Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

VQ35 ITB Pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1

Im done with this thread, I will let the ITbs do the talking when the time comes around to shutup the doubters/haters
Yahtzeeeeeeeeeeee!! Thats all we want!!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Wow your such a BIG BOY maybe you failed Middle school (failed at reading? , I dont own a Z )and since I dont post on every mod or everything about my Maxima , If you like an updated on my buildup then go to the maximas site.

My tranny is shot , thus just having sold my s14 to get money to fix the tranny. Times is hard so excuse me if i dont have 20Gs to dump into a ITB/Turbo/ Tranny setup for my car right now esp the way the ecomonmy is ****ed up.

Most Z guys down here in Florida like to stick toghter so its hard to reach out to Z owners like Maxima owners. When you even try to appoarch them at the local meets they like to brush you away unless I own a Z or If I was a Pamala Anderson.
I guess you guys are usually high and mighty because you own a rwd VQ. I see post about ITBs but no one seems serious enough to try it out. I see guys dumping 3gs on Works wheels another 2gs in suspension. So I know you guys are out there with the funds to do it. Just scared it to try it.

You want more proof of this setup , give Mack a few months since hes working on something. I can go over there and snap more pics of the box if you like. But since we dont have access to a Z or G (hood clearence) how do you suppose we get a dyno ? from my *** ? or should I slap on a ITBS on a FWD VQ35 and dyno it ? only to get thrashed by you Z guys ( its a FWD ) or the ever so comments of " why would you boosted a FWD ? " or " Why waste your time ?"

As for the friend with the VQswap A32 , hes on a differnt route.

Did I target my remarks at you Z1 ?

You seem to want to get personal with me ? My statement is clear to get someone to come down to the shop and have it *TEST FITTED * for this setup.

In anycase its not in my hands its in Macks.

im sorry to have bother the high and mighty Z1 guy , I must have gotten my message out and push your buttons since it tickle your panties to respond back your remarks towards me

Now maybe if I didnt own 2 mortgages and 3 other cars and bills/payments I would have more money saved and invested and done by now. Not to mention finding a 6spd to swap into the A34

Im done with this thread, I will let the ITbs do the talking when the time comes around to shutup the doubters/haters

Sorry to hear about your car and hope you get it solved quickly. My point was that many months ago, you stated your friend was getting the Jenvey kit installed on the car and clearly made it out to be that it was only a matter of days away from completion and pics forthcoming. Since that time, absolutely no details have been forthcoming from any part involved. No big deal to me, as things come up for everyone. Yet at the same time, you chastize members here for not "stepping up the plate" when there have been minimal details posted about the product in the first place...including that lack of details that you were supposed to furnish on your friends setup 5 months ago. But remember, you made the post about the car being near completion, not any of us. All we were hoping for was even a tiny amount of info as a result of having one completed VQ. From the sounds of it, they don't have that yet, which is too bad. I don't think anyone here would have cared if it was tried out on a Maxima first, if that is what you guys had access to. At least we would have seen something. From the results provided there, it would have been far easier for you to secure a Z for testing, etc as well.

I could care less how much money you have, or don't have...it's none of my business. Cars are a hobby for all of us, and we all have different priorities at different times. At the same time, you seem to be very quick to suggest that Z owners should be stepping up to buy a product that they know next to nothing about, because the people responsible for selling it and marketing it have provided next to no information. Your point about people dropping big money on wheels and coilovers is a bit inaccurate though. When people buy such an item, they can get finite details about it. Will it work with TPS sensors, what does it weigh, what are the offsets, what are the colors. All that info is available from the get go 9 times out of 10. Why? Because its basic info that manufacturers and distributors know, or should know, they are going to be asked. There is a ton of competition out there for people's dollars in the world of the aftermarket. I don't think it's any secret that well thoght out, properly presented information leads to sales, plain and simple.

