I'll say this to you, like I said it to that one now-banned guy with a hyphen in his user name (without any challenge in my tone though): call Stance if you don't believe me. Ultimately you ordered from us, and it was our responsibility to update you once we learned that they were oversold. That was our failure, and I'll admit that we, like many of the major JDM aero companies, don't have a super-shop staff of employees, and thus, following up on every order is an impossibility. Sometimes, it seems, that having too big of a staff is counterproductive though too.

PM me if you have more questions, my PM box is 90% full, but there's still room for some conversation there too. If you feel that you have to air this concern on the board, be my guest. And again, you have my apologies for our FAILURE to communicate with you.

Hope this helps. Off to church.

Darren
Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Hello,

I don't know what your name is, nor have I ever received a PM from you. It's Sunday. I'm about to head off to church, so I don't have time to stop in to the office to check into it.

However, since you've brought it up here, rather than PM'ing me, I will assume one of two things has happened (either of which included you getting a ginormous forum discount):

1. You ordered within the first few days of March, when Stance was inventorying their container and were advised that they would ship to you once Stance was finished. (4-6 business days).

2. The same as above, except that Stance oversold their entire container: Z33, S-Chassis, Miata, Suby, etc, and weren't able to fill orders that were placed right at that end-of-Feb/early-March cusp. We, as we have always done, had been selling and sending purchase orders to Stance all the way up until they were inventorying and had/have never had an issue with them overselling. This last container was unprecedented in that, it was the first container in the new year, and '09's last container was slim because, well, the economy was in the sh!tter. So, when Stance USA went into production to make coilovers for the early March container, their perspective was that of the last container, which was grossly UNDERsold. Nobody knew that everyone and their mama would want Stance coilovers, so between early Feb and early March, we, and Stance got BLOWN up with Stance orders. It didn't hurt that we were giving you guys like $300 off list price, shipped either..

Cut to your order, and what I think happened (again, you've never PM'd me, and I don't know what you name is): You probably ordered during the time that Stance was unloading their container (very early March) and Stance had been giving us the green light on all new purchase orders, so we quoted you 4-6 business days to ship to give them that time to unload, inventory, then ship. It wasn't long after that when disaster struck. First, Stance received ZERO LX+ coilovers for ANY application. People who had orders as old as January didn't get theirs, and we had been told that they would all be filling in the March container. Second, Stance oversold the GR+, GR+Pro, and AL+Pro coilovers for Z33 at some point during their inventorying, and if your order came in very late late Feb or early March (we don't know the exact date that they physically received their container) then A FEW Z33 guys were affected and their coilover order wouldn't be filled until the April container.

Now, if you weren't notified that their container was oversold on all Z33, then that's our FAILURE in communications with you. I won't make any excuse as to why you weren't notified -- it certainly wasn't malicious or deviant as many naysayers would like to vilify us as being guilty of -- rather, between Stance COMPLETELY dropping the ball and not ordering ANY LX+ coilovers, and then overselling the Z33 coilovers, our staff had an enormous task of calling, emailing, etc, ALL (40-50 customers) affected. Apparently, now that you're dropping F-bombs in a public thread, and not PM'ing me, we FAILED to contact you. If that's the case, you have my deepest, most sincere apologies.

...... which brings me up to today: we have been notified that their April container is in Customs as I type this, and should be able to be picked up this week. From there, the normal process of inventorying, and putting together their dealers' back orders transpires. We get our 2-3 palates, do the same, ship the coilovers, then email the tracking numbers.

So, now you've allowed me more transparency. It sucks that it had to be this way, but it sucks worse that you weren't notified when we were that their container was oversold and many people on that cusp wouldn't be getting their coilovers. I'll say this to you, like I said it to that one now-banned guy with a hyphen in his user name (without any challenge in my tone though): call Stance if you don't believe me. Ultimately you ordered from us, and it was our responsibility to update you once we learned that they were oversold. That was our failure, and I'll admit that we, like many of the major JDM aero companies, don't have a super-shop staff of employees, and thus, following up on every order is an impossibility. Sometimes, it seems, that having too big of a staff is counterproductive though too.

PM me if you have more questions, my PM box is 90% full, but there's still room for some conversation there too. If you feel that you have to air this concern on the board, be my guest. And again, you have my apologies for our FAILURE to communicate with you.

Hope this helps. Off to church.

Darren

so u didnt have time to check his order but you had time to write a novel on here that took at least 20mns. like every other post of yours which is half the page long and think someone is really gonna read through it

Ill refrain from saying anything else i guess and let nexx handle it, except nothing Darren from intense has said in this thread has anything to do with the thread topic since his first post...good luck nexx, i see a headache coming on

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-18-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 AM
MDHRZ

Quick Reply: All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch