Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

300 whp with full bolt ons+cams?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Mcutali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re dynos

i figured id chime in since everyone is using mustang dynos and such, i dyno'd on a dyno-mite. never got to dyno it stock. but with nismo short ram,ams crank pulley,5/16 spacer, headers,test pipes, catback,jwt clutch kit, jwt flywheel it put down 253whp/239 tq. next time i went to the dyno i added a thermal gasket/spacer on the lower collector, and we put utec in and tuned the car, put down 286whp/ 250 tq shows 33hp 11 ft lbs tq gain. ive seen a stock z in town race a same year z with exhaust, 5/16,jwt pop charger, and the stock z takes him by a car everytime..everyone says freak motor.. any opinions?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Mcutali

Default ops

Originally Posted by Mcutali
i figured id chime in since everyone is using mustang dynos and such, i dyno'd on a dyno-mite. never got to dyno it stock. but with nismo short ram,ams crank pulley,5/16 spacer, headers,test pipes, catback,jwt clutch kit, jwt flywheel it put down 253whp/239 tq. next time i went to the dyno i added a thermal gasket/spacer on the lower collector, and we put utec in and tuned the car, put down 286whp/ 250 tq shows 33hp 11 ft lbs tq gain. ive seen a stock z in town race a same year z with exhaust, 5/16,jwt pop charger, and the stock z takes him by a car everytime..everyone says freak motor.. any opinions?
i failed to mention i ported and polished my upper and lower intake manifold. but seeing that the last post here was 2009 dont think it matters..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
PlatinumSR20

In some cases, if you don't tune your car, you can lose hp compared to stock. The stock computer can't respond to the added mods and over compensates by adding to much fuel. The car ends up running too rich. I've seen this happen.

Also, could be a driver mod...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

... ive seen a stock z in town race a same year z with exhaust, 5/16,jwt pop charger, and the stock z takes him by a car everytime..everyone says freak motor.. any opinions?
You never know what's stock and what's not. Owner could hustling you or may not know his motor is mod'ed (if he is a second owner). Could be the mod'ed Z that gets tapped everytime is on its last leg and is low on compression... too many possiblities.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:17 AM
tepidy

You definately can hit 300 whp with the right mods and tune. I just had my NA 350Z dyno tuned on the mustang and I made 291 whp. the Mustang dyno is always lower than the dynojet. My car on the dynojet would make 300 whp easy
Old 06-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tepidy
You definately can hit 300 whp with the right mods and tune. I just had my NA 350Z dyno tuned on the mustang and I made 291 whp. the Mustang dyno is always lower than the dynojet. My car on the dynojet would make 300 whp easy
There are no absolutes when comparing dynos. Mustangs dont always read lower. It all depends on how the dyno is set up. The dyno you use happens to be known to be optimistic. But it doesnt matter. That is why the final # is meaningless - the only important value is the gain % of before vs after. If you're that curious to know how your particular result figures on 1 dynojet there is one in Bayshore you can take it to (Mustang Magic). But it will only compare those 2 dynos it's not a representation of all Mustang Dynos to all Dynojets. Rather than getting hung up on the # since it's not an absolute, just enjoy the car
Old 06-12-2011, 07:26 AM
tepidy

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
There are no absolutes when comparing dynos. Mustangs dont always read lower. It all depends on how the dyno is set up. The dyno you use happens to be known to be optimistic. But it doesnt matter. That is why the final # is meaningless - the only important value is the gain % of before vs after. If you're that curious to know how your particular result figures on 1 dynojet there is one in Bayshore you can take it to (Mustang Magic). But it will only compare those 2 dynos it's not a representation of all Mustang Dynos to all Dynojets. Rather than getting hung up on the # since it's not an absolute, just enjoy the car
No doubt brother
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 PM
the_coupe

Lets see how close my build gets
Old 06-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
meh i think 300whp is the benchmark for most na builds. all that money they put in and they want to see 300, doesnt matter if it's a high reading dyno...they just want to see the number 300

dont blame them for having that # goal
Old 07-29-2011, 01:13 PM
KhanMan

Would 270 whp be more plausible for an NA setup, or no?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:47 PM
snobes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

270 is quite attainable. But remember as always do your research before buying
Old 06-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Jamesz33

At the moment I have 269 whp with just, megan headers, megan testpipes, agency power catback, kinetix V plenum, aem intake and osiris tuner so yes its posible
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

you do know that nobody has replied to this thread in 3 years, right?