Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

RSX-S ... no worries.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:52 PM
mrrsx350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rodH
this stament looks VERY similar to what I said or can say about "the Z only got beat by a 911TT performing Z06 on teh track in a test that included a 911 and M3, even though the 0-60, 1/4 and other times weren't as good, the track times were"

actually, I have 1 issue that shows the NSX beat by a 360, 550, vette, 911tt and some others. That said, teh NSX remains one of my favorite cars, to bad we don't sell that many

honda needs to get it together and make a ZO6 competitor at about $60k (although I would still rather have an NSX than a Z06, call me crazy even at teh current prices)
I would too, even though the Z06 is a bad *** car! But man, there are so many Z06 out on the street. It just look like another vett When i see a NSX all my hair stay up, that is one good looking car, old or new. What happen to your? I would die to just take one for a drive. It's in the same class as ferrari, I had a chance to driver my friend Nate 360 before he sold it and man i discover why they call them exotic car. You just get excited just to be sitting in it and to drive one is an amazing experience. If i had just a little more money, i would get myself a NSX because a ferrari is my reach for a while.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:02 PM
buzzdsm

Originally posted by mrrsx350z
Well ture but it's going to cost the rsx less to moddify. A price of one exhaust will cost like the price of three mod on the rsx-s. I agree if it was modded the same way, the Z will kill the rsx but will also cost twice as much to moddify. An example, the price of a turbo kit from gready for the z will cost around like 7-8k and give it close 350hp. The same price for the RSX will give the rsx-s close to 350hp. With less weight, now who do you think will win. Same modded same price. This is not stock vs stock anymore!
Like you said before the Z will crush the RSX-S but the rsx will cost less to moddify. Even if you bought a base model Z it will still cost much more to get the Z as fast as the rsx moddify. I love my Z and planning to try to keep stock looking well with a few mod like rim and kits. But i'm going to get a turbo kit for the RSX rather then the Z just because people would expect a RSX to be fast becuase Z and other car can rape it stock. It's a better sleeper car then my Z becuase the Z just look fast and it is, well for stock. But right now yeah a moddify Z will crush a RSX.

Here is a Stage II RSX Turbo Kit from
http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/

However proper stage II options include studs ,bolts, fmu ,piston, rods ,block guard and boost controller. 350whp at 17-20psi starts at $6595

Maybe I'm missing something here but if you give the owner of a Z $7K and the owner of an RSX $7K the Z is going to walk all over the RSX.

Now if you're talking total cost of the car plus modifications you would be right.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:07 PM
mrrsx350z

Ok let say both the owner when with a turbo kit that have the same HP out put for the same price. How is a Z going to kill a rsx when the rsx is lighter?

7k for the Z owner,twin turbo kit 350HP from greaddy
7k for the RSX owner, single turbo kit 350HP from cybernation

$1500 for 20 hour of labor, 75 buck each hour
$1350 for 18 hour of labor, 75 buck each hour

Z Weight around 3200lbs give or take
RSX weight around 2700lbs give or take

Which one will win?

close to the same price for both mod on both car. Info from diffrent website and form. This is not fact as of yet!

Last edited by mrrsx350z; 05-29-2003 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:31 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok let say both the owner when with a turbo kit that have the same HP out put for the same price. How is a Z going to kill a rsx when the rsx is lighter?

Which one will win?

close to the same price for both mod on both car. Info from diffrent website and form. This is not fact as of yet!
this is getting pretty out of control now, are we really comparing cars based on costs to modify them??? is so, I guess a RSX is a better car than a NSX (ever try and purchase an exhaust for those or a SC??) This is getting funny.

oh, back to the subject. the Z "COULD" win based on the fact that it is RWD and can put the power down and have MUCH more torque, this is just guessing about a stupid subject anyways.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:57 PM
buzzdsm

Which one will win?

One thing that people forget is that cars like the RSX have 200 hp but it's a very narrow power band. Same for the torque which is almost always lacking in Honda's.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Blue Liquid

Yeah, Best Moring Volume 6 has the Z kicking butt. Not only did the Z cream the Boxster, but every other car in the race did. It was so slow, the driver began to comment on how at least the interior of the Porsche was nice. That's how much time he had on his hands, he could take the time to comment about the interior while in a full-on race. In fact, it came in a full 8 secondes behind the Z, which took first, second went to the M3, and 3rd to the S2000. BTW, the Z had the second to worst power to weight ratio. Also, the latest Autoweek has the Z faster than the Boxster S through the slalom, and slower than the S2000 by 2 tenths of a second (46.9 mph for the Z, 47.1 for the Honda).
Old 05-29-2003, 06:41 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by rodH
this is getting pretty out of control now, are we really comparing cars based on costs to modify them??? is so, I guess a RSX is a better car than a NSX (ever try and purchase an exhaust for those or a SC??) This is getting funny.

oh, back to the subject. the Z "COULD" win based on the fact that it is RWD and can put the power down and have MUCH more torque, this is just guessing about a stupid subject anyways.
The posting is more like a question. I wanted to know that all, not comparing price of mod or car. Even tho both car have the same HP, the handling will be so diffrent. The Z will kill it on the turn. But give me a break down why if both car have the same HP, one is lighter can't be faster on straight line race. If it's TQ then why is a M3 faster then a Z and it weight more. The Z have more TQ then HP on the M3? I just wanna to understand! Thanks rodH!

O one more thing, no way a RSX is better then a NSX! I didn't say that! The NSX is one of my dream car to have in the future! Even if i had a moddify RSX that did 10sec, I would take the NSX, the RSX might be faster on the straight but can't hang with the NSX on any turn.

Last edited by mrrsx350z; 05-29-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:59 AM
BlkStang

Originally posted by Blue Liquid
I used to own a 2001 Type R. I raced my friend twice in his RSX-S and beat him both times, all the way into 4th gear. From 1st through 4th, each gear I pulled farther and farther. After test driving the Z, I can tell you it is much faster than my R was. Therefore, based on my own experiences, I would have to say the Z will simply walk away from the RSX (equal drivers, of course).
I see you has your ITR stolen, that happened to a guy here also. Yellow 2000 I think, maybe even a 2001 like yours. Right out of his driveway and this is a small town. They found it near NYC totally gutted, nothing left! He bought another one though, one of the last they made I guess in black and debadged it and put different rims on it. I think it must have ben some college kids from downstate that saw it driving around. Hard to miss with it being bright yellow....I HATE thieves!!