Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Examples of Situations that will get you banned?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Examples of Situations that will get you banned?

This is a tread that I really wish to keep ontop, keep serious, keep clean.. to be used as a possible sticky to help define situations that will get you banned.

Now we all know that each situation is different and that is going to ALWAYS be a judgement call to the Mods and Staff.

However there are very distinct things that can get one banned. I would like to use this seriously as a sound board for SERIOUS post on situation that the MidA (for starters) feel that are very obvious and legit reasons to get banned.

I am in legal compliance for a living so I understand the TOS being generic, however we are not looking for a "keep you out of court" definition, we are looking for obvious ways to defend ourselves when we feel we need to, or be able to joke yet knowing the limits or when a great joke becomes too much. Saying youre gay is highly offensive to a gay person, unfortunately the gay community is not in abundance here so that is a sticky situation that maybe need help being defined. Gay could mean happy, gay could mean bad like in the 1980s, thats so gay, however in todays wold that world is just as bad as the N word in the gay community.

Again, please post seriously, mods id love some help deleting non productive post to keep this on topic.

1. Knowing a person suffered a loss of a family member and deliberately saying something derogatory in reference to that loved one.

2. Threatening to kill someone, seriously. Not in.. I will kill NYCQUEENS TT G35. :-)

3. Serious Racism: Like dropping the N word, I feel that even African Americans should be banned for using the term online. Even when posting lyrics, it should be edited out IMO. But if I say I am so JDM I Sleep on the right side of the bed. Not so much.

4. Posting personal information online about someone, like Facebook, twitter, ASL, etc. Yes those are public profiles but only to be used in reference to those TOS, grabbing and posting from Facebook is not legal in many ways, yet legal in others, see their TOS for details.

For once MidAers be serious and lets help, at least in the MidA, get something positive started so that we can our cake and eat it too.

Thanks

Corey aka GZILLA aka here 4shizzl

refreshments will be served at my house superbowl sunday for serious posters

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 01-25-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 AM
4SHIZZIL

copy past then add serious inoputs please.

We will govern ourselves if we have too. lol

1. Knowing a person suffered a loss of a family member and deliberately saying something derogatory in reference to that loved one.

2. Threatening to kill someone, seriously. Not in.. I will kill NYCQUEENS TT G35. :-)

3. Serious Racism: Like dropping the N word, I feel that even African Americans should be banned for using the term online. Even when posting lyrics, it should be edited out IMO. But if I say I am so JDM I Sleep on the right side of the bed. Not so much.

4. Posting personal information online about someone, like Facebook, twitter, ASL, etc. Yes those are public profiles but only to be used in reference to those TOS, grabbing and posting from Facebook is not legal in many ways, yet legal in others, see their TOS for details.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How about don't be a douche and use common sense. I honestly don't think anyone with an IQ over 50 would have a hard time not getting banned here. Conspiracy theories aside.

For the most part getting banned from my350z should include an interwebz ban.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 AM
4SHIZZIL

Infor obtained from a good friend.

Maybe outsider Mods and Staff should consult with local Mods before banning anyone in the Mid A

I mean the behaivor of us is so different yet we all understand one another for the most part.

C5 is by far the most honest neutral poster on serious topics I have ever seen
SuperG has great information but is above the drama, so he never post
Alberto is crazy so who knows what he will say.. but local mods all know the trends and patterns of the MidA more than a stand in mod for the day or week.

maybe this will help, escalation process?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:08 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I completely understand what your getting at only because I'm on here often. The problem is that these new morons can stumble upon the Mid A threads and think it's acceptable to carry on like you guys do not knowing that you guys are very close.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I should also mention....no one was banned for my above picture....it was in jest.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:09 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can think of one! Calling a Caucasian woman being with a black man a N**** lover following a series of racial jokes made by other Mid-A members. Because apparently that's offensive to some random white man since his sister dated "one" whom happened to have passed away as a war hero. That kind of act should not be tolerated.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 AM
4SHIZZIL

The key in information technolgy is the information, not the technology. Im seriously trying to aid in proper Modnesss.

But it looks like if someone doesn't like me because im pro-subject x, and they are anti. I get banned?

Just doesn't add up. We all have job mates, family members,neighbors we dont like, you cant walk around life banning folks that have diff opinions about something/someone/somecar/some police experience.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mid-A should police itself.

We weed out the queers on our own, much like the FI section.

Cass can certainly relate to that lol
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 AM
4SHIZZIL

this is one ugly as Motley Crew.

but Crew it is, indeed.

wikacheapia copy paste below.

This page refers to a common cliché in fiction. For the 1980s Rock band, see Mötley Crüe. For the 1976–1999 comic strip, see Motley's Crew.
A motley crew is a cliché for a roughly organized assembly of characters. Typical examples of motley crews are pirates, Western posses, rag-tag mercenary bands or freedom fighters. They may align with, be (as a group), or include either the protagonist or the antagonist of the story.

Motley crews are, by definition, non-uniform and undisciplined as a group. They are characterised by containing characters of conflicting personality, varying backgrounds, and, usually to the benefit of the group, a wide array of methods for overcoming adversity. Traditionally, a motley crew who in the course of a story comes into conflict with an organised, uniform group of characters, will prevail. This is generally achieved through the narrative utilising the various specialties, traits and other personal advantages of each member to counterbalance the (often sole) specialty of a formal group of adversaries.

Archetypical examples of the "motley crew" overcoming adversity are commonly found in fantasy and science fiction. Examples include parties of the Rebel Alliance (often including both humans and other species such as Wookiees, Ewoks, or Gungans) defeating many identical battle droids or stormtroopers in the Star Wars universe. A motley crew is also the archetype for most sports stories. Examples include The Mighty Ducks, The Sandlot, in which the opposing and antagonistical team that is ultimately defeated is also much more organized and coherent.

Finally after 6 years. The A in Mid A is below!
Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχίᾱ anarchíā), has more than one colloquial definition. In the United States, the term "anarchy" typically is meant to refer to a society without a publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority. When used in this sense, anarchy may or may not be intended to imply political disorder or lawlessness within a society.

Outside of the US, and by most individuals that self-identify as anarchists, it implies a system of governance, mostly theoretical at a nation state level although there are a few successful historical examples, that goes to lengths to avoid the use of coercion, violence, force and authority, while still producing a productive and desirable society

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 01-26-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:28 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ someone just needs to make me the Mid A moderater and things will be peachy.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

meh..