Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

LS2 350Z begins..

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Thanks for the history lesson.. but he has been around VQ's longer than you can remember.. he has been a member of the maxima forum for years.. when we were playing with VQ's nissan didn't even dream of making a 3.5L for the VQ .. so your history lesson means nothing to him
You're making a lot of assumptions regarding what knowledge you think I know about the VQ platform and it's history. As far as you know I could have been a co-inventor of the damn thing. Hell as far as you know I could be old enough to be you father Doug. I have owned an modded both VG's and VQ's in my lifetime for your information. I started modding my first V series motor back in 1992 with my Nissan 300zxTT and a former member of twinturbo.net. I currently own 2 VQ platform cars but since you know me so well I sure you knew that already.
Doug you've been on this forum for a long time now and I've followed a lot of your threads and found them to be very knowledgeable and informative. This is the first time I've ever been shocked by something you've posted unsupported by fact. Very disappointed.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by warmmilk
good to see you paraphrasing from top gear...
Actually those are my own words. The knowledge gained from years of experience and reading. If I were to word it any other way wouldn't make it less true. Fact are facts no matter who says it right?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Havok_RLS2

Fellas. How did we get here? It's almost like we look for reasons to utterly destroy a thread every time to opportunity arises to bash one another. It's starting to make the forum boring and we're beginning to sound like children myself included. It's really a shame.

It doesn't really matter what kind of person the OP is or why he was banned. Thats a matter between hi and the forum admins, but what I do know is that this thread was properly placed in the correct section covering "NA Builds". It didn't say "NA Builds for VQ only" or "NA Builds for people who lack imagination". This is indeed a NA build that just so happens to be build on another stronger platform.
I'm sure that the OP had a target power goal in mind when he set out to do this build and realized that it would be both too costly and unreliable to meet those goals with the VQ engine. I challenge anyone to show me one daily driver NA VQ35 in the 450+ hp range with over 60,000 miles on it. Good luck! I'll do one better. Show me one NA VQ35 making 450+ hp that cost less that $20,000. Again. Good Luck.
For all it's greatness the VQ35 has been balancing on the very edge of it's own power potential. Nissan has used this platform in just about all it's vehicles since 2000 to current not because it was the best engine they could build but because it's more cost effective for the company for build one motor that could be used on multiple platform (vehicles) with very subtle variations. This is one of the reasons why the 350z didn't come turbo charged in the first place. It's a factor of cost and reliability at the sacrifice of real performance.
Even Nissan knew this much with their GT500 race cars when they swapped out the twin turbo charged VQ30DE for a 4.5L V8. I wonder why they didn't just turbo the VQ35 and be done with it? Hmmmmm...
Now since Noah and Hinson first proved that it could be done by swapping a LSX motor into a Z and has proven it was more than reliable and has proven that one could make over 500+ wheel hp with simple bolt-on parts I'm missing the point as to how this is anything but brilliant. My current build will cost me thousands less than a completed twin turbo kit + build motors to support it. My last build with a turbonetics kit cost me well over 12K after all the supporting mods without a build motor. My LS2 build is costing me less than 15K 400hp and almost nothing done to it and it'll be reliable as a daily driver.
If you do a simple search I'm sure you will find a thread of a list of the people that went FI and then went boom. It's a scary thread but it's a fact of life for those guys and me. If I had the chance to do it all again I would have just gone this route. However this option wasn't even conceivable 4 years ago. Live and learn.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 AM
maxspeed96ct

any car with a 150 shot will be fast. Even a stock Z would be beast if juiced that much..

The car isnt all that.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
You're making a lot of assumptions regarding what knowledge you think I know about the VQ platform and it's history. As far as you know I could have been a co-inventor of the damn thing. Hell as far as you know I could be old enough to be you father Doug. I have owned an modded both VG's and VQ's in my lifetime for your information. I started modding my first V series motor back in 1992 with my Nissan 300zxTT and a former member of twinturbo.net. I currently own 2 VQ platform cars but since you know me so well I sure you knew that already.
Doug you've been on this forum for a long time now and I've followed a lot of your threads and found them to be very knowledgeable and informative. This is the first time I've ever been shocked by something you've posted unsupported by fact. Very disappointed.
well i appologize for the assumption, however arn't you also assuming his VQ knowledge? You're right i didn't know your VQ knowledge and it was a bad assumption on my part, however i know alot of VQ experts here knowledge started after the 350z .. alot people here really never took interest in the maxima or the VQ prior to that and i know he had experience with the VQ from the days of the maxima.. and if i'm wrong again i appologize
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 AM
doug

