Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Anybody using the NX Octane series gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:40 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody using the NX Octane series gauges?

I have an empty pillar pod for 2 gauges (bye bye boost gauge) and was searcing for a gauge that displayed the volume of my Bottles. Well i came across these and am pretty impressed by the funtionality and appearence of NX's new volume diplay and progessive controller. They are not cheap so before i start saving up for them I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with them or if anybody knew of any other gauges that offer a graphical display of how much gas is left in my tanks.

Ever asked the question: “How much nitrous is in my bottle?” The Nitrous Express Octane Series Bottle Volume Display Controller has the answer NOW! The display controller tells you exactly how much nitrous is in you bottle at a glance. The user-friendly display shows in either percentage or time when you will face an empty bottle situation. It also displays bottle pressure (with optional pressure transducer PN:15533), plus has an optional Air/Fuel display with safety cut-offs. The “Bottle Volume Display Controller” will also control bottle heater and has over/under pressure cut-offs. The vibrant LCD screen reads in either graphic or numeric displays. Fits Standard 2 1/6” gauge pods.

Takes Place Of:

• 1 Nitrous Pressure Gauge (with optional sensor)
• 1 Nitrous Pressure Shut Down Switch
• 1 Fuel Pressure Gauge (with optional sensor)
• 1 Air/Fuel Gauge (Instead of Fuel Pressure Gauge/ FPSS)
• 1 Air/Fuel Shut Down Switch (turns nitrous system off if running lean or rich)
• 1 Fuel Pressure Safety Switch or FPSS
• 1 Nitrous Heater Toggle Switch
• 1 Heater Control Pressure Switch(with optional sensor)
• 1 Digital Bottle Weighing Scale

Nitrous Express Octane Series Display Controllers take nitrous technology to the next level. The Progressive Nitrous Controller is a revolution in ease of use and high technology. Contained in a user-friendly compact gauge style format, this controller offers more functions than any progressive controller on the market without programming via laptop. The “Octane Series Progressive Nitrous Controller” provides multi-point ramping that can be either time or RPM based, controls a bottle heater including over/under pressure safety cutoffs, and has a rich/lean cut-off with multiple wide-band capabilities. It displays all nitrous functions plus a shift light function. There is almost nothing this “Next Generation” controller cannot do. Fits Standard 2 1/6” gauge pods.

Features