Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Z owner, I have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:23 PM
jheff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow New Z owner, I have some questions.

Hello All,
I joined up because I got a '06 350z for a daily and eventual drift car. I do come bearing a problem. On my commute home. I had no choice but to run over something small (looked to be a small stick). Then as I got closer to home, my power steering started to go out. I gave a quick check over of the car, and it looked like the front cross member reinforcement piece. The amount of fluid in the reservoir has not gone down either. One of the bolts connecting the cross member to the other part has bent a little, but the damage is hopefully not as bad as getting rear ended by a texting and driving teen. The main cross member looks repairable, as there is little damage but the other piece is toast. I understand that it affects the alignment. Is there a possibility that its an electric issue? or is it common for the 350z steering racks to go bad without leaking.

Thanks for your advice and glad to be a 350 owner!

(I apologize, I am still familiarizing myself with the terminology special to Z cars).
Old 05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you could include some photos it would be a massive help. the reason i ask is because you've mentioned no damage to your front bumper yet a "small stick" has bent a bolt. Are you talking about the "A" brace ?? Yet that seems unlikely because you mention possible damage to the power steering cooler i presume that's what you're talking about. Send pictures and you'll get a better response as we'll be able to see just what the damage is.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 PM
jheff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say small stick because I didnt get the chance to get a good look at it, and that is what it appeared to be. Im sorry that I was not more clear.

I hope these pictures are clear enough. It hit where the front subframe (I presume) hit what you call the "A" brace.

As a further description, the power steering seems to work only at certain points of steering input, but not evenly throughout. The car seems to have electrical gremlins but I have not had the time to sort them out yet and hopefully will be sorting through them in the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your input!
Attached Thumbnails New Z owner, I have some questions.-img_2520.jpg   New Z owner, I have some questions.-img_2521.jpg   New Z owner, I have some questions.-img_2522.jpg  

Last edited by jheff; 05-16-2018 at 10:18 PM.