Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Black CRX with roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 06:21 AM
jesseenglish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black CRX with roll cage

So, I was sitting at a light on Powers Blvd and Galley (If anyone knows Colorado Springs) going south, when all of a sudden a black CRX with roll cage, some nasty exhaust manifold rattling and fart can muffler pulls up next to me. He looks over and starts revving his engine. I'm sitting there thinking, should I do it? My engine only has 250 Miles on it, can I risk revving it a little? Well, needless to say I couldn't pass it up.

Anyways light turns green and I'm off like a rocket, still trying to keep the rpm semi-low. Well, by the time I hit the over pass for Platte (maybe 1/8 mile) he was an easy 10 car lengths behind me. So I slow down a little (speed limit is 50 mph), and this dumb *** pulls up next to me and starts revving his engine again and just trying to get me to race him again I guess.

At that point I'd already proved my point and I didn't want to downshift real hard, so I just went down to fourth and sped up a little so he'd go away. He was pretty fast at that point, but I wasn't really pushing the car. He probably thinks he won the race and I look forward to the next time he pulls up next to me and my engine is broken in. I look forward to teaching him a lesson.