Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

350z vs... RSX Type S

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Droppin_Gears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z vs... RSX Type S

Ok I own a 02 RSX Type S, while I love my car, I want to get into a slightly used 350z enthusiast, perhaps a base(really want the LSD, and HIDS are nice!!). Anyways I keep up with both cars, and well .... this guy is a little dillusional I think? I'm uncleben's over at clubrsx.com

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=80075

claims to pull 3 cars on 350z's on runs up to somewhere around 115+(Said he was in 5th gear in his RSX). Now he is modified, and runs 14.4 at 98, but still, it just isn't gonna happen unless he runs across some really bad drivers. 3 different driver's though, that are that bad? I think not.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:35 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the other way around... except maybe I put 5 - 6 on a TypeS at that speed.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:28 PM
rodH

Default Re: 350z vs... RSX Type S

Originally posted by Droppin_Gears
Ok I own a 02 RSX Type S, while I love my car, I want to get into a slightly used 350z enthusiast, perhaps a base(really want the LSD, and HIDS are nice!!). Anyways I keep up with both cars, and well .... this guy is a little dillusional I think? I'm uncleben's over at clubrsx.com

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=80075

claims to pull 3 cars on 350z's on runs up to somewhere around 115+(Said he was in 5th gear in his RSX). Now he is modified, and runs 14.4 at 98, but still, it just isn't gonna happen unless he runs across some really bad drivers. 3 different driver's though, that are that bad? I think not.
my lil bro has an RSX type S (pictured in the background), The author if FULL of it
Attached Thumbnails 350z vs... RSX Type S-grillmedium.jpg  
Old 05-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Jill

Wow, that's a big house back there!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Nealoc187

That guy's absolutely dreaming. A better indication of the "top end" of a car is the differential between the 1/8 mile speed and the 1/4 mile speed, i.e. the amount their speed increases in the last 1/8 mile of the track.

I searched the fastest times on clubRSX, edo, jdkindles, siracer, aznbeast, klutchrsx, dc5 RSX, etc. Those guys are the cream of the crop as far as 1/4 mile times go. The guy who posted his kill story is not. Those top 1/4 mile guys gain between 18 and 21mph in the end of the 1/4 mile (which is actually quite a big differential but oh well you'll see my point in a minute).

The quickest BONE STOCK 350Zs on this board gain between 20 and 23mph (this is for the 6spd.) In the last 1/4 mile they are gaining on average 2mph more than the heavily modded RSXs such as the ones I mentioned above are. That's just between 80 and 100mph approximately. The higher up they go, the worse it's going to get for the RSX. That guy is totally full of it, UNLESS he ran an auto Z, which I'm surprised no one mentioned yet.

In short, he's full of it.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:37 AM
POWERZ

Someone mentioned the auto possibility in the clubRSX thread. I'm actually MORE confident that an auto would beat him. It takes out the possiblility of driver error. Mash the gas and go!
Old 05-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Droppin_Gears

On the note of the difference between 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile speed, I consistently gain 20 mph. I only have a CAI- 14.8 @95, was going 75 at the 1/8th mile.

Another thing that I mentioned at clubrsx, was gear ratios, he claims they were both in 5th gear, yet the 350z has a 1:1 5th gear, and the RSX is at .9x(can get specifics if you wish), making 5th an overdrive gear in all actuality. Well considering the 350z is a little more aerodynamic than the RSX, and has a better 5th gear, I'd think that'd give it even more reason to pull on the top end.

The guy has cai, shorty header(nearly worthless on the rsx, race headers show nice gains-removes the cats, but shorties don't really do much, 3 whp or so), exhaust, hondata flash #4. Well the ecu flash is more about midrange than high end for the most part, although it raises the rev limiter from 8100, to 8600. Although after 7800 without the ITR intake manifold the car seems to lose power b/c it doesn't breathe well enough. The guy claims a 195 whp dyno, which is believable. Then he claims to keep up with his friends 224 Talon TSI. He also has 18 inch wheels, Konig Rythmns, which I'm almost positive weigh at least 2 pounds more than stock, now the weight will hurt you a little, but I think that the larger diameter might actually help a little-not sure here. He also claims to hang with 99+ Mustang GTs. I'm sure it could be within 2-3 cars, but with him being behind. Perhaps since he "puts 3 cars everytime" on the 350z as he claims, in his 5th gear, the 350z lifted off.

I love my car, while I want something a little nicer for a daily driver, I still love it and hate to see ******** like this, because it just makes the rest of us look bad.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:09 PM
POWERZ

Originally posted by Droppin_Gears
I love my car, while I want something a little nicer for a daily driver, I still love it and hate to see ******** like this, because it just makes the rest of us look bad.
I think the RSX-s is pretty well respected here. There are always people that think they have the fastest car on the road - even here.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Droppin_Gears

Well looked it up, 22.5 lbs for his Konig's... the stock RSX Type S wheels are 16.5 lbs. So, 6 lbs per corner of rotating weight.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:24 PM
mrrsx350z

Ok let say the RSX guy take off 1st and had make like 3-4 MPH early start it's going to be hard to catch up to that. Why do you think a lower hp car can keep up with a high hp car on the track. Let say on a turn some guy with the lower HP come out from the turn about 3 mph faster then the guy with the more HP. That guy still have to make up for those lose MPH and every time his speed increase the speed of the other car is increasing too. Keep in mine that the RSX have very high gearing and longer rev. That can factor into how well those Z driver drive. Because every time the Z shift it slow down little and the RSX driver still have his foot on the gas and shift less. I think it all depend how many MPH that rsx had on the Z 1st. Not to say that this story is ture. It just that it could happen. I too also have a rsx that currently run 14.09 @100 mph. The diffrent for my rsx and that guy rsx it that i got video and slip to prove my time and story. Love my Z but RSX can be as fast to but it's also modded. And it look almost stock as hell.
It can be a nice looking sleeper.

