Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

RAN w/ an S2000 w/ slight mods, we Ran 4 times, great races.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 10:45 PM
zogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAN w/ an S2000 w/ slight mods, we Ran 4 times, great races.

RAN w/ an S2000 w/ slight mods, we Ran 4 times, great races.

We had equal mods, about equal driving skills, both of us had passengers.

Round 1, were going about 30, I pulled 1 car length. We shut down at the end of 4th, on all of the races I didn't look at the speed, I was only looking at the road and rpm's

Round 2, from a stop, I gained about car length and maintained until shut down in 4th. We both had "OK" launches, but I still wasn't getting good traction in 2nd. I was being conserative on my shifts

Round 3, I had a bad launch, he had about an half of car length, I never could get traction or catch up, he got the win on that round by maintaining his 1/2 lenght.

Round 4, Equal launches, the Z gained a little by little to about 1 car lengths, we shut it down at the end of 4th gear again.

We both were pumped on the races, our friends all watched, we had a good time, not talking trash, and mutual respect was given. I want to race one w/ better road conditions or on a track.

We are going to race again and try and get it on Digi. video.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Dolby109

Default Re: RAN w/ an S2000 w/ slight mods, we Ran 4 times, great races.

Great kills man. Sounds like a pretty quick S2000.
Originally posted by zogan
We are going to race again and try and get it on Digi. video.
Great idea...
Old 03-02-2003, 07:44 AM
negcamber

Interesting...I would have thought that with an intake and exhaust on the Z it would not be close at all. Does the Z not respond well to bolt-ons like the S2k?
Old 03-02-2003, 10:42 AM
typeR

Originally posted by negcamber
Interesting...I would have thought that with an intake and exhaust on the Z it would not be close at all. Does the Z not respond well to bolt-ons like the S2k?
you're joking right?
Old 03-02-2003, 01:33 PM
zogan

It wasn't about the cars, with the road conditions, it was about the driver getting traction. I was surprised once we got going, that he could keep up, but he did, so they were all good runs.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:02 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my understanding is that, YES the S2000 responds MUCH better to bolt ons. Until someome cracks the ECU (or the nismo stuff comes out), we may NOT see HUGE gain.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:12 PM
zogan

Originally posted by rodH
my understanding is that, YES the S2000 responds MUCH better to bolt ons. Until someome cracks the ECU (or the nismo stuff comes out), we may NOT see HUGE gain.
I can tell the difference w/ my add ons by feel. I have added stuff before. I think the reason the race was so close b/c I wasn't getting good traction in second gear. In first gear I expect a little spin, but I usually don't get spin in second. W/ the road conditions we were racing in, it seemed like I was spinning more then normal.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:10 PM
typeR

you guys are crazy...the S2000 does not respond to mods....headers 4-6 whp...what do you want from the world most hp per litre production car....for the clS we get 32 WHP gain from headers...now thats response....
Old 03-02-2003, 06:32 PM
droideka

I went to an S2K dyno day recently with my Z. S2Ks with intake and exhaust were putting down LESS RWHP than completely stock S2Ks with as little as 1900 miles on them. Is that what you consider responding well to bolt ons?
Old 03-02-2003, 06:36 PM
droideka

Originally posted by typeR
you guys are crazy...the S2000 does not respond to mods....headers 4-6 whp...what do you want from the world most hp per litre production car....for the clS we get 32 WHP gain from headers...now thats response....
Actually, the S2K has/will be bested by the little 1.3L Renesis in the RX-8 that puts out 250HP and claims the new title as HP/LT champ.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:56 PM
negcamber

Originally posted by droidekaus
Is that what you consider responding well to bolt ons?
Sorry, I must not have phrased my post very well, because this is exactly opposite to what I was trying to convey.

"Does the Z not respond well to bolt-ons like the S2k?" Let me rephrase: Is the Z like the S2k in that it does not respond well to bolt-ons?

my understanding is that, YES the S2000 responds MUCH better to bolt ons.
You understand incorrectly. Short of FI nothing really helps an S2k. Many bolt-ons actually do more harm on an S2k than good.

Last edited by negcamber; 03-02-2003 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:59 PM
typeR

Sorry, I must not have phrased my post very well, because this is exactly opposite to what I was trying to convey.

"Does the Z not respond well to bolt-ons like the S2k?" Let me rephrase: Is the Z like the S2k in that it does not respond well to bolt-ons?
now i understand....
Old 03-02-2003, 07:00 PM
hoopjones

It was clear to me what you meant. Jeez, these people are so touchy about their cars over here....
Old 03-02-2003, 07:00 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Actually, the S2K has/will be bested by the little 1.3L Renesis in the RX-8 that puts out 250HP and claims the new title as HP/LT champ.
actually the Renesis motor is a 2-rotor and EACH rotor displaces 1.3 liters for a total of 2.6 liters...

Last edited by BriGuyMax; 03-02-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:05 PM
BJS 3.5SE

Those S2000's don't do to good with mods.........in a recent SCC mag they had a supercharged one.....and it only like dropped .5 second and increased 5 or 6 mph in the 1/4. Car and driver did one where they ported the head, installed dfi, and a bunch of other stuff, and they only got 35 or so hp...They r pretty maxxed from the factory..
Their alot better road coure car then drag racer......between the two i think a stock z has the edge.
Good run.
I would love to get into a drag race with one..that would be too much fun

Last edited by BJS 3.5SE; 03-02-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:09 PM
zogan

Originally posted by BJS 3.5SE
Those S2000's don't do to good with mods.........in a recent SCC mag they had a supercharged one.....and it only like dropped .5 second and increased 5 or 6 mph in the 1/4..
nd i too, like some of u, have heard about mods actually not helpin all that much..
Their alot better road coure car then drag racer......between the two i think a stock z has the edge.
Good run.
I would love to get into a drag race with one..that would be too much fun
It was the really fun, I had a blast, plus it was friendly and a lot of people were watching.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:05 AM
droideka

No problem. And no, I don't see spectacular results coming out of the Z bolt-on camp.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:01 AM
negcamber

And no, I don't see spectacular results coming out of the Z bolt-on camp.
Interesting...I'm honestly surprised.

It is really going to suck for the aftermarket retailers if car manufacturers keep putting out cars that are at the max from the factory.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:22 AM
droideka

It is really going to suck for the aftermarket retailers if car manufacturers keep putting out cars that are at the max from the factory.
I should qualify my statement. I'm not impressed by a few (under 10) HP to the wheels from an intake. If we were to see gains like the 30WHP from the Comptech headers on the CL-Ss 3.2L V6 for around the same, sane pricing (~$1100), then I would be impressed.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:02 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

I don't think the Z's 3.5L motor is anywhere near maxed out from the factory...just wait until some real mods like headers and chips, and cams come out...the thing will really wake up. Our cams are SO FREAKING mild you wouldn't believe it...

Quick Reply: RAN w/ an S2000 w/ slight mods, we Ran 4 times, great races.