Originally Posted by ttuberz
But you laughed at my original comment bc you don't think his car is faster than yours. I make a little joke like the Truth commercials for tobacco and you get your panties up in a bunch. You are right. I have never seen your car. Ive seen a lot of z's in person but never yours. What's going on with your car? does it even run? you talk about it like it has over 1k hp and is invincible. did you ever get new wheels after your others got stolen? i know you have one but I personally have never seen it run or race against anyone. Maybe you don't do that and maybe you are not one to flaunt all the "power" your car has, but I find it IRONIC that you talk all this sheit always yet no one gets a chance to "run" your car. I would love to see you race mark in your supercar doug since you know it so well. I don't have a problem with you nor do I care how fast you say your car is. Why can't you just accept that someone else has a fast car too without it being a joke to you? From the pictures I have seen of your car, it looks beat up to ****, with a horrendous front bumper with stolen wheels that had fitment like poop. A new paint job couldn't save it. But you are all about power so cosmetic sheit doesn't bother you and thats cool. But don't talk about your car like its all that bc its not.
wow you're really swing from his nuts arn't you... yes my car runs.. runs very well thank you.. yes it has wheels on it.. i drive it to work everyday

i laughed at your joke and the irony of it is that the same thing your getting upset over is the same thing i laughed at.. I never said my car was the fastest, however i find it funny you come on here telling the world how fast his car is and you have no idea whats done to anyone elses. I'm not going to jump up and say my car is the fastest 350z in CT, because i don't even know what other 350z's in CT have.. its impossible to know and to make a stupid statement/joke like yours would be ignorant and moronic.. especially when its not even your own car

I posted pictures of my car with the wheels stollen because i don't care.. if thats what you're basing my car's looks off then your just being silly again

oh BTW.. here is a phrase i loved from SupraForums

"Run your car, not your Mouth"

we all would love to hear what your car does.. not what your buddies car does

as far as my "horrendous" front bumper its one of the best looking bumpers on this forum

Old 09-02-2009, 05:06 AM
ttuberz
Banned

^ I know my cars not fast. I didn't start a thread saying oh I have a friend with a ls2 350z that you guys should race. He got banned and I updated ppl on whats going on with his car and made a joke. To you that joke was funny bc you don't think its faster than yours. It's fine though. Really doesn't matter. Glad you got new wheels on it. We both know that the "horrendous" front bumper isn't the v2. You switched front bumpers so don't play stupid. This one however does look good.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:17 AM
doug

yeah the tourenn bumper looked like ****, but i was the first one with it and there was really no way to tell what it would look like.. its gone.. the nismo is here.. yayyy..

I could have never said my car is faster than his as i know the potential of the LS2 and where it can go.. HOWEVER you can't blindly say that his is faster than anything else because quite frankly you don't know whats done to anyone elses car.. you made a joke.. i said 'i find that funny' and then you went off the deep end.. if it was a joke and i said i find it funny what am i missing here? BTW the last time you and Ed claimed this thing was the fastest thing on the planet it only had 350whp .. wether or not he has 350whp now or not is laughable in comparison to my car.. i wouldn't even downshift from 6th on the highway if i was racing a car with 350whp .. anyway.. i don't know what he has now.. he doesn't know what i have now.. so the argument over who's car is faster is really pointless

Last edited by doug; 09-02-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:51 PM
ttuberz
Banned

yeah the tourenn bumper looked like ****, but i was the first one with it and there was really no way to tell what it would look like.. its gone.. the nismo is here.. yayyy..

I could have never said my car is faster than his as i know the potential of the LS2 and where it can go.. HOWEVER you can't blindly say that his is faster than anything else because quite frankly you don't know whats done to anyone elses car.. you made a joke.. i said 'i find that funny' and then you went off the deep end.. if it was a joke and i said i find it funny what am i missing here? BTW the last time you and Ed claimed this thing was the fastest thing on the planet it only had 350whp .. wether or not he has 350whp now or not is laughable in comparison to my car.. i wouldn't even downshift from 6th on the highway if i was racing a car with 350whp .. anyway.. i don't know what he has now.. he doesn't know what i have now.. so the argument over who's car is faster is really pointless
he still has 350whp which is why he ran a 11.3 on stock tires and 75 shot today at lebanon

edit: the 350whp is obv a joke for anyone who doesn't understand my sarcasm.

Last edited by ttuberz; 09-02-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:10 AM
maxspeed96ct

^ I know my cars not fast. I didn't start a thread saying oh I have a friend with a ls2 350z that you guys should race. He got banned and I updated ppl on whats going on with his car and made a joke. To you that joke was funny bc you don't think its faster than yours. It's fine though. Really doesn't matter. Glad you got new wheels on it. We both know that the "horrendous" front bumper isn't the v2. You switched front bumpers so don't play stupid. This one however does look good.
bottom line is your 350z is slow so stop your trash talking for your buddie and get off his dick. No one realy cares, and when I read about him buring ppl for thier hard earnerd money it just makes my blood boil.. What a f-ing loser.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:51 AM
hunter6

another good thread ruined by hurt feelings
Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Citrus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he still has 350whp which is why he ran a 11.3 on stock tires and 75 shot today at lebanon
How nice of me to unintentionally sponsor an 11 second car. How about you tell Mark to man up and return the $$$ he owes me next time you see him.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Havok_RLS2

well i appologize for the assumption, however arn't you also assuming his VQ knowledge? You're right i didn't know your VQ knowledge and it was a bad assumption on my part, however i know alot of VQ experts here knowledge started after the 350z .. alot people here really never took interest in the maxima or the VQ prior to that and i know he had experience with the VQ from the days of the maxima.. and if i'm wrong again i appologize
No problem dude. Like I said before, You're one of the few guys on this forum that actually has good knowledge to share.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by hunter6
another good thread ruined by hurt feelings
Tell me about it.