Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Hi new owner from houston, tx

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
drivenCSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
Everyone's, and I mean EVERYONE, on this forum is guilty of street racing.

sorry, but i cant say i agree. especially with the rediculous circumstances surronding this accident

GF in car, racing in a residential 30mph zone, in a brand new car you dont know how to drive yet.

if the GF was seriously injured this story might actually upset me. not saying he deserved it but when you play with fire you're gonna get burned. After the countless mangled Z wrecks weve seen here its a wonder there havent been more serious injuries. Someone was bound to get hurt.

Last edited by drivenCSZ; 04-14-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 AM
LouiZ

Man the guy with the BMW I'm sure noticed the crash and still didnt turn around to help the guy out? I mean **** the car split in half! Have some dam *****, be a man, and turn around and help the guy and girl out! What a heartless bastard! I know he probably watched it on the news and has a guilty conscience. Guys, I totally understand all of yalls reasoning for being mad at this young fella for making a newbie mistake that ANY of us could have made in the past or present. He's one that will just have to learn the hard way. I'm not gonna sit here and call names at him because I've done exact things he has done and I was lucky enough to never get hurt. By watching the clip of the news it is jus a reality check to me that my life could be taken away with an instant. This really scares me to watch but I'm glad I did. Be safe my fellow Z members and do not make the same mistake this kid did. To the driver, all the things you hear from the Z members on here is not because they hate you but it's because we care about every other Z member and do not like to see things like this happen. Make smarter choices in life and value what you have and not take things for granted.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by LouiZ
Man the guy with the BMW I'm sure noticed the crash and still didnt turn around to help the guy out? I mean **** the car split in half! Have some dam *****, be a man, and turn around and help the guy and girl out! What a heartless bastard! I know he probably watched it on the news and has a guilty conscience. Guys, I totally understand all of yalls reasoning for being mad at this young fella for making a newbie mistake that ANY of us could have made in the past or present. .

ok first of all if the other car came back to help, WTF was he going to do?

im sure he wasnt racing a doctor. The car wasnt on fire.

and that is not a "newbie mistake" . a noobie mistake is taking a turn too fast and slidding into a curb or hitting a guardrail.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:28 AM
howey

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
I’ve been sitting around just reading the replies to this thread and all the other threads since yesterday and didn’t really want to say anything until now. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion on what they think. So this guy made a mistake, a mistake that could have taken his life, or worse, someone else’s. What’s done is done.

I agree that he was dumb for racing through that street. Hell, I don’t even condone to street racing, but it happens…it’s happened with you and it’s happened with me. If anyone on this forum tells me you’ve never raced on the street before, I will call you a ****ing liar. Whether it was high speed or just taking off from a red light, anything could have happened. I haven’t seen a 70mph speed limit in Houston in years, yet we still drive 80. “But” what? But that’s not racing? That IS driving fast, and you can still kill people driving at that speed. We can say “what if…” all day, but thank God no one was hurt…yes, there could have been someone on sidewalk, yes, he could have hit a car with a family of 5 and kill all of them, but, again, thank God he didn’t. Fortunately and unfortunately, it was only him who got hurt, and yes he will pay for this for the rest of his life.

All you who wish the worst on him, **** YOU. You don’t even know the kid. Yes, he coulda, shoulda, woulda…but he didn’t. And now, he’s lying in the hospital clinging on to life. That’s payment alright. That’s MUCH MORE than payment. This kid was someone’s son, somebody else’s best friend, lover, brother, enemy, grandson, coworker, patient, etc., so don’t be telling me it doesn’t bother you if he was an acquaintance to you.

I met this kid for no more than 15 minutes. Talked to him after he bought the car, and I’ve tried telling him about how powerful this car was, and how dangerous it could be. But, of course, he didn’t listen. Well, what’s done and done. Did he get what he deserves? NO! Of course, I wish he was stopped by a cop and get arrested and thrown in jail instead for however long and get his driver’s license revoked for years, or maybe suspended for life. But hey, I can wish or want, or think of the “what ifs” all I want, fate has already dealt him his card.

For those of you who do not know, that 350Z he was driving was my old car. I traded that car in last week for a new car. I wish I never had the urge to go buy a new car, then I wouldn’t have traded the car in, and he would have never bought this car, and I would never have met him and all this would have never happened. But the fact of the matter is, I made my decision too, and so go ahead and flame me all you want. So, yes, in your eyes, I probably caused the accident because I bought a new car. Yes, I could have killed someone walking on that sidewalk that night. Yes, I could have prevented the illegal street racing. But, you know what? **** YOU. Again, I made MY decision. And as hard as I try not to convince myself I had no part in this, I still feel responsible in one way or another. Every cause has an effect, and now my conscience is eating me alive.

I will not disclose any details of his condition as a respect for his family and loved ones. But I will tell you, he’s in bad shape. For those of you who have a heart, please pray for him and his family, because one day, you or someone close to you may (God forbid not) encounter such a situation and you will be wanting the comfort and prayers of others.

Thank you,
Chuck
There is a difference between driving fast and driving stupid. This was plain stupid. I feel no sympathy for the kid's given state however i do not wish anything worse on him then what has already occured.

You are comparing apples to oranges with your comparison to you selling him the car and him wrecking it... however, do not feel bad because this wasn't your fault.

