Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

F**king SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 10:35 AM
e46fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DamianZ
Are you insinuating that he's a woman and that he shouldn't argue because men are always right?

uhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-29-2003, 10:48 AM
DamianZ

Originally posted by e46fanatic

cool smilies. Don't take it personal.
Damian 2003 350z Enthusiast
Old 05-29-2003, 11:05 AM
DaPurpleRT

That's the bottom line, you can never replace quality.

There are so many other cars I'd rather drive than a neon, just the name neon makes me think on the same par in terms of a hyundai (although hyundai makes better cars now with their 10 year warranty).
I have to shake my head at idiots that have been brainwashed so all they can do is repeat "Der, Japanese quality good! American quality bad! Derr duh! Hehehe!"

Most first year models will have TONS of problems, including Jap models. The SRT4? NONE.

All Dodge's come with a 7year/70k mile warranty. If Hondas/Toyotas/Nissan are so far superior why don't they have the same or MUCH greater warranty? And if you say something so stupid as "they don't need it" I will not bother to reply to you again as you obviously haven't got the ability to hold intelligent conversation.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:14 PM
FinalTA

thank you mullet-euroguy, I would rather buy a rice rocket than an american POS, also I'd rather rely on a used Honda motor as well.

Let's not get into a kiddie Internet discussion on who's right or wrong now, obviously I'm always right.
How many POS E46 motors have popped now anyway
Old 05-29-2003, 01:30 PM
e46fanatic

ooooooh threats from neon owners.

how nice.

In the end you still drive a neon, get over it.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:14 PM
quallabone_

You're such a tool. You spent to much on your car. I spent to much on my car. The neon is an awesome deal. You say you'd rather have a built early 90's civic? I would as well. Way cheaper. But even cheaper is a dodge omni GLH. Pick one up for 400 bucks and for a grand you have a 12-13 second car. Don't compare new to used. That's as stupid as comparing stock to modded. And quit using the domestic vs. import copout. You don't have to tell us our cars are domestic. WE KNOW THEY ARE. Oh and F bodies are mullet cars. Don't confuse that with all domestics ***.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:19 PM
DaPurpleRT

how nice.

WTF are talking about tool? I don't see a post by a Neon owner anywhere in this thread........
Old 05-29-2003, 02:31 PM
quallabone_

how nice.

Do you actually own an M3 or is it one of those "I'm planning on buying a car once I reach the nice age of 14." things? I have one of those fantasies too... I'm going to own a McLaren LM. Someone change my name to McLarenFanaticYO.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:20 PM
DamianZ

Originally posted by DaPurpleRT
If Hondas/Toyotas/Nissan are so far superior why don't they have the same or MUCH greater warranty?
I know Nissan does, it's called an extended warranty. The question is why are the Japanese the thinkers while the others are the followers? No I'm not throwing any self-serving biases. Just a thought.

Damian 2003 350z Enthusiast SS
Old 05-29-2003, 10:29 PM
DaPurpleRT

Originally posted by DamianZ
I know Nissan does, it's called an extended warranty. The question is why are the Japanese the thinkers while the others are the followers? No I'm not throwing any self-serving biases. Just a thought.

Damian 2003 350z Enthusiast SS
I am talking a BASIC warranty, meaning you don't have to pay anymore for it, meaning whether you buy a new Viper or a base Neon you get that warranty at no charge. So why don't the Japs give it standard?

And explain to me how the "others" (assuming you mean domestics and Euros) are "following" the Japanese please....
Old 05-29-2003, 10:29 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, but you gotta pay for the extended warranty from Nissan.

It's free from Dodge.

Not sure what you are referring to about Japanese being thinkers and Domestics followers. Domestics have had fast compact cars in the past, and have had long warranties, so I don't think the statement is valid. Please clarify.

I think Dodge has made some of the best styled domestic cars over the past 10 years.

Avenger
Viper
Dakota
Ram
Prowler
PT Cruiser
SRT-4

Even if nobody seems to like the Neon now, it was a very popular car when it first arrived. I don't know too much about the Dodge Quality long term, but my Dakota has had far less initial problems than my Z. Their styling and design are top notch, though.

I really like the SRT-4. It's nice to see that people can get a 20K car that performs like many 30K cars, and a 30K car (STI/EVO/Z) that performs like many 40K car.

Hopefully GM will come roaring back as the leader of $/performance by bringing the LS-1 to a sub 30K car, but this time with a better platform, and preferably in a sports car version (like a cheap vette). That would be sweet.

