Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

In defense of myself!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Lokeey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In defense of myself!!!

It's my fault, and I am sorry. I was just trying to have a little fun with a couple of the time slips and I had every intention of fessing up towards the end.I just got found out a little quicker then I thought I would

My wife was the good one in this....she told me not to do it but the flamer side of me took hold. So I beat it down (the flamer) and shoved it back into the basement, locked the door and threw away the key.. ( actually I got an earful from her about it..LOL )

But on a lighter side everything else was (in all honosty) the truth except the fbod kills.

So now I have a question.....what is the contributing factors in the 60 FT....why so slow. Cause I was dusting the same Mustang Gt's all night. On all my slips only 2 had 60 FT of 2.1 or less and that was a Prelude Spraying a 100 shot and the Shadow...(I thought it was a duster but I still think they are the same) with a wicked turbo.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Not trying to judge here, and I didn't read all of your other thread, but it kinda killed your credibility starting something like that.

On the other hand, it is pretty cool of you to openly apologize and tell the truth.

Good luck racing in the future.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:35 PM
sukkoi19

60 ft is always dictated by available power and traction. You can make all the HP in the world, and blow the tires off in the launch, resulting in a dismal 60'.

A stock 99+ Mustang GT properly driven with stock rubber should be able to pull a 1.9 60', my 95 GT bone stock pulled a 1.96 on the stock Firestone Firehawk 225/55/ZR16s. An LS1 F-body should also be capable of the same on the stock rubber, although it is more difficult to attain, my personal best is a 1.98, although I have never duplicated it. When IRS is involved it seems that wheel hop becomes the prevalent hold up to good 60' times. The best Ive seen in a 350Z so far is 2.0X. I dont know if anybody has aftermarket traction aids for the 350Z yet, but when they come out I would suggest you invest.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:58 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: In defense of myself!!!

Originally posted by Lokeey
But on a lighter side everything else was (in all honosty) the truth except the fbod kills.
Ugh. Please don't do this kind of thing again. It makes people like me who post...good kill! look like an ***. You lose all credibility and you make all of us Z owners look like punks.

I actually beat a LS1 but because of all of the posts, I've never been certain if was badged or what. Posts like yours do not help.

Next time, listen to your wife.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Lokeey

I did notice some wheel hop but I thought I caught traction pretty quick afterwards. Can the track be a contributing factor cause not alot of people were getting 2.0 60's. Also how far after the tree does the 60 ft start or is it at the starting line that it starts?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Lokeey

Default Re: Re: In defense of myself!!!

Originally posted by hfm
Ugh. Please don't do this kind of thing again. It makes people like me who post...good kill! look like an ***. You lose all credibility and you make all of us Z owners look like punks.

I actually beat a LS1 but because of all of the posts, I've never been certain if was badged or what. Posts like yours do not help.

Next time, listen to your wife.

Yes, I know....the wifey is my better half though...lol and even I have said that I pulled away from a A4 z28..(she was in the car with me) but still I got called b.s. (from a dig he did eat me up though).
Old 06-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Mr Payne

Don't worry. I never actually believed you.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:37 PM
JamRWS6

I am normally a very forgivig person but it ticks me off a little that you sat there and ARGUED with me about it.
Not a good joke and with very bad execution.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Lokeey

Originally posted by Mr Payne
Don't worry. I never actually believed you.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Lokeey

Originally posted by JamRWS6
I am normally a very forgivig person but it ticks me off a little that you sat there and ARGUED with me about it.
Not a good joke and with very bad execution.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lokeey
Don't give the frown for somethign you did. Take this as an experience and chalk it up - you were pretty adament about something that was a complete lie. I locked your other thread, I'm locking this one too.