Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Raced another Mustang, better then the first

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 06:17 PM
joeshow750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a video of Darius running a Yamaha R1 from a stoplight and he's nearly dead even with it the whole way...
I've seen that video. When I saw the web page I thought he might have been the guy in the vid. I remember the sound of the 240 sucking air, and they did stay even.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:29 PM
zogan

Originally posted by joeshow750
I've seen that video. When I saw the web page I thought he might have been the guy in the vid. I remember the sound of the 240 sucking air, and they did stay even.
Got pics??/
Old 05-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Zboy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something not quite right here...

Originally posted by TRMach1
Nope, just pointing out the fact that you'll never see the front end of a Mach 1 as long as you drive that fugly, praying mantis, bug-eyed import from sushi land.
I am confused here. If you despise the Z, why exactly are you here?

Psychologically, it would seem that people who dont care much something, dont spend their time caring or worrying about it, or even bad-mouthing it.

I know there are domestic owners who come here to learn about car and it shows. And I respect them and their cars. Heck, I even learn from them. But from your words and statements you just come out as a jealous hater.

There are people who do care about aspects of car other than just staright line performance. If a Stang can slightly take a Z in straight line, it makes a Stang an exotic? IMHO, Z tops out in all other aspects, perfornmce and look wise, as well as reliability. All this with 2 cylinders less. Dont you think that its a little sad that a GT with 2 more cylinders can barely keep up with the Z in a staright line. And if it's not a straight line, then it's no contest with Z coming out on top in every aspect.

Like i said, jealousy.

For the record, I like good cars. If its a good car, I will say it. Doesnt matter if it's domestic or import. I like Corvette, Viper. I even like Cobra. Very good perfomance although less than 400 hp from a SC V8 is not very impressive. I like German cars such as E46, S4. And finally I like Japenese imports such as Evo, Sti, Supras, and of course the Z among many others. Just because some random Mustang owners come to this site and bad mouth the Z, will not change my mind about the Z being much better overall car than the Mustang. And for this reason, myself and lots of other z owners will not be found on Stang message boards bashing their cars. We dont care! I definately dont care!

Vast majority of EDUCATED people will take a Z over a Mustang. Get over it.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:19 PM
zogan

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something not quite right here...

Originally posted by Zboy

Psychologically, it would seem that people who dont care much something, dont spend their time caring or worrying about it, or even bad-mouthing it.

I know there are domestic owners who come here to learn about car and it shows. And I respect them and their cars. Heck, I even learn from them. But from your words and statements you just come out as a jealous hater.

There are people who do care about aspects of car other than just staright line performance. If a Stang can slightly take a Z in straight line, it makes a Stang an exotic? IMHO, Z tops out in all other aspects, perfornmce and look wise, as well as reliability. All this with 2 cylinders less. Dont you think that its a little sad that a GT with 2 more cylinders can barely keep up with the Z in a staright line. And if it's not a straight line, then it's no contest with Z coming out on top in every aspect.

Like i said, jealousy.

For the record, I like good cars. If its a good car, I will say it. Doesnt matter if it's domestic or import. I like Corvette, Viper. I even like Cobra. Very good perfomance although less than 400 hp from a SC V8 is not very impressive. I like German cars such as E46, S4. And finally I like Japenese imports such as Evo, Sti, Supras, and of course the Z among many others. Just because some random Mustang owners come to this site and bad mouth the Z, will not change my mind about the Z being much better overall car than the Mustang. And for this reason, myself and lots of other z owners will not be found on Stang message boards bashing their cars. We dont care! I definately dont care!

so tell us how you really feel
Old 05-11-2003, 08:27 PM
joeshow750

Got pics??/
I don't have pics, but I have the video. Any hosters?
Old 05-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Blown86GT

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something not quite right here...

Originally posted by Zboy

Like i said, jealousy.

Somehow I don't jealousy fits in the equation here. You like good cars...fine so do I. I too like Corvettes Vipers and even the Z. However, lets not confues the Mustang or the Z for that matter as an exotic. Better overall car? Subjective...some think flat out speed and acceleration are bench marks for a good car. Some consider reliablity and styling. A matter of opinion.

Quarter mile times not your cup of tea? Then why even view the racing forum? Obviously it means something to some of you. Can the Z peform better than the Mach 1 in other catagories? I'm sure it can. But the fact of the matter is this post is dealing with acceleration of two seperate types of cars and one is better than the other in that regard. Thats the simple trueth.

