Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

My New Z with a Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
carscrainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah it passed inspection fine last week when the engine light was off for the day I went in and they hooked it up and I got a new sticker so I dont know whats up but hope to get it fixed ASAP
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
carscrainer

The vortech guy just wrote to me on my email and said stock plugs would be fine. Whats the difference between stock and one step colder? I already have the one step cooler ones on the way so I figure I will use them but was curious of the difference?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:31 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u def. want 1 step colder plugs no question about it, i dont know why someone would tell u different..even the vortech instruction manual says to ....its just a fact that a step colder plug will prevent detonation..its def. what u want...

and the ngk iridiums are already gapped...u did order the correct part number for the z from the link i put on here right?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 AM
tylerxfire

id have someone check the car out really good to see if they can find anymore problems, seems like someone started throwing things together without knowing what they were doing?

where did u get this car? how much? any pics to post up of it
Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Miggz

I'd like to see pics on the car as-well...
And thanks for the links on the NY tuners.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-marks-z.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-marks-z-front.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-marks-z-back2.jpg

Name:  marks z engine.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  1.3 KB

My New Z with a Vortech-marks-z-back.jpg
Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-marks-z-interior.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-marks-z-rims.jpg

This is what I have for pics right now. Hopefully I will get some more later.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
tiffuhhkneex0

the wheels look really good
Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM
carscrainer

I got the car in oswego near lake ontario. I brought cash trying to work a deal and when I showed him some cash he waived $20,000 back at me and was like i dont need your money but we worked out a fair deal I hope. The original owner bought it for 34K and told me he put 16K into it. Vortec, Nismo suspension, exhaust, rear wing, short through shifter. So maybe he only spent around ten grand or so who knows. Then the second guy got it a year ago and he did throw some parts on it without the proper research. He put the 3.12 pulley on without a retune and also hooked up the Nos system which is currently not being used. He only owned the car for 8thousand mile so I am hopeing it is still in good condition. Drives solid and feels strong but I am waiting for the dyno tunning session before I really get into her and see what she's got. The car has 54,000 miles on it now and I plan on putting some more on her very soon.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:22 PM
tylerxfire

dont drive the car in boost while its not re-tuned for that pulley..It is most def. lean...good luck with everything get it on the dyno asap and tuned..post results after
Old 01-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Lakeside

+1 have it thoroughly checked out! Get it tuned A-sap. Your so concerned about damage to the block. Don't contribute to it! I would also remove the Nitrous. Have a compression test done.

Good luck
Old 01-28-2010, 04:23 PM
carscrainer

Thanks for all the reply's. I have an apointment at the shop tuesday to have the compression test done and new plugs and a crank sensor if needed and also having the belt checked. As long as all goes well I will then call and make an apointment at the tuner/dyno shop asap. Then I can post the results of that. i will let everyone knows what happens tuesday at the mechanics. I do my taxes tmrw and should be getting a nice refund do to the fact that I am a single father so I should have some cash in a week or two and will be able to take care of my new car properly.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rule # 1.....never buy an already hooked up FI car when it originally did not come with FI to begin with.

why did the second owner get rid of it? and the second " not so smart" owner had NOS put in? that right there is a fail.

guy probably thought he was Brian O'Connor.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:46 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
Rule # 1.....never buy an already hooked up FI car when it originally did not come with FI to begin with.

why did the second owner get rid of it? and the second " not so smart" owner had NOS put in? that right there is a fail.

guy probably thought he was Brian O'Connor.

that is a very false statement...there are people who do things right and people who do things wrong...look thru the marketplace here and tell me that nobody should buy any of the F/I cars...there are beautiful done right cars and then there are thrown together cars...The buyer should decide that after carefully looking everything over...This case here is a toss up as of now but yes there are things that were not done correctly, i beleive he will still be ok if things are looked over and fixed asap..
Old 01-29-2010, 10:55 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
that is a very false statement...there are people who do things right and people who do things wrong...look thru the marketplace here and tell me that nobody should buy any of the F/I cars...there are beautiful done right cars and then there are thrown together cars...The buyer should decide that after carefully looking everything over...This case here is a toss up as of now but yes there are things that were not done correctly, i beleive he will still be ok if things are looked over and fixed asap..
+1

Most Z owners aren't kids with a Honda that slap on a second hand turbo and run it up to 30PSI with no supporting mods. There are obviously exceptions to the rule, but not often on here.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by halfass872
+1

Most Z owners aren't kids with a Honda that slap on a second hand turbo and run it up to 30PSI with no supporting mods. There are obviously exceptions to the rule, but not often on here.
i've read many well known guys with threads of blown motors. Besides i am just saying that when someone does FI its not so much for looks. Lucky this guy can actually speak with the original owner. But then again who doesn't beat on it just a lil that could cause a problem down the road. hence why i asked why is the second owner getting rid it. Just do not concentrate on a statement made with out knowing the reasons behind it. Whose to say the guy didnt flip the switch and blast off ever chance he had?

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 01-29-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:10 AM
tylerxfire

i've read many well known guys with threads of blown motors. Besides i am just saying that when someone does FI its not so much for looks. Lucky this guy can actually speak with the original owner. But then again who doesn't beat on it just a lil that could cause a problem down the road. hence why i asked why is the second owner getting rid it. Just do not concentrate on a statement made with out knowing the reasons behind it. Whose to say the guy didnt flip the switch and blast off ever chance he had?
still dont see where it says that a proper setup stock block vq wont take a little boost especially from a supercharger which doesnt make the low end torque and put as much stress on the rods...its different reading stories of guys trying to push the envelope to the max and pop it
Old 01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
still dont see where it says that a proper setup stock block vq wont take a little boost especially from a supercharger which doesnt make the low end torque and put as much stress on the rods...its different reading stories of guys trying to push the envelope to the max and pop it
i suppose there are many right and wrong answers to this sort of argument.
In the end i guess only time will tell what will happen. Just my experience is i know its done right when i do the work myself. Personally do not like second ownerships of FI vehicles that are not Originally FI to begin with. The "what if" factor plays that role.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
halfass872

....Just my experience is i know its done right when i do the work myself. Personally do not like second ownerships of FI vehicles that are not Originally FI to begin with. The "what if" factor plays that role.
LMAO, remember you said this if you go to sell your FI car, and the buyer is kinda hesitant because he's thinking the exact same thing about yoru car.

Last edited by halfass872; 01-29-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by halfass872
LMAO, remember you said this if you go to sell your FI car, and the buyer is kinda hesitant because he's thinking the exact same thing about yoru car.

hahaha, yes i will be. Also help to be a good speech artist! But, my z is n/a. I have an 06 Evo ix...well its the womens, but she wont be selling that anyway.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 01-29-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: My New Z with a Vortech