Here is a link of my RSX in action at the track.
http://home.attbi.com/~rsx5/snakersx14.wmv

And pic of my Z and RSX. sorry about the shity pic don't have a digtal camra yet.
Attached Thumbnails 350z vs... RSX Type S-rsxandz3-copy.jpg  
Old 05-09-2003, 04:46 PM
JonsilvZ

My brother drives a 00 Grand Am GT(stock). His friend drives a 02 Acura Rsx(type-s)manual stock. Driving stick for over 6yrs. They both race off the line. Surprising thing was they were neck and neck up to 75mph. I have a 5AT Touring Z and I raced my bros Grand Am. At full throttle I had like 4car lengths up to 60mph. We raced again but I was at half throttle. I pulled so hard on him to 80+ it was a joke.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:17 PM
mrrsx350z

stock vs stock no contest, but from his post it had to have been mod, stock rsx isn't really that fast stock, they run low 15 to high14 but keep in my the RSX i have is modded too. Also knowing how to drive a stick shift doesn't mean he a good racer. Racing and driving is a diffrent story. Also the RSX on the freeway really have better gearing for top speed. I even have a video of it my RSX racing the new evo 8. If you guy wanna see let me know. But yeah Z are fast but it' not the fastest thing on the street, that goes for M3,RSX, S2k and etc.. There is alway sometime faster example the e46. Just enjoy what you have, sometime you win sometime you lose!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Zmeflyby

i heard that hondata crap works really well on those rsx's.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:06 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
i heard that hondata crap works really well on those rsx's.
Hey it's so crappy, the proof is on the video I posted! Beware then, don't to be to cocky with your Z, you might lose to one of them hondata crap rsx! Think twice before you think it's a easy kill!

Here is another video if it racing a evo and s2k! Race for fun and some **** talking!
http://www.samuraifiles.com/vids/grudge_match_2.wmv
enjoy!

Last edited by mrrsx350z; 05-09-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by mrrsx350z
Hey it's so crappy, the proof is on the video I posted! Beware then, don't to be to cocky with your Z, you might lose to one of them hondata crap rsx! Think twice before you think it's a easy kill!

Here is another video if it racing a evo and s2k! Race for fun and some **** talking!
http://www.samuraifiles.com/vids/grudge_match_2.wmv
enjoy!

wtf???
i was just sayin that thing really increases the hp on those rsx's
dont take it the wrong way
Old 05-09-2003, 08:50 PM
mrrsx350z

understand, sorry for the confusion! my bad!
Old 05-09-2003, 10:26 PM
rodH

Originally posted by NosExhaustNos
This question is not directed toward the BS rsx driver, but to RodH. I have seen your posts many times. And i have only one question. What the hell does your dad do for a living? I mean i've seen your sl55/amg mercedes parked in the garage, and other cars, now the rsx type s, and your z. What else do you have? A big screen TV and a couple of butlers?
come on man, no props for my Wifes Jetta 1.8T??? or my dads G35 that he uses as his daily driver??

I am at home right now, until my place gets done, so I (and my wife and kids) are chillin til the end of the month, then we move.

in all HONESTY, my family isn't all that "well off" considering the nieghborhood we are in. I know it may seem hard to believe to some (as I will probably never EVER live in the homes 3/4 of the people live in up here either). Believe me, I have been frustrated, I had my last Civic for 10 years (I am 33) and I see kids all over hte place driving 3 series BMWs, porsche boxsters, RSX's, M3s, WRXs, etc....it is CRAZY, I finally got my "dream car" (daddy doesn't pay) in the Z (OK a 360 would be my absolute DREAM and the 996 would be my nexy step, BUT I am damn happy).

My family (dad especially) are HUGE car fans, so a lot of his money (relatively speaking) goes to his cars. Really we see MUCH better cars around here, a burnt orange Lambo Marcialago, Red 360 Modena, MANY 996 TTs, AMG and M cars etc...and compared to my Z, I am NOTHING.

the nice thing about my dad being a car fan is NOT that he buys my cars, because he doesn'T, BUt that I get to drive his various cars over the years. In some ways it motivated me to do well in school etc...BUT in other ways it was frustrating, (imagine driving and NSX then hoping into a Civic ), NOW I feel like my car has NOTHING to be embarrassed about, this car is AWESOME, even amounst other GREAT cars. This is the PERFECT solution for someone like myself who is a HUGE car fan, BUT isn't as independantly wealthy as others who drive 996s, and ferarris.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Inova

those rsx are fast *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel like i'm driving SCHOOL BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 11:25 PM
mrrsx350z

u bet they are! if you modded right they take mod very well just with an intake it get like 19.5 HP. But the Z is slightly faster! But for that one guy with the RSX, i think he's full of it. he claim 14.4 and no time or slip to prove it. So i call it bs. As for me i have video and slip. This is coming from a guy who own both car. So i can compare.

Last edited by mrrsx350z; 05-10-2003 at 12:01 AM.

Quick Reply: 350z vs... RSX Type S