Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

New Avic-F90BT installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:56 PM
NismoZ08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I was under the impression that you could sink the actual AVIC in that cubby but apparently I am mistaken. Would have to get another monitor and put it up there and change out the dash kit. Just to have functionality where I want it... 2 monitors thing looks stupid to me... So I guess Ima just get the F900BT and put it in the 2x din like you did... I guess the most important thing after that is maintaining steering wheel controls
Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 PM
nismocoupe08

sweet. keep me posted
Old 05-20-2009, 05:12 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by NismoZ08
Anyone know where I can get the nav cubby? Link?
For the 06+ Z, there is no nav "cubby" per se. The non navigation dash bezel has a cubby with a non motorized door. The navigation dash bezel is completely different as it has no door like the 03-05 and it has a little 'visor' to help shade the screen. Here it is from conceptzperformance.com:

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...ge.php?II=2808
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
NismoZ08

Originally Posted by jekl1000
For the 06+ Z, there is no nav "cubby" per se. The non navigation dash bezel has a cubby with a non motorized door. The navigation dash bezel is completely different as it has no door like the 03-05 and it has a little 'visor' to help shade the screen. Here it is from conceptzperformance.com:

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...ge.php?II=2808
ya... I just wanted ideally to sink a AVIC-FB900 in that "cubby"... but, I guess I would have to put the unit in the double din and then have another 7'' monitor up in the cubby area... I don't think I am gonna take this route cause it looks weird to me... I know I would get tired of explaining to everyone that sat shotgun why I have two monitors...
Old 05-21-2009, 07:38 AM
nismocoupe08

if they ask you just say well I wanted to be able to watch my rout and a movie at the same time
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
JEKL

ya... I just wanted ideally to sink a AVIC-FB900 in that "cubby"... but, I guess I would have to put the unit in the double din and then have another 7'' monitor up in the cubby area... I don't think I am gonna take this route cause it looks weird to me... I know I would get tired of explaining to everyone that sat shotgun why I have two monitors...
I kept the stock BOSE (for looks only!) and added a Kenwood monitor up top. I have a Kenwood KOS-V1000 powering the monitor with radio, XM, iPod, etc. It looks 100% stock but gives me the functionality of an aftermarket unit.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 PM
white323nismo

Originally Posted by jekl1000
I kept the stock BOSE (for looks only!) and added a Kenwood monitor up top. I have a Kenwood KOS-V1000 powering the monitor with radio, XM, iPod, etc. It looks 100% stock but gives me the functionality of an aftermarket unit.
Can you provide some pictures on details? I was interested in adding a head unit in the top cubby area.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 PM
nismocoupe08

here is a link to the pic from his profile. You should get a cover for where the nav controles used to be. Fiberglass cover or something.

https://my350z.com/forum/members/jek...-dsc-0581.html
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
JEKL

Oh yeah, I forgot that I still have that pic there. I left it open for several weeks because I looked all over for a used one. I didn't want to buy new because I just needed it for looks and to light up maybe. I searched car-parts.com, ebay, and a ton of others with no luck. So I had to shell out the money for a brand new one.

Anyway, here is the write up that I put together that shows what all I did.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...r-install.html
Old 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM
NismoZ08

Very nice install... I would consider this route if the Nismo had the Bose system... Has a crappy radio so I would have to do a lot to make an equal install... I dunno... Your setup looks great though... Did you end up getting the navigation functional?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
JEKL

Well the BOSE is pretty crappy as well. I am going to replace the front with some component, ditch the rear speakers, and replace the OEM sub with a free air one. At that point I wont be using any of the BOSE at all. Well excepts the CD player.

Why do you not think it would work with the Nismo system?

The navigation piece does not do a single thing but light up and fill that void. Its all touch screen, so I really don't need it to be functional at this point.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
ag0240

what kind of dash kit did you use?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 AM
nismocoupe08

Originally Posted by ag0240
what kind of dash kit did you use?
I used the metra dash kit 99-7602
Old 06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the mic?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:39 PM
nismocoupe08

yeah thats the mic
Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 PM
johnha209

quick question for ya... do u have any trouble with the navi kinda spinnin out of control sometimes when ur stopped at an intersection?? it only happens when im stoppped somewhere and the navi seems to spazz out of control and doesnt know if im going north or south so the screen just keeps spinning until i start moving again..i have my nav receiver stuck right next to the driver side little rear window... do you think that might be a problem???

also.... is your mph reading on the navi accurate?? mines seems to always be about 5-8 mph off.. i might have connected the "speed sensor" wire to the wrong wire.. =(.. do u know by any chance what color wire and where it can be found?? i will prolly take apart the center console again and look over the wiring again because these little things gets to me!!

one last thing is... where the heck is the reverse lights wire... i was soooo tired of the install that i decided to not connect the wire thats suppose to be connected with the "reverse lights" wire.. u think that might be the reason why my navi just spins when im at a stop??
Old 06-20-2009, 11:36 AM
nismocoupe08

Originally Posted by johnha209
quick question for ya... do u have any trouble with the navi kinda spinnin out of control sometimes when ur stopped at an intersection?? it only happens when im stoppped somewhere and the navi seems to spazz out of control and doesnt know if im going north or south so the screen just keeps spinning until i start moving again..i have my nav receiver stuck right next to the driver side little rear window... do you think that might be a problem???

also.... is your mph reading on the navi accurate?? mines seems to always be about 5-8 mph off.. i might have connected the "speed sensor" wire to the wrong wire.. =(.. do u know by any chance what color wire and where it can be found?? i will prolly take apart the center console again and look over the wiring again because these little things gets to me!!

one last thing is... where the heck is the reverse lights wire... i was soooo tired of the install that i decided to not connect the wire thats suppose to be connected with the "reverse lights" wire.. u think that might be the reason why my navi just spins when im at a stop??

Sometimes it will spaz out if I am in a parking lot or something like a drive through window cuz you are not realy on a street so sometimes it puts me like i am on the street but other than that it doesn't do anything.

Here is a link to another thread that gives the wiring for everything you should need.
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...-for-350z.html
Old 07-04-2009, 04:50 AM
mlatham

Would it be possible to put in an AVIC and maintain Steering wheel controls over the head unit?
i ahve it and i do not think i will be installing it. let me know if you already did not get one.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:35 AM
floppymoppy1234

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
Looks really good.
I just had the Alpine W505 installed,
and added the NVE-P1 nav unit.

hey can you take some pics of the w505? i was considering the same unit. Specifically, how does the navi dock look like and how does it work? because i was going to buy the blackbird along with it. thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 AM
VENOMSZ

Originally Posted by floppymoppy1234
hey can you take some pics of the w505? i was considering the same unit. Specifically, how does the navi dock look like and how does it work? because i was going to buy the blackbird along with it. thanks
https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z/...installed.html

Quick Reply: New Avic-F90BT installed