Notices
Middle East Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Turkey, etc

Is there any Z out there (in a Pink Floyd way)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 04:13 AM
aalzuhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is there any Z out there (in a Pink Floyd way)

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many Z's are in the region and on this forum? And how many wanting to mod their Z’s?

Please if you have a Z, post a reply, I would love to hear from you, the whole point of this is to have the "Middle East" section alive, and share information?

The beginning:
I Got my Z in January this year and one thing I did not like was the power to looks ratio the car looks very sporty and aggressive but only has 294hp (As advertised in the Middle East), so my plan was to increase HP and have something that would compete with all the 911 Turbo’s we have here in Riyadh.

The Mods:
So I looked around this forum, reading and I decided to go with Ultimate Racing Twin Turbo Kit. I personally liked it for the following reasons:

1) Garrett GT turbos
2) Bar and Plate intercooler (better cooling for our summer time)
3) Equal length pipes
4) New fueling system

Other than that I have already installed a PC in the car which I will be using to tune my TT, and show off

On thing I found out, that we in Riyadh do not have a single tuner !!! The only tuners I found where in Dubai and one in Bahrain. Its amazing.

Anyway, I have been bugging Darryl at Ultimate Racing (very nice guy and well informed) for information on how to tune the car, and of course a lot of members (To name a few, and they are listed in no specific order - gq_626, GT SPEC, SQUILL, Jason@Performance, Chebosto, BigBadBlackTrack, chazzg, SKiDaZZLe, zland) on this forum have written some very interesting articles and I have learned a lot, so now I’m very comfortable to do it myself.

Races:
So far I have raced with a Holden SS , BMW X5 4.6 , Porsche GT2 just for fun, over all the car in my opinion, is well balanced and great bang for the buck

Future Plans:
First, I well try to get used to the car with the TT and then I will be changing the engine internals for more boost. And another thing that is very important for me is to upgrade the brakes and chassis; I have read on this forum that a company called “GT SPEC” is working on a braces and I think it would be needed to eliminate any flexing in the chassis, if your are planning to increase HP.

The below is a list of mods that I like (any part with “-“ before it, means that durability or need is not yet confirmed):

Suspension, Chassis and Breaks:
AP Racing – Track Model Cross-Drilled / Slotted Front Rotor
AP Racing – Track Model Cross-Drilled / Slotted Rear Rotor
GT SPEC Chassis Braces
Performance Nissan Racing Adjustable Upper Control Arms
JIC MAGIC Rear Traction Rod
JIC MAGIC Rear Camber Adjustable Link
JIC MAGIC Rear Toe Control Arm
- RSW Reinforcement Bar with Solid Bar (Black)
NISMO S-Tune Front and Rear Sway Bar Set
NISMO S-Tune Suspension Set (Springs + Shocks)
Toyo TS-1 245/40 18
Toyo TS-1 275/40 18
NISMO Front Alloy Wheel - LM GT4, 18x8.5J (+25) Silver
NISMO Rear Alloy Wheel - LM GT4, 18x9.5J (+30) Silver

Drivetran:
- Half Shafts
- Drive Shaft
- 6 Speed Manual Transmission
ATS Carbon Disk LSD
ATS Carbon Twin Disk Clutch 350Z - 1350 kg Pressure Plate with Flywheel

Engine:
9.2:1 Compression Ratio Sleeved Engine Block with Forged Internals
- Ignition MSD type of thing if needed
Greddy PRofec e-01 (Elec. Boost Controller & e-manage Programmer)
5Zigen Engine Mount Dampener
Technosquare Inc. Software (RPM/ 155mph / throttle correction)
Kinetix Racing Plenum (F/I Version)
Nissan Earth System Grounding Kit

Anyway, I just wanted to share experience and ideas.

Thank you,

Az

Last edited by aalzuhair; 05-08-2004 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:39 PM
jj4ever

nice thread aalzuhair.
well, i just got my Z before one and half month, and to be honest with u, i m very comfertible with the current power of the car. for now, i have no plans to modify my car, but i will in the future.

anyway, i found a nice 350Z modified at nissan workshop before 1 month, and i was asking about the car, but no answer (if u live in Dubai, it is a black Z, with big exhausts)... this is the only modifed Z i'v ever seen in Dubai.

as for the engine upgrade for ur car, it sounds good, but i really need to know more about the Twin Turbo, specialy the reliablity in summer (becuse i know many guys installed Turbos in many cars, and the faced problems in the summer here in Dubai even with the intercoolers)..

