Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Owner with aftermarket alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM
wras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner with aftermarket alarm problem

Hi all, I've been lurking on here for about a year reading about these cars and searching for the right one. Well I finally bought a black 03 touring (after some issues with getting financed because all my other cars have been paid in cash) at a dealer. I would post pictures up but we still have about 8 inches of snow here and it's not coming out of the garage yet lol. Anyway I'm having a problem if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

I have an audiovox pursuit series pro9801n alarm that was put in by ziebart over the weekend. I have found that when the car has sat for a period of longer than one hour and I press the disarm/unlock button the doors unlock the lights flash and then the alarm goes off requiring me to push the disarm button again. However if the time span is less than an hour say 10 mins, I can arm and disarm the alarm and everything works perfect. Ziebart says they don't know and it is driving me nuts, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Travis
Old 02-24-2010, 06:11 AM
halfass872

I got no help for you in this subject, but i'm happy you finally got yourself a Z travis!! Post up some pics of that bad boy!!

Ya wanna put a Blower on it??

-Addam
Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 AM
wras

Thanks Addam! I have no idea why they gave me such a hard time at the bank about getting a loan i'm sorry I missed out on your car. Went into the dealer and poof approved on the spot. Maybe somewhere down the road I will look into the FI, no midnight calls I promise
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by wras
Thanks Addam! I have no idea why they gave me such a hard time at the bank about getting a loan i'm sorry I missed out on your car. Went into the dealer and poof approved on the spot. Maybe somewhere down the road I will look into the FI, no midnight calls I promise
It's all good!!

Dealers are shady, that's why they are able to get ANYONE a loan. I live in a Navy town and see sailors get approved for $40,000 cars all day long at the dealer, when their take home paycheck is only $600.00 every two weeks!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!! Congrats new Z owner...no clue about the alarm, but search may help and if no then someone will chime in soon....
Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 AM
wras

Thanks guys.

I spoke to a tech yesterday that thinks the alarm is going into some kind of power save mode and when I'm hitting unlock it is not seeing the factory one to send the kill signal to? He says they can fix it so I'm going to take it up this weekend and give them the figure it out or take it out and I'll go somewhere else.

Know what sucks... Here in OH we had pretty much no snow until I buy my car and then it's like the skys opened up and feet of snow fell! Nothing like having this car and not being able to drive it... My only question is: Is it spring yet?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:05 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wras
Thanks guys.

I spoke to a tech yesterday that thinks the alarm is going into some kind of power save mode and when I'm hitting unlock it is not seeing the factory one to send the kill signal to? He says they can fix it so I'm going to take it up this weekend and give them the figure it out or take it out and I'll go somewhere else.

Know what sucks... Here in OH we had pretty much no snow until I buy my car and then it's like the skys opened up and feet of snow fell! Nothing like having this car and not being able to drive it... My only question is: Is it spring yet?
I think it's on its way...not sure, will know more by March 31st.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 AM
carbon z

I live in Ohio, snow capitol? I,m itching to work on my Z, just can't get into heating the garage to do the mods. As far as the alarm problem, there is an excellant shop in Canton Oh.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 AM
wras

So they never did find out what the problems was but I finally blew up and told them to take it off to which they replied how about we upgrade you to the $200 more clifford model and see if that works at no charge. To which I replied ok. Units swapped out and everything is perfect.