Educated people buy Zs? Educated people see the need for both cars and can understand why one would buy one or the other...not be blinded by brand or type loyalty.

Paul
Old 05-12-2003, 04:56 AM
Blown86GT

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Not unless your mustang runs low 10s bud....remember, that thing is A LOT lighter than an F-body with an LT1...I have a video of Darius running a Yamaha R1 from a stoplight and he's nearly dead even with it the whole way...
Not a problem....check this out......

http://blown408-86gt.corral.net/index.html

Paul
Old 05-12-2003, 05:07 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Blown86GT
Not a problem....check this out......

http://blown408-86gt.corral.net/index.html

Paul
ok...so how many 10 second passes do you have under your belt??
Old 05-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Zboy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something not quite right here...

Originally posted by Blown86GT
Somehow I don't jealousy fits in the equation here. You like good cars...fine so do I.
I wasnt referring to you. i was referring to the guy who i quoted and it's easy to read his intentions for coming here. Like i said, jealousy. If you reread my post again you will notice that I mentioned about other Mustang owners and how I learn from their posts. But it's tough to defend this guy.

I too like Corvettes Vipers and even the Z. However, lets not confues the Mustang or the Z for that matter as an exotic. Better overall car? Subjective...some think flat out speed and acceleration are bench marks for a good car. Some consider reliablity and styling. A matter of opinion.
No one should think Z is an exotic. Its not. However, in terms of delivering overall sports car performance, it comes close to a 50k car while doing it with a 30k or less price tag. Notice I said overall performnce, not just straight line accelaration. Even straight line is nothing to scoff at for a N/A V6.

Quarter mile times not your cup of tea? Then why even view the racing forum? Obviously it means something to some of you. Can the Z peform better than the Mach 1 in other catagories? I'm sure it can. But the fact of the matter is this post is dealing with acceleration of two seperate types of cars and one is better than the other in that regard. Thats the simple trueth.
Of course I look at quarter miles too. Just as much as I look at 0-60, braking performance, handling characterstics and other features. Too bad there isnt a forum on Handling or I would have been there just as much as I frequent this board. Or braking and so on.... Fact of the matter is this post *WAS* dealing with accelaration of two cars but some feel here to bad mouth other cars.

Educated people buy Zs? Educated people see the need for both cars and can understand why one would buy one or the other...not be blinded by brand or type loyalty.
Will have a hard time selling this one. I ,for one, am not blinded by brand names or care about loyalty. This is my first Nissan so brand loyalty hardly comes into play. If Nissan's quality drops to Ford's level. I will be the fist one to dump the Z and start shopping around. Hell, if Hyundai starts making cars with stronger and rigid bodies, excellent performance and delivers the 100k miles warranty, I would be all over it.

From my experiences on different car message boards, and from people who I talk to around town and meet, those who are looking to buy E46 M3, or Boxster, or S2000 look at Z as their option not a Mustang. Even those who look at Corvettes (from my experiences) , view Z as their secod option but would not even consider a Mustang. Does that mean a Z can out perform an E46 or vettes? Of course not! But in terms of delivering that 50k performance Z comes close to it, as does a S2k, all so while being reliable. But not a Mustang. Cobra does perfomance-wise , and I would consider a Cobra. But reputation of Ford and the lack of reliability of Ford products has always scared me away and scare away most people I know.

Last edited by Zboy; 05-12-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Silver Snake

Originally posted by Caswell
One last thing... bolt-on '03 Cobras are well beyond 11.9's. If you're willing to throw nitrous into the mix you should check out a guy that goes by the name of Nitrous Pete. He's well into the single digits, and I'm almost positive he's doing it on a stock internal engine.
Awww yes nitrous pete... With just bolt ons hes gotten up to 790rwhp. With a ken bell blower pushing about 20lbs of boost and a small 75 shot. But its a completely stock internal engine.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:04 PM
forpointsex

I have my 2002 mustang for 1.5 years and put over 45K miles on it. I have no problems with it. Remember that the same 4.6L engine lasts taxi's and police over 200K miles. I agree that fords 4 cylinders (Focus) and 6 cylinders (taurus) are P.O.S. Just because ford can't make reliable beaters does not mean it puts our crappy V8's.