Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Raced another Mustang, better then the first

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 04:14 PM
zogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced another Mustang, better then the first

I was cruizing down on a city street w/ no cars going about 40mph. A red GT/Mach1 pulled up next to me and rev his engine. He had his girlfreind in the car, I was riding Solo. We took off, he got the jump on me, I caught up and stayed even to about 90. We both waited for the light. We had "OK" launches, stayed even the whole way to about 110. He would edge up a little, then I would catch back up, VISE versa. It was two good runs, I couldn't tell if it was a mach 1 or GT, but it looked like it was different then at GT, and the hood scoop looked different as well. I think his car had a little bit more power then mine, b/c he had more traction problems then me. Oh, by the way, he didn't give me thumbs up, just turned right.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:18 PM
joeshow750

Did it look lowered at all? I think the Mach 1's have different suspension that lowers the car a bit?
Good race.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:20 PM
sukkoi19

Well it was probably a GT, but it could have been a auto Mach 1. They run about the same as the 350Z, then it again it could have just been a less than perfect driver in a stick Mach 1. Not that it matters as long as your having fun, good runs.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Caswell

Originally posted by sukkoi19
Well it was probably a GT, but it could have been a auto Mach 1. They run about the same as the 350Z, then it again it could have just been a less than perfect driver in a stick Mach 1. Not that it matters as long as your having fun, good runs.
Werd. Making the huge assumption that driver skill was pretty much equal, I'd say it was a GT or an auto Mach 1. Manual Mach 1's are LS1 territory, and we all know that if you take the driver out of the equation, LS1 > j00.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:47 PM
zogan

Originally posted by joeshow750
Did it look lowered at all? I think the Mach 1's have different suspension that lowers the car a bit?
Good race.

Couldn't tell if it was lowered.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:52 PM
zogan

Originally posted by sukkoi19
Well, I am not stock, but close to it. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't auto, I could tell by the way the guy was riding the clutch when we first started.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:52 PM
zogan

Originally posted by Caswell
Werd. Making the huge assumption that driver skill was pretty much equal, I'd say it was a GT or an auto Mach 1. Manual Mach 1's are LS1 territory, and we all know that if you take the driver out of the equation, LS1 > j00.
I thought the mach 1s only had 305 BHP.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

I would think a Z with intake/flowmaster exhaust would be a match for a MT Mach 1.. There was one at the track last week and he was running between 13.9@102 and 14.1@100 all night, and his driving skills I would imagine would be good concidering he said he runs his low 11 to high 10 second hand built chevelle on the semi-pro drag circuit.. He also menctioned his Mach 1 was bone stock with 5000 miles on it ..

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 05-04-2003 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:59 PM
zogan

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
I would think a Z with intake/flowmaster exhaust would be a match for a MT Mach 1.. There was one at the track last week and he was running between 13.9@102 and 14.1@100 all night, and his driving skills I would imagine would be good concidering he said he runs his low 11 to high 10 second hand built chevelle on the semi-pro drag circuit.. He also menctioned his Mach 1 was bone stock with 5000 miles on it ..
You never know, I think he had more power, about equal in skills, just an even race.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:34 PM
TRMach1

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
I got news for ya pal, if he was running those kinds of times, his skills suck wind. I can run 13.1's-13.2's @105-107 all night long.
Attached Thumbnails Raced another Mustang, better then the first-jimts3.jpg  
Old 05-04-2003, 07:37 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by TRMach1
I got news for ya pal, if he was running those kinds of times, his skills suck wind. I can run 13.1's-13.2's @105-107 all night long.
my trap OWNZ u....lol jk
nice time
Old 05-05-2003, 01:00 PM
buzzdsm

Yes but your not stock. You have the interior upgrade package!

Just kidding. That's fast stock.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:31 PM
TRMach1

Question Something not quite right here...

Something doesn't add up here. I've raced numerous Z cars (double-digits), from a roll, from a stop, I even went with one guy to a local road course where he claimed he was gonna kick my ***, I'll admit I gave up quite a bit in the corners but more than made up for it in the straights which resulted in me having lower overall lap times than the Z. Point is, I've NEVER had a 350Z pull on me or even get out in front of me on the street, or at the track. I see a post in this thread where a couple of guys are talking about running a 100-shot of nitrous on a 350Z and they're running times equal to my Mach 1's STOCK times, you do the math. That's why I don't believe this was a race against a Mach 1, a GT maybe.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:52 PM
EnthusiastZ

Default Re: Something not quite right here...