-D'oh!
Old 05-30-2003, 05:51 AM
FinalTA

Originally posted by D'oh

Hopefully GM will come roaring back as the leader of $/performance by bringing the LS-1 to a sub 30K car, but this time with a better platform, and preferably in a sports car version (like a cheap vette). That would be sweet.

-D'oh!

Go sit in and drive the new GTO when it hits dealerships this fall. You will be pleasantly surprised. The fit and finish is awesome for a GM car. The same applies for the new Grand Prix...
Old 05-30-2003, 01:33 PM
DamianZ

I am talking a BASIC warranty, meaning you don't have to pay anymore for it, meaning whether you buy a new Viper or a base Neon you get that warranty at no charge. So why don't the Japs give it standard?
It's highly competitive. Yes. I didn't know which one you were refering to. Anyways, many people have that assumption that since it's foreign like Japanese, it's better then an American vehicle. This is probably not true but a social construct. Not a scientific fact. Perhaps the Japanese probably have that mentality of "why bother to give a same or longer warranty like American cars since we have demand for our cars throughout the U.S "It's all the influence I think that initializes the Japanese to then take threatning control and of their money."
I think the Japanese have always mainly focused on internal issues like suspension and driving stability. Craftsmanship might have been also a factor. But it seems like American car makers and engineers have mainly focused on speed when it comes to sports cars. Maybe they have taken the same step and realize there are more important issues then just acceleration. Stlye, price, dependability, and others. Look at Hyundai. they have a 10 year warranty with their vehicles. Again, I think it's a social, historical, or cultural facotr of why warranties are offered differently in the United States from Japanese or other foreign makers against American makers. Just my 0.5cents
Damian 2003 350z SS Enthusiast
Old 05-30-2003, 07:56 PM
e46fanatic

WTF are talking about tool? I don't see a post by a Neon owner anywhere in this thread........

I suggest that you need to go buy one since I see so many domestic ricers here on the defense when I merely state as my own personal *opinion* that American cars in general (especially neons) are crap. I've had my share with American POS cars, and personally I'd rather buy a used Honda than a new domestic.

I presume anyone who hate domestics are all tools , go figure...
Old 05-30-2003, 08:18 PM
e46fanatic

Originally posted by quallabone
You're such a tool. You spent to much on your car. I spent to much on my car. The neon is an awesome deal. You say you'd rather have a built early 90's civic? I would as well. Way cheaper. But even cheaper is a dodge omni GLH. ....blah blah blah blah ..I'm really the tool. I speak like this since I barely passed 5th grade. My sentences don't connect. I use to have a mullet. But I just love domestics....blah blah
I'm going to own a McLaren LM. Someone change my name to McLarenFanaticYO.
If I am such the tool than which one shall I be? I hope mommy's not looking for a new vibrator tool to play with.
If you want to flame, I suggest connecting your sentences and make them more understandable.
Also, I hate to speak the truth, but I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it doesn't make you happy.

I'd also suggest you find a hobby since you have nothing better to do but to pick on my name handle. Maybe I should change my name to domestic_lover so you can get off my sack?

have a nice day - btw, Nissans rule and domestics fall apart, especially neons.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:44 PM
D'oh

Originally posted by FinalTA
Go sit in and drive the new GTO when it hits dealerships this fall. You will be pleasantly surprised. The fit and finish is awesome for a GM car. The same applies for the new Grand Prix...
Yeah, I've seen pictures of the new GP, and it looks like a significant improvement over previous GM stuff.

So now they just gotta make a sports car version...that is 20K less expensive than the vette.

-D'oh!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:50 AM
281cobra

Originally posted by FinalTA
How many POS E46 motors have popped now anyway
Ask and ye shell receive: http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm
Old 06-01-2003, 12:26 PM
e46fanatic

Read carefully, October 2001-February2002 for e46 M3's. Okay, so I guess e46's, the number #1 compact-sport/luxury vehicle are all POS's due to that... lol domestic vehicles are all over German engineering, yeah right.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:43 AM
FinalTA

Wow...that's quite a bit of info. Thanks for the link...
Old 06-02-2003, 06:03 AM
PoWeRtRiP

so what im wondering is if e46 really owns an m3 or not? He seems to have avoided the initial question. I really hate it when people talk about a car like its the best ever if they don't have any reliable first hand knowledge. I'm sorry man but your statement that it is #1 is based on someone elses opinion, in my opinion I think the Z is the best sport compact luxury car on the market. But im sure that a lot of people out there will disagree with me.