Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
OMGLOLAAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
* Altered Atmosphere did not file bankruptcy
How will they pay all of that money back?

* They did not go out of business because of the Mid-A reputation or because of the economy like others have suggested. They were always booked solid until the day they closed up the last shop
Then why was the shop name changed and why did they move? Debt?

* Mike no longer owns the company, but he still works there
Who owns the company now?

* Their main focus will be R&D and mass producing parts and turbo kits
I kind of believe this. Will AAM actually sell the turbo kits without requiring the customer to have the install done there?
Clint why dont you chime in on this one since you want us to better understand how great AAM is now
Old 04-20-2010, 12:21 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sorry, but you guys at AAM are just kind of fueling the masses, and proving everyone right. I've never dealt with you before, and I would definitely still consider giving AAM a chance. As far as I know, PunisherZ had a good experience with his turbo build by you guys, and I saw his car several times and that thing was sick.

However the fact that is seems a bunch of the employees are going and making these fake SN's just to stand up for themselves and bash what others have to say isn't professional at ALL. Just sayin...

Last edited by pfregeolle; 04-20-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by TwoFiveBar
After reading this quote, I am saying to myself wtf?. Not the same attitude you had when Jeremy was here for his short stint.
Jeremy the scammer? I did have a different attitude before until I had a chance to talk to a few people. Has anything changed with AAM? You still haven't answer my other questions.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 04-20-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
MDHRZ

A former AAM customer writes,
I didnt leave AAM when Mike p!ssed me off, I didnt leave AAM when I found clips missing under the hood, etc. I left because he flat out lied to my face and lied about parts that went on my car.
How do you explain that?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
TwoFiveBar

---

Last edited by TwoFiveBar; 03-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
shocka04

What's you definition of bashing? Everybody here is stating facts. Not sure what the problem is .

Who cares if the problems were with FI builds or NA builds. The bottom line is that customer service was horrible and people were raped for thousands of dollars. I'm glad I saw a few of the threads and had a chance to talk to a few people before I made the mistake of taking my car there. Maybe some big changes are in store for the new shop, who knows. I was very close to going there when Jeremy Tibbs worked there. What a mistake that would have been...

Parts aren't bad though. They should keep making those.
The problem with that statement is that those two things are on different levels. This relates to any shop. Most shops will have good reviews from installing bolt on's(exhaust, intakes, ..) so therefore you would think their CS is great. But that doesn't mean they are good at installing turbos/built motors. Thats why I said people can refer to the FI forum for reviews. If you are relying on simple bolt on install reviews than every shop would have a good reputation.

The reason I bring this up is that all of the issues that I've heard of from AAM was in the past with turbo/built motor issues. I've never heard complaints about their CS when it comes to simple installs.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
MDHRZ

^MDHRZ

Edit: You are quoting stuff that happened literally more than 3 years ago. I wasn't even at Altered at the time. Please don't dredge up things from the past that have no real current context. Altered was so much different then. I certainly would have done things much differently at that time if I was at the shop - I am sure others would attest to this. I have made a concerted effort to improve Altered over the last few years and I feel that it shows were it counts.

AAM Competition, LLC is a completely different company with different goals, objectives, owners, staff etc and I will continue, as I have even more influence now, to make an effort to provide quality parts and services. And solving any issues that arise with as much professionalism as I can.

To be fair you never even gave me/altered a chance anyway.

I see the Greddy's in the avatar, did you end up with the 20g kit afterall?
Fair enough. With that being said I look forward to see the changes that AAM makes. What happened to the old AAM though? (see below)

* They did not go out of business because of the Mid-A reputation or because of the economy like others have suggested. They were always booked solid until the day they closed up the last shop

I kind of believe this. Will AAM actually sell the turbo kits without requiring the customer to have the install done there?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
MDHRZ

bump
Old 04-22-2010, 02:41 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fair enough. With that being said I look forward to see the changes that AAM makes. What happened to the old AAM though? (see below)

Hmmm these are all logical questions. Answers?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
TwoFiveBar

---

Last edited by TwoFiveBar; 03-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

good luck with "new" company and i hope to see quality builds only!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Vader007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Ownership games?

Mike does not own AAM Competition,LLC. He works for AAM Competition and is tuner/production-supervisor/Head of R&D. If an issue arises that I alone cannot solve or an internal conflict arises, I can go to various sources whom have influence over the company. None of them are Mike.

Skated right around that one!
I believe the question was.....WHO OWNS IT IF MIKE DOESNT?
People want proof that MIke does not own it, yes it makes a difference.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 AM
MDHRZ

More people (Mid-A and this forum) would be inclined to support AAM if they knew FOR SURE that Mike did not own the company. If he does not own the company, then why is he still working there as head of R&D and more importantly a TUNER. Every problem that came out of AAM in the past had to do with MIKE. He was a problem then and he will more than likely be a problem now.

One more question though, who is the owner of AAM Comp?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Dirty 30

Good to see that Clint is still around and kickin' ***. He's deff the best employee AAM has.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 AM
jasabeast

Was Mike the dude giving rides in his GTR at the Function Tuned Charity Car Wash last year?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 AM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Originally Posted by Alberto
I think everybody in the Mid-A who has been around 3+years with common sense knows the situation. It doesnt take a genious to see its the guys who have cat backs and brake pads installed who love and "vouch" for AAM. The guys who do big projects are the ones who usually left frustrated. We have seen tons of threads directly from AAM, employee changes, etc, etc over the years but in the end nothing changed then and nothing, other than their name, will change now.

If you choose to believe differently good luck.
1+
Old 04-23-2010, 05:19 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by jasabeast
Was Mike the dude giving rides in his GTR at the Function Tuned Charity Car Wash last year?
That is a different Mike.

Clint you are a stand up guy when I met you and I probably would of stuck with AAM if Mike didn't sit me down and triple the price and amound of Labor I wanted to do, so in my opinion my only bad taste with AAM is due to the owner at the time.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 AM
MDHRZ

To be fair you never even gave me/altered a chance anyway.
As NX2KDET already stated, you do seem like a stand up guy. If I ever need parts then I'll come to you directly. However, tuning and installs are a whole different story. After all of the issues in the past how could anyone want to have installs or tuning performed by AAM? You can't say Mike didn't screw up a G37 tune shortly before AAM shut its doors...

I see the Greddy's in the avatar, did you end up with the 20g kit afterall?
I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I went with the 20G kit. Hopefully everything will be all said and done by the beginning of June so I can take it to OC for the car show. If not, no big deal. I really don't want to rush it. UPS held me up by smashing the FMIC. The new one should be here today.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 AM
jasabeast

How much power are you going for MD?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Driven1
Professional

Lol and Mike doesn't "own" it...but does everything a primary shareholder/owner does and what he has done in the past. Nothing new.

AND even BIGGER LULZ for "it wasn't Bankruptcy, we closed the doors and settled". Sounds an awful lot like Chapter 11 to me? If it was Mediated or Arbitrated...the docs wouldn't be public info.

Clint that just made you sound like the biggest fool. Sorry but it did.

Last edited by Driven1; 04-23-2010 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: All new AAM Competition, LLC Launch