Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

My New Z with a Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:54 AM
carscrainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I haven't seen any of the vids from VTR. I will definately check them out later when I am not at work! I am going to the NYIRP dragstrip. It is only an hour and half away from where I live. The website is www.nyirp.com I think. It stands for New york international dragway park but they are changing the name to empire dragway at www.empiredragway.com. Where is the track you talk about. Do you have a website or address so I could mapquest it and maybe make it out their sometime.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:49 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

esta dragway is between me and you i would assume, i have been there once..
http://www.estadrags.com/

i go to lebanon valley dragway wednesday nights for street night..It is just passed albany
http://www.dragway.com/
Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 AM
carscrainer

Hey hows it going? So the track finally opened near me and I went last night. Sothe car ran fine as far as I can tell but the driver sure could use some work. My best 60' times were only 2.1 and my 1/4 mile times were a slow 13.7. Im not sure but isn't that slower than stock. I never pulled the brake light fuse and I just did little burn outs. It was my first time at the track with the car so I am still learning. I tried leaving around 2 or 3 grand and would get about the same time. I even tried leaving around 5 grand but then end up going down the track a little sideways lol. I dont what I should try besides better tirea. I would like to improve my times a little the way my car is before I start putting more money into it. Any suggestions on what I could do to improve my times. I pretty much drive their than let some air out of my tires and hope for the best. I was even thinking about trying to leave in 2nd. Or maybe just trying to leave in first around 3grand and as soon as I get solid traction to just punch it or should I slowly throttle the petal down. IDK any suggestions would be cool. Thanks again. I am hoping to get my times down at least a second but I know a second in drag racing is a lot to ask for but I feel it shouldnt be that much of a problem for my car I just need to learn how to drive it right. Its not like the bike. I can run 10.4's all night at 140. I just want to be more consistant. Thanks for any help
Old 04-22-2010, 07:09 AM
tylerxfire

yeah u need a good set of mickey thompsons...after may 5th mine will be up for sale...i pull 1.6 60ft.'s with them...

on street tires and just a cold air intake when i first got my car i ran 13.7@101 with a 2.0 60ft., what was your mph?

to run on ur street tires you dont need much of a burnout, go around the water box just spin them a little and get staged..hold the rev's around 2-2500 rpm and feather the clutch out until you have traction and stomp it and bang the gears out down the track..

theres no point in putting more money into the car, u just need to hook up, and you def. dont wanna leave in 2nd it wont help you any it will only hurt your clutch
Old 04-24-2010, 09:27 AM
carbon z

Take a look at the Lime green g35 on page 7 of this
forum. Performance Style Sound Magazine has a cover
story on that car. Pretty good article and mentions
Vinney Ten Racing. April 2010 Buyers Guide

Last edited by carbon z; 04-24-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 AM
carscrainer

So I went to the track last wed! The traack was empty so I thought I was going to have a good night to get to know my car better. My first pass I noticed the track was much more sticky than the week before. I noticed because I stalled off the line. LOL I was racing a little honda accord so I had time to start my car and chase it down and still pull a 14.1 LMAO Anyhow as soon as that was over a 2008 bmw M3 pulled up next to me so I was hopeing for the best. Their was nobody else in our class racing so me and the m3 ran 5 passes in a row before... Anyhow my first run against the m3 was a 13.66 to his 13.1. I lost but was already doing better than last week. Then every run I got faster and so didnt the beamer lol. The last two runs I ran 13.1 at 104 and 105 but the M3 was pulling 12.65. It sucks being so close and knowing my car should be able to take him or at least make it a closer race. I am only a car length behind so it really wasnt that bad. So since the track is empty we are pretty much making hot laps around this track and have 6 runs in an hour. The since I had two 13.1's I thought maybe I have leveled off and wanted to one one more time before I took a break for a while. So I am racing the m3 again after the close race last time I know I have a chance. I did beat him once when he spun off the line. He had a pattle shifter with no clutch so his shifts were fast but anyhow I did my burnout and it bounced a little bit no big deal. I pulled up to the line staged and then we were off it was a good launch and then I hit 2nd gear and half way into it The traction control and slip light blinked and chimed three times then the car shut off. I already had the traction control off so I dont no why it blinked. I had to call and have my car towed an hour and a half home. It rolls over but doesnt start. I have no fuel pump turning on no spark no injector pulse. I am waiting on a mechanic friend to pull up wirirng so we can test the ecu power in and out. When I turn the key on the fans come on like the car thinksit s hot. IDK Checked the coolant temp sensor but it did nothing. Oh yeah We have hooked up 4 different scan tools and none will hook up with my computer. IDk Crazy doesnt matter what I buy it will mess up. SO I have been working on it for a week now with know luck. Any help would be great and I will keep you updated on my progress
Old 05-08-2010, 04:23 AM
carscrainer

So we got the car to start and run again. Let it idle for 20 minutes then took it for a ride. Made it about a mile and it shut off and the fans turned back on and the fuel pump shut off. We found a bad fuse in the box behind the battery. It blew after the ride so it looks like I have a broken wire somewhere. That sucks. Anyhow we pulled the wire harness and found out that my SS box was just put in with spliced wires and tape. WTF So we are taking it all out and going to do it the right way and then put it all back together and then go from their. Did get the computer to read again and it has two stored codes for the cam sensors. First I need to get the wires taken care of and find the short and fix that then hopefully everything works again. Soon she will be reliable I think. I hope at least.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
tylerxfire

pm'd...
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
SPG350Z

I know im reviving a dead thread here, but just curious if you ever got the Z going again carscrainer? I actually live right between you and tylerxfire. I live about 10 min north of Syracuse. I have an 03 touring with the Vortech kit, full HKS exhaust, F1 racing stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel and a few other mods. Just purchased the 3.12 pully and going to set up a appointment with VTR to have them tune me. You guys seem to say they are the best around, so im hoping they take care of me.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carbon z
Take a look at the Lime green g35 on page 7 of this
forum. Performance Style Sound Magazine has a cover
story on that car. Pretty good article and mentions
Vinney Ten Racing. April 2010 Buyers Guide
hahah that's my friend Leo's car. It's a totally different car now