You're right, finding a donor car to try it out on should not be hard at all. There certainly is no shortage of Z's down in Florida, and some very, very basic research on this site alone could have yielded you several donor cars. I'm up here in NY, and fully capable of trying the setup out for myself, but ultimately did not. Really too bad too, as I would have preferred to start with a known entity vs doing the custom route I went, but again, with this kit you really don't know what you're getting into and that's a big unknown to ask someone to step into. I know why I didn't buy it and it was for the very simple reasons I stated. I suspect those are some of the same reasons no one else has stepped up the plate to give it a try either. The fact of the matter is that the kit was announced in December (and around before that), and here it is August, and we all know exactly the same as we did in December. We all understand that in that time alot can happen...shops move, people get caught up in other projects, etc. All the more reason why it might have been premature to announce the kit in the first place...especially when you can't even rely on the manufacturer to provide information in lieu of the distributor. That type of "intro" doesn't build excitement, nor does it build alot of confidence, which I think is pretty important when you're talking about such a product. I know it didn't in my case, and that is precisely why I went off and did my own thing, as I told Neil when I last discussed buying the kit with him back in the spring. Here we are 6 years after the Z was introduced and there are new turbo kits coming out (Powerlab comes to mind) that seem to be selling quite well from what I've read (we don't sell them), and when it's said and done, cost alot more than an ITB setup. Why do you think that is? Rather than rub two sticks together in hopes of making a spark, these companies themselves stepped up the plate, did the R&D before hand, provided all the specs, dynos, and info anyone could ask for, and had that info at the ready when they announced the launch of the product. I agree it takes some pioneers to try new things...but it also takes the support of the people making and marketing the product too. When those basic, key components are lacking, you end up with what we have here....a ballon that had the air let out of it.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 08-08-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
This thread sucks. This has been discussed so much before...

First... clearance issues...
Second... Z's are DBW... How will they implement DBW into their TBs?
Third... If this is to be driven on the street, what about air filtration?
Fourth... Is it even really worth it?
1st ... Check Attachment
2nd... Not needed with a Haltech or similiar
3rd... Not difficult
4th... Probably not, but for an all out NA race motor just about essential to get that last bit

Yes there are ITB's under that cover, there the same ones that Mack,s got for sale
Attached Thumbnails VQ35 ITB Pic-dscn0819.jpg  

Last edited by Nathan; 08-07-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

a pic I had seen similar to that is what prompted me to ask them the clearance question in the first place, since that engine sits lower than a stock one does
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 AM
FAIRLADYZ_MANnE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

solid motor mounts would lower our engines? wouldnt they,
anyway.

ITBS will happen if there is demand for it.
If it was just as easy to squeeze out 50% the amount of power
vq's get from from boost. then i think more people would give it a chance.

Look our choice and what we want will only come out if we want it too.
If we dont. ( closing this thread )
and killing all furture ITBs threads.
then we can conclude that it will never happen
However, if we embrace it
then maybe it might happen.

pay attention to the "what could" and not what is
Old 08-09-2008, 01:35 PM
OCG35
Banned

my guess is - it will never happen.

Its been talked about (elsewhere) so many times...

Its just not gonna happen.

IBTL
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Ivory

your guess would be dead wrong.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When is your project going to be done Ivory??
Old 08-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Ivory

By September, because any later would hinder the other plans.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:01 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Ivory
your guess would be dead wrong.
it's 100% accurate until proven otherwise.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:12 PM
FAIRLADYZ_MANnE

lol true so make it happen sooner or tell us if it fails
Old 08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Ivory

Originally Posted by OCG35
it's 100% accurate until proven otherwise.
That's about as useful as saying the world will freeze over next year until proven otherwise.

No one needs to prove anything to you as if any of us are subject to your judgment and whether or not it makes you happy.

I have a build going and it will get done and I'll post results when I feel like it or you can read it in a magazine like everyone else.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Ivory
That's about as useful as saying the world will freeze over next year until proven otherwise.

No one needs to prove anything to you as if any of us are subject to your judgment and whether or not it makes you happy.

I have a build going and it will get done and I'll post results when I feel like it or you can read it in a magazine like everyone else.
fun.

When you've done whats been talked about for eons we'll all sing for joy.

Untill then... its the same ol "NOTHING".