Something doesn't add up here. I've raced numerous Z cars (double-digits), from a roll, from a stop, I even went with one guy to a local road course where he claimed he was gonna kick my ***, I'll admit I gave up quite a bit in the corners but more than made up for it in the straights which resulted in me having lower overall lap times than the Z. Point is, I've NEVER had a 350Z pull on me or even get out in front of me on the street, or at the track. I see a post in this thread where a couple of guys are talking about running a 100-shot of nitrous on a 350Z and they're running times equal to my Mach 1's STOCK times, you do the math. That's why I don't believe this was a race against a Mach 1, a GT maybe.
From your two posts it sounds like you are hear to stir things up a bit. So a Mach1 is faster than a Z. Why doubt that is could have been a Mach1 and the driver just had undetermined skills. In all seriousness though, our VQ35s hp and tq numbers hold up pretty well for a V6 to your 4.6 32V V8. Imagine what a Z would run with a 32V V8 under the hood.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:50 PM
DrRick

zogan,

i got an idea for you. get that gs300 that you have and strap a huge single turbo to it. then you wont be hassling with mustangs and camaros. youll be looking for vettes and vipers. or you can sell it to me and the above scenario will be mine.......

Doc
Old 05-05-2003, 08:20 PM
zogan

Originally posted by DrRick
zogan,

i got an idea for you. get that gs300 that you have and strap a huge single turbo to it. then you wont be hassling with mustangs and camaros. youll be looking for vettes and vipers. or you can sell it to me and the above scenario will be mine.......

Doc
I think I have a new project on my way, I am looking at Z06 as we talk, if the guys drops his price, I will buy. Still don't know if I want to give up the Z and get it. I like the Z06's but vetts are too common. I know the Z06 is different, but still there is something about the Z that I don't want to give up, I gave up my last z32 for supra TT, and I still think I should of stuck with Z. I just don't know.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:23 PM
zogan

Default Re: Something not quite right here...

TRmullet1
I could really give two shlts if you believe me or not, I didn't post this story to impress anyone or gain your trust.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:03 AM
StackZfan

Default Re: Raced another Mustang, better then the first

Originally posted by zogan
Oh, by the way, he didn't give me thumbs up, just turned right.
That sux, I think you have to at least so some sort of mutual respect in an even race like that.

Good run Zogan.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:45 AM
S8ER95Z

Default Re: Re: Something not quite right here...

Originally posted by zogan
TRmullet1
I could really give two shlts if you believe me or not, I didn't post this story to impress anyone or gain your trust.
Well he isn't lying.. in fact Autos are capable of that time..yes FORD autos.. low 13s. With a 3:55 gear and plenty of power on tap the Mach1 is a fast car. Close to a second faster than the 350Z.. whats so hard to understand about that? Obviously there is reason to have doubt. If I claimed to beat a Z06 with my low 13 second car Im certain people would call BS on me.. and they would have good reason to. Good kill on the GT. If you missed the Shaker hood, rims, exhaust and badging... it was a GT.

They look different from the GT..BIG TIME. I don't understand how you can't tell...
Old 05-06-2003, 07:55 PM
zogan

Default Re: Re: Re: Something not quite right here...

Originally posted by S8ER95Z
Well he isn't lying.. in fact Autos are capable of that time..yes FORD autos.. low 13s. With a 3:55 gear and plenty of power on tap the Mach1 is a fast car. Close to a second faster than the 350Z.. whats so hard to understand about that? Obviously there is reason to have doubt. If I claimed to beat a Z06 with my low 13 second car Im certain people would call BS on me.. and they would have good reason to. Good kill on the GT. If you missed the Shaker hood, rims, exhaust and badging... it was a GT.

They look different from the GT..BIG TIME. I don't understand how you can't tell...
It looked different from the Gt, different hood, couldn't see the exhaust, it was clear. It had more power then the Z, I am not denying that. They all look the same to me unless I am looking at them, Just like the Z06, the only way I can tell its an Z06 is b/c of the brake coolers in the rear.

Quick Reply: Raced another Mustang, better then the first