Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Hi new owner from houston, tx

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
spf4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myzrox1216
For the rest of you, how can you be so harsh and cruel? Did you even know Timothy Pickle? He made a MISTAKE a split second decision to race. He had done it lots of times and nothing had ever happened so why would he assume that anything would happen this time???
After my initial comments, I decided to refrain from posting any further on this thread, but your post deserves a response.

No, we don't know this guy. But as you said it yourself, he's street raced many times. THIS IS THE FREAKING REASON YOU DON'T STREET RACE! How many news articles about the dangers of street racing, how many stories about accidents caused by street racing do you need to read before it sinks in?

Your friend is a complete moron, and he put your best friend's life in danger! You act like he's a saint. He did this to himself--and it was bound to happen, since, as you admitted, he's "done it lots of times".

I hope he eventually recovers to the point where he lives a relatively normal life, but no, he gets no sympathy from me.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 PM
myzrox1216

When did anyone get on here and ask for sympathy??? We all know what he did was dumb, but he did it I cant change that by saying it was dumb. Yes he put my best friend and himself in danger because he wasn't thinking. You've never made a mistake before? if you answer no youre a liar.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 PM
spf4000

When did anyone get on here and ask for sympathy??? We all know what he did was dumb, but he did it I cant change that by saying it was dumb. Yes he put my best friend and himself in danger because he wasn't thinking. You've never made a mistake before? if you answer no youre a liar.
Well, you were thanking all the people who gave warm wishes while ridiculing those that offered criticism. Are people not allowed to offere their opinion on a public forum? Are we not allowed to call someone an idiot when we feel that way?

And as for mistake, no, I've never made a mistake where I seriously endangered multiple people's lives for the glory of being able to say my car was slightly faster than someone else's.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the rest of you, how can you be so harsh and cruel? Did you even know Timothy Pickle? He made a MISTAKE a split second decision to race. He had done it lots of times and nothing had ever happened so why would he assume that anything would happen this time??? I did not read all of the negative comments because to be quite honest, they made me sick at my stomach! Here we are suffering because we have gone 7 weeks without our friend and Amber has gone 7 weeks without her BOYFRIEND OF FIVE YEARS and you sit there behind your keyboards like you are holier than thou. Were it you or your family members would you be so self righteous?I have pretty much said all I need to say, but I felt like as the best friend of Amber it was my duty to stand up for her and Timothy! May you find yourselves the bulls eye of an easy target, may you be publicly flogged for all of your bad choices, and may your noses be rubbed in all of your mistakes. oh and by the way, Timothy's parents didn't buy him that car, he bought it HIMSELF with his own money. He had an excellent job and worked very hard for his money which I am sure is more than can be said for alot of you!
The kid made a bad decision and paid the price. This is an Internet forum; people come here to post their opinions, you shouldn't expect anything else. I'm not sticking up for anybody but with a post like that you're asking to get flamed.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:20 PM
GT390

This does not apply to those who have written encouraging and kind words, thank you so much that means the world to Amber and it's those words,as well as thoughts and prayers that keep her going.

For the rest of you, how can you be so harsh and cruel? Did you even know Timothy Pickle? He made a MISTAKE a split second decision to race. He had done it lots of times and nothing had ever happened so why would he assume that anything would happen this time??? I did not read all of the negative comments because to be quite honest, they made me sick at my stomach! Here we are suffering because we have gone 7 weeks without our friend and Amber has gone 7 weeks without her BOYFRIEND OF FIVE YEARS and you sit there behind your keyboards like you are holier than thou. Were it you or your family members would you be so self righteous?I have pretty much said all I need to say, but I felt like as the best friend of Amber it was my duty to stand up for her and Timothy! May you find yourselves the bulls eye of an easy target, may you be publicly flogged for all of your bad choices, and may your noses be rubbed in all of your mistakes. oh and by the way, Timothy's parents didn't buy him that car, he bought it HIMSELF with his own money. He had an excellent job and worked very hard for his money which I am sure is more than can be said for alot of you!
As I said before, I hope he turns out to be enough of a vegetable for them to never let him behind the wheel again.

He was f*cking retarded for street racing. Take it to track; don't do it on public roads.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:06 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I take it the guy is still in the hospital?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Morningglorie

myzrox1216, if you're still reading do keep us posted.

Look, I'm old enough to be this kid's mother. My heart goes out to his family, his girlfriend, and all the other people who care about him. I hope he survives and hope he heals completely from his injuries, mentally and physically.

That said, I hope he gets a transfusion of common sense somewhere along the way and figures out that street racing is a stupid idea! He narrowly missed killing himself and his girlfriend, for no reason at all.

If he wants to race, tell him to sign up for good racing school and learn how to do it properly, and then keep it on the track.

But before that happens - I'm sure he's got months of rehabilitation and wheelchairs and therapy and all the rest of it. If he's got broken vertebrae it may be months before he can sit up or walk.