BTW, aalzuhair, telll me about that Holden SS that u raced , is it a standrd Lumina SS (coupe or Saloon).. and was ur car standrd or with the modifications when u raced it.. im intersting in racing some Lumina SS Coupe here ,and i'v driven couple of them, and i want to hear from someone who already raced these cars..

Last edited by jj4ever; 05-08-2004 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:47 PM
jj4ever

BTW, until now, i raced the folowing cars (and beat them all)
- couple of Audi TT 225hp Quattro (one was modified also)
- '04 CLK 320
- Mustang GT
- Honda S2000
- Boxster and Boxster S
- BMW 745
- Audi S3
Old 05-09-2004, 12:54 PM
aalzuhair

Hi jj4ever,

Well, my brother saw a Z with a body kit in Riyadh and he said that it had some type of exhaust, weird!! This guy with that Z is driving all over the gulf or it could be that the dealers in the area are doing it.

The guys at Ultimate Racing, where I bought my TT are making it with a bigger intercooler core and also I’m getting everything needed to tune the engine (well almost, except the Dyno ), but anyway this car will only be driven at night and not in the day time. I don’t know about the kits your talking about, but this kit will have a Bar and Plate intercooler and according to the information I got this intercooler should cool the air about 30% more than conventional (like the one on the Greddy) intercooler.

What do you like to know about the kit? IMO, I think this kit is the best one, out the box, it includes the fueling system (new fuel pump, fuel rails, injectors, etc).

The Holden is a Lumina 4 doors SS and my Z is still stock (And had the VDC on), and I took him from the start by a bit, he did not show any sign of interest in racing until the light went green, any way, by the time I hit 120 kmh I was pulling on him like ½ a car every second.

Az
Old 06-07-2004, 08:34 AM
fairladyz03

what kind of power you putting to the wheels w/ the TT and upgrades
Old 06-22-2004, 12:17 PM
BRZ33
Banned

damn, they sells Nissans in Saudi Arabia? They better pull out of that ***** hole before the U.S. nukes their azz's LOL! =)
Old 07-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Originally posted by BRZ33
damn, they sells Nissans in Saudi Arabia? They better pull out of that ***** hole before the U.S. nukes their azz's LOL! =)
i almost forgot that we also have ignorant Z drivers...
Old 07-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Old 07-22-2004, 04:39 PM
tivaj

Question what do u think?

what's up guys....i have been thinking about buying a z, but after reading about the problems folks on this are talking about, i am reconsidering...tell me...have you experienced any of these problems?? help make...i really like the way this looks and drives.

Salaam
Old 08-03-2004, 07:13 AM
jj4ever

tivaj, until now i didnt face any seriuos problem with my Z. there is no car that doesnt have any type of problems, even the cars that known as perfect cars have many recalls (like BMW, MB, etc..)

belive me, go and test drive he Z, and u wont regret it (and i m sure u will consider buying the Z serously)
Old 08-04-2004, 05:43 PM
tivaj

thanx for the reply....how many miles do u have on ur z?
regds
Old 08-05-2004, 11:36 AM
jj4ever

around 5600 miles in in 4 months
Old 08-29-2004, 11:37 AM
tivaj

Talking

Originally posted by jj4ever
around 5600 miles in in 4 months
Hey man...waz up? how are you doing with Z...still a happy camper....i sure hope so...i am pretty close to making that trip to the dealership...hoping to hear good news from you on ur z..

Regds
Old 09-15-2004, 05:19 AM
FairladyZ

My dad took a trip to the UAE (beautiful area), they treated him like a king. He was taken from the airport to the hotel (on its own island) in a very high class car (cant remeber which). He tells me they either pick you up by this car or by personal plane the hotel.

Either the king? or someone through a huge party, with more food than anything.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:46 AM
aalzuhair

Originally posted by FairladyZ
My dad took a trip to the UAE (beautiful area), they treated him like a king. He was taken from the airport to the hotel (on its own island) in a very high class car (cant remeber which). He tells me they either pick you up by this car or by personal plane the hotel.

Either the king? or someone through a huge party, with more food than anything.
I'm glad to hear that yah the UAE is the best place in the Gulf IMO. If you ever want to come to the Gulf its the place to be.

Az