Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

fairly new owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:21 PM
greensparcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z and 300zx twin turbo owner ; now with pics!

hey guys first chance i had to get on the site and post, i recently 2maybe 3 months ago bought a 2007 pearl white 350z with around 22k miles on it and now has around 26k or so thanks to a trip up to canada, and aside from the warning the cop gave me for doing 90 a fun drive. i am not new to the Z family however i still own my 1990 300zx TT with around 86k on it. nothing is done to the 350z but the 300zx has labree exhaust, jwt ecu, 555c injectors, manual boost controller, 18.8.5 245 front 18x10 275 rear RoJa R5 black rims and it is also pearl white. i common refer to them as the sisters though the older sis is quite a bit more demanding and loves to take my money as i am sure anyone else who has had a 300zx can attest to, ei replaced CAS, MAF and clutch, and now i need to get a new rear tie rod on the hicas system. the baby sis is much more friendly though she dosnt seem to like my girlfriend everytime she is in the car the car gets jealous and disables passenger side airbag lmao thank god im a good driver. dont know why it does it aside from she dosnt like my girlfriend. but i digress. they both are a dream to drive and yet different in their attitudes. the 300zx has much better exhaust note, partly due to the labree exhaust. and she feels more like a hiway missle where as the babysis (350) is much lighter feeling and nimble she hugs the road like a famliar lover. and the 6speed tranny is alot smoother. i was going to sell the 300zx as i still owe some money but i cant bring myself to so now im stuck with a 240buck car note as well as a 420 dollar one haha but im single with no kids and in the military so whatever. i would post some pics but being on deployment makes it a bit hard but anyway just thought id say what up to everyone and glad im here looked at the car gallery and yall got some sweet rides.

Green

Last edited by greensparcs; 12-22-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
eesnas

Originally Posted by greensparcs
hey guys first chance i had to get on the site and post, i recently 2maybe 3 months ago bought a 2007 pearl white 350z with around 22k miles on it and now has around 26k or so thanks to a trip up to canada, and aside from the warning the cop gave me for doing 90 a fun drive. i am not new to the Z family however i still own my 1990 300zx TT with around 86k on it. nothing is done to the 350z but the 300zx has labree exhaust, jwt ecu, 555c injectors, manual boost controller, 18.8.5 245 front 18x10 275 rear RoJa R5 black rims and it is also pearl white. i common refer to them as the sisters though the older sis is quite a bit more demanding and loves to take my money as i am sure anyone else who has had a 300zx can attest to, ei replaced CAS, MAF and clutch, and now i need to get a new rear tie rod on the hicas system. the baby sis is much more friendly though she dosnt seem to like my girlfriend everytime she is in the car the car gets jealous and disables passenger side airbag lmao thank god im a good driver. dont know why it does it aside from she dosnt like my girlfriend. but i digress. they both are a dream to drive and yet different in their attitudes. the 300zx has much better exhaust note, partly due to the labree exhaust. and she feels more like a hiway missle where as the babysis (350) is much lighter feeling and nimble she hugs the road like a famliar lover. and the 6speed tranny is alot smoother. i was going to sell the 300zx as i still owe some money but i cant bring myself to so now im stuck with a 240buck car note as well as a 420 dollar one haha but im single with no kids and in the military so whatever. i would post some pics but being on deployment makes it a bit hard but anyway just thought id say what up to everyone and glad im here looked at the car gallery and yall got some sweet rides.

Green

Thank you for your service.

I do want to say though, is it wise to have that much in car payments? I'm not trying to be your financial advisor but I think you should shed the debt a little if you're on deployment and have 2 car payments that high...
Old 12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
greensparcs

its really not that bad right now im in the desert and its all tax free plus haz pay and immient danger pay, and with the housing allowance i can afford it i only pay insurance on the 350 as the 300 is as always being a drama queen and demanding, like any high maintance girl, add in the jealousy factor and she dosnt usally like to come out of the garage. i almost have it paid off after this deployment she will almost be 100% mine. more of a project car the 350 is my daily driver and the vq35 hr has not given me one hint of a problem yet much better than the ***** that is the vg30ett. still need to get pictures of them together the 300 was in the shop and is what drove me over the edge when she was in the shop for like a month and i had no wheels and being me i didnt want some crap box so i got another z, DAMN MY IMPULSIVENESS but i have no regrets. being able to have 2 beautiful sports cars in matching paint schemes, and afford it makes most people look at me with envy as i am only 25. hehe but thank you for your consern
Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum Green. You're very lucky to own two generations of Z. Both very different, and always a bonus if one is off the road having something done, you have another to drive.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Ando89

welcome!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Z_Nick_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a pretty sweet garage

post up some pics whenever you can
Old 12-18-2008, 11:31 AM
greensparcs

i cant right now unless someone with an unrestricted email wants to host some of my pictures for me. the web here is really very picky about what i can an cannot get onto and photo hosting sites are on the black list so if anyone would not mind doing the image shack or photo bucket thing for me i could get some picks just shoot me a pm and i can send you all the photos. you know support the troops eh
Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 AM
greensparcs

dont really feel like making a new post from this more of a quick question i have, i read in the read this before modifying sticky that the stock radio is weak in my 07 i have noticed that it is not that weak for having no reall sub. and i can get some decent bass out of it enough that i dont feel i need to get a system in there right away. is this something that they have improved on over the 03-06? or am i just not a huge bass junky? lol
Old 12-22-2008, 10:48 AM
greensparcs

ok got a chance to put some pictures up of my beauties

the 350z

Old 12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eesnas
Thank you for your service.

I do want to say though, is it wise to have that much in car payments? I'm not trying to be your financial advisor but I think you should shed the debt a little if you're on deployment and have 2 car payments that high...
did you really have to quote his entire opening thread? noobs FTL
Old 12-24-2008, 11:27 PM
350z Guy

wow very nice car