My sympathy does however go out to the families and anyone that was affected by this mistake. I hope all of them the best.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just message his gf on myspace and wished her, him and their family best wishes...hopefully he's gonna be ok...
Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

The silver lining to all the "trash talk" and obvious distain shown on this, and in other threads, is that one person reading it might have it in the back of their minds next time they are rolling down the street and some moron revs at them. Where they might not have been able to walk away from a challenge before, now they may just be able to give the other guy a friendly wave and go about their business.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:34 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
The silver lining to all the "trash talk" and obvious distain shown on this, and in other threads, is that one person reading it might have it in the back of their minds next time they are rolling down the street and some moron revs at them. Where they might not have been able to walk away from a challenge before, now they may just be able to give the other guy a friendly wave and go about their business.
So true.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:20 AM
aj996tt

Get well, kid. I don't believe you need to pay for your stupidity with your life.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 AM
FineWine

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
ok first of all if the other car came back to help, WTF was he going to do?

This is the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while. I can't even conjure up a response to this mentality.

how about this one:

which is the more likely thought going through the BMW driver's head:

a.) "Hmm, well I'm not a doctor there's nothing I can do."
b.) "Holy ****!!! I'm getting the hell out of here!"

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAzn
I agree that he was dumb for racing through that street. Hell, I don’t even condone to street racing, but it happens…it’s happened with you and it’s happened with me. If anyone on this forum tells me you’ve never raced on the street before, I will call you a ****ing liar. Whether it was high speed or just taking off from a red light, anything could have happened. I haven’t seen a 70mph speed limit in Houston in years, yet we still drive 80.

I get what you're saying, but comparing going 80mph on the interstate to driving fast enough in a 30 mph residential zone to snap a car in half (litterally) is just....well...retarded. That's like comparing rape to sexual harrasment.

(FYI, I had two friends in high school die when they were driving fast on a street and their car got split in NEARLY half by a telephone pole. they said they had to be doing atleast 60mph for that to happen. And their car didn't actually get split.)

howey said it best:

There is a difference between driving fast and driving stupid.
by the looks of it, this was both fast AND stupid.

I hope he gets well, and I'm glad his G/F was alright and he at least made it out alive -- but I don't think this is a "we all make mistakes kiddo, it's OK!" situation.

Last edited by FineWine; 04-15-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:05 PM
drivenCSZ

the guy said that the BMW guy wasnt being a man because he didnt turn around to help.

obviously he wanted to get the hell out of there but its not like he could have helped anyways. And it's not like the guy in the BWM forced him to race...the kid in the Z made a choice.

if you dont have self control you shouldnt be driving the car in the first place since it can get you into trouble even if you arent street racing.

Last edited by drivenCSZ; 04-15-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:13 PM
LouiZ

the guy said that the BMW guy wasnt being a man because he didnt turn around to help.

obviously he wanted to get the hell out of there but its not like he could have helped anyways. And it's not like the guy in the BWM forced him to race...the kid in the Z made a choice.

if you dont have self control you shouldnt be driving the car in the first place since it can get you into trouble even if you arent street racing.
dude there IS something he could do...HELP!...call the cops...call the ambulance...anything! wat if the guy and girl were in critical condition and the help from the guy in the bmw would have end up saving their life? hes a no hearted bastard i would have turned back around and helped the dude out no questions ask even if it means doing jail time.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

No doubt this was a colossal act of stupity. But let he who has not committed at least one act of colossal stupity in their life cast the first "it serves him right".

It sure as hell would not be me casting.....................

This was tragic even if self induced.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM
DRIFTU

sad...i still cant believe he ripped that z in half...man, if only we could forsee the future, i would of gave him $100 for that Z and gave it to my girl...

I wonder if anyone on the bimmer forums said anything about the accident...
Old 04-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Morningglorie

Does anyone know how he's doing? Still in a coma?

I was just reading an article about brain damage injuries suffered by the troops fighting in Iraq. It's amazing sometimes that people live, but their lives are forever changed. It's not like a broken bone that can heal up. The brain just doesn't heal once it's suffered severe shocks like this.

My prayers are with his family and friends. It's a horrible thing to happen.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 AM
howey

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
No doubt this was a colossal act of stupity. But let he who has not committed at least one act of colossal stupity in their life cast the first "it serves him right".

It sure as hell would not be me casting.....................

This was tragic even if self induced.
ok jesus
Old 04-16-2007, 07:43 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

"ok jesus "

You failed to capitalize Jesus!!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
FineWine

Sorry for the name calling, but you're either incredibly lame or friends with the BMW driver (or both). You don't have to be a doctor to be able to help someone who's in a car that just got ripped in half! How about help them get out of the car, make sure they're ok, call the cops, or even just check on them! What if he was bleeding to death? Do you need 6 years of medical school to know to put pressure on the wound until someone with better training came along to take over? How about calming the paniced girlfriend down? Do you need to be a therapist? How about just being a man in the first place and showing at least some concern for someone who could have died right in front of you?

Coward.

The bigger issue is the BMW drive would probably face larger charges if he's ever found then if he would have turned around and been a decent human being.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
spf4000

Originally Posted by FineWine
Sorry for the name calling, but you're either incredibly lame or friends with the BMW driver (or both). You don't have to be a doctor to be able to help someone who's in a car that just got ripped in half! How about help them get out of the car, make sure they're ok, call the cops, or even just check on them! What if he was bleeding to death? Do you need 6 years of medical school to know to put pressure on the wound until someone with better training came along to take over? How about calming the paniced girlfriend down? Do you need to be a therapist? How about just being a man in the first place and showing at least some concern for someone who could have died right in front of you?

Coward.

The bigger issue is the BMW drive would probably face larger charges if he's ever found then if he would have turned around and been a decent human being.
Street racers being responsible? That may be a tall order.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
valdeztke

Total gayness.

On both parts the racer and the racee.

F'em both
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
sno

Checking in from sr20forums.com...

Street racing in a 30mph zone with a female passenger... n00b ftmfl

Quick Reply: Hi new owner from houston, tx