Please do tell him and his family that people are still keeping him in their prayers. When he comes to and realizes what he's done, I hope he's both extremely grateful to be alive, and extremely remorseful at realizing how close it could have been otherwise.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
civic4982

not sure where all the outrage is coming from. I assume people just like to be angry.

don't things like this happen everyday??? I mean people get into wrecks all the time and hitting a car b/c you're putting on your make up or hot boxing in your car or trying to pick up the hamburger you just dropped in your lap... same things in my book.

increase risk driving = increase chance for an accident.

all comparable to some extent.

i know it must make the rest of you feel REALLY good to point at a suffering individual and call them names but a little sympathy for the inexperience of youth should be given.

wouldn't you feel better about yourself if you weren't such an asswipe and weren't mean to people when they were down? this kind of crap is as annoying as the friend who says "i told you so" after you ate the philly cheese steak from the dodgy street vendor while you're ****ting yourself for 24 hours. let's not hit people when they're down...

golden rule always holds true, even on the internet. "if I did something wrong and hurt myself severly how would I want people to respond to me?" let's not be the kind of community that adds insult to injury.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 PM
civic4982

when something awful happens to you in your life due to your own actions I hope the people you come into contact with are kind and understanding so that you know what normal healthy civilized adults act like.

then again, if beating up on people online makes you feel somehow superior or more valuable then I can do nothing but pity you.

this also goes for the rest of you out there who are either rotten to the core or just think that the communications and connections you make to people (online or not) have no consequences.

Originally Posted by spf4000
After my initial comments, I decided to refrain from posting any further on this thread, but your post deserves a response.

No, we don't know this guy. But as you said it yourself, he's street raced many times. THIS IS THE FREAKING REASON YOU DON'T STREET RACE! How many news articles about the dangers of street racing, how many stories about accidents caused by street racing do you need to read before it sinks in?

Your friend is a complete moron, and he put your best friend's life in danger! You act like he's a saint. He did this to himself--and it was bound to happen, since, as you admitted, he's "done it lots of times".

I hope he eventually recovers to the point where he lives a relatively normal life, but no, he gets no sympathy from me.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
spf4000

Originally Posted by civic4982

when something awful happens to you in your life due to your own actions I hope the people you come into contact with are kind and understanding so that you know what normal healthy civilized adults act like.

then again, if beating up on people online makes you feel somehow superior or more valuable then I can do nothing but pity you.

this also goes for the rest of you out there who are either rotten to the core or just think that the communications and connections you make to people (online or not) have no consequences.
It's interesting how you write as if you're superior to me somehow because you don't "hit people when they were down". You used an interesting reference:

this kind of crap is as annoying as the friend who says "i told you so" after you ate the philly cheese steak from the dodgy street vendor while you're ****ting yourself for 24 hours.
If you were told by everyone to stay away from that dodgy steet vendor because lots of people had gotten deathly ill eating from there, and many have even died, (and to eat there was considered illegal because it's so dangerous) yet you went ahead and ate from there, you deserve to be called an idiot, as well as a few "I told you so."

You make the guy sound like it just happened, but in reality, he put himself in serious danger by street racing "all the time" (as quoted by his friend). So are we morally corrupt for being a little angry for his irresponsible behavior?

I don't think many of us are saying what we're saying because we feel superior. Most of us are saying these things because we're SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE STREET RACIING! Yet you put this street racing idiot on a sympathy pedestal as if this guy is a freakin saint while ridiculing us as asswipes. Great priorities you got there. Golden rule? I think "how to exercise self control" is a much better lesson than the "golden rule".

Last edited by spf4000; 06-06-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 AM
350zshopper

I hope none of you criticizing this kid's poor decision are also posting in the "How fast have you driven your Z?" thread.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by pickle
I just got my Z yesterday. I traded My 06 civic in for it and all i can say is DAMN!!!!!

Down here, we do initiations. Each Houston member, gets one hit to the arm, as hard as they want, plus we must drive your new car!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
Down here, we do initiations. Each Houston member, gets one hit to the arm, as hard as they want, plus we must drive your new car!
wow um, you might want to read the rest of the thread.

there is no more car.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
turismo

Damn, what happened. I didnt feel like reading the whole thread. O well, I guess Ill start!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
drooke
Banned

all i can do is
Old 06-11-2007, 02:05 AM
dgrimes34

Default Timothy Pickle

Tim was my coworker at honeywell, me and my family visited him the sunday after his bad decision. he is in bad shape. It has been 7 weeks and I talked to his girlfriend yesterday and he is still in a coma. Tim was a good worker and had a good future ahead of him. We all make bad decisions when we are young and unfortunatley he got caught. Please pray for his recovery and comfort for his family.

Thanks
Delaney
Old 06-11-2007, 03:33 AM
sq40

Originally Posted by dgrimes34
Tim was my coworker at honeywell, me and my family visited him the sunday after his bad decision. he is in bad shape. It has been 7 weeks and I talked to his girlfriend yesterday and he is still in a coma. Tim was a good worker and had a good future ahead of him. We all make bad decisions when we are young and unfortunatley he got caught. Please pray for his recovery and comfort for his family.

Thanks
Delaney
Seven weeks and still in a coma.. That is not good at all.

For those that are being harsh, is that not punishment enough for a juvinile mistake?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Morningglorie

That's very sad to hear. His parents must be devastated.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, what can you do? You know what I mean?

What can you do?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:52 AM
sq40

I think at this point, maybe people should show a little support for the guy.. Reguardless of what he has done.

Quick Reply: Hi new owner from houston, tx