BTW, your analogy makes absolutely no sense… “The world freezing over” is something that would have to be PROVEN. The fact that it HASN’T frozen over (at least in the last sacral thousand years) is indisputable,

So, why would you tell me I have to prove that your pipe dream won’t work? Its already been proven by the fact that it hasn’t.

Now go about your way and make the world freeze over… When you have something concrete to add other than what I have stated, your post will be viable.

Last edited by OCG35; 08-09-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OCG35
my guess is - it will never happen.

Its been talked about (elsewhere) so many times...

Its just not gonna happen.

IBTL
I assure you, your guess is 100% incorrect.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 08-10-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FAIRLADYZ_MANnE
solid motor mounts would lower our engines? wouldnt they,
anyway.

ITBS will happen if there is demand for it.
If it was just as easy to squeeze out 50% the amount of power
vq's get from from boost. then i think more people would give it a chance.

Look our choice and what we want will only come out if we want it too.
If we dont. ( closing this thread )
and killing all furture ITBs threads.
then we can conclude that it will never happen
However, if we embrace it
then maybe it might happen.

pay attention to the "what could" and not what is
solid motor mounts have no affect on it fitting or not...adjustable mounts would be needed, but even still, that engine is sitting considerably lower than I think even an adjustable mount can get you and still have it be safe, fit with stock lower cross member and the ground. A few cars I am aware of that have these have dry sump systems and sit approx. 1.5 inches lower than stock. And then of course you have to adjust everything else that connects to the engine to suit (trans, driveshaft, rear) - all in all, it aint that easy to do
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Ivory

All I can say is that OC sun has cooked your head for too long.

The statement I made meant whatever you said was absolutely useless because it has no bearing on the current progress of things, because you know of nothing, and to make statements about what you don't know is about as useful as making statements about the end of the world, because no one knows about that either.

Must I reiterate that none of us have anything to prove to you about what's already happening, but I chose to respond because anything you post thus far have zero contribution to the thread at hand.

Keep saying it'll happen won't make it happen, but reverse is true, so unless you have something useful to say, please save the thread space.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:30 AM
OCG35
Banned

^^^ saying "it will happen" is just as futile.

My only point is that the topic of ITB has been out here (and on other sites) for quite a while... it hasn’t happened and until it does there really isn’t anything there.

So why not wait until you've done the project and post up all that it encompasses... until then it’s just more of the same that it’s always been.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Colin_S

I'm seriously thinking about this guys. Being based in the UK and having dealt with Jenvey on another couple of cars i am in a good position to try it. My tuner has fitted countless Jenvey kits the the Mapper has mapped a multitude of different cars using stand alone management.

1 - Clearance issues i'm a bit concerned about but maybe a 07 hood will help.
2 - Converting to drive by cable is not hard, actually done it before on another car.
3 - Filtration is not hard but an airbox is more difficult but hopefully have that sorted
4 - Is it worth it?, well that's the stage i'm at and as Adam said it's a leap of faith and i'm not too sure. It would be excellent to be the first to have this done.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Leppardized99

I think Ivory will bust out with something pretty interesting. Why start with the ad hominem attacks just cause he hasn't posted every last detail of his person project?

ITB's can be done, its only a matter of time and $$$. As for clearance issues how about a taller hood? That seems like a simple fix.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Colin_S
I'm seriously thinking about this guys. Being based in the UK and having dealt with Jenvey on another couple of cars i am in a good position to try it. My tuner has fitted countless Jenvey kits the the Mapper has mapped a multitude of different cars using stand alone management.

1 - Clearance issues i'm a bit concerned about but maybe a 07 hood will help.
2 - Converting to drive by cable is not hard, actually done it before on another car.
3 - Filtration is not hard but an airbox is more difficult but hopefully have that sorted
4 - Is it worth it?, well that's the stage i'm at and as Adam said it's a leap of faith and i'm not too sure. It would be excellent to be the first to have this done.
the clearance issue is dependant on several factors - I don't think the hood will be your big limitation, I think the design of the trumpets will be

Colin - trust me when I say this - wait - patience is a virtue

Quick Reply: VQ35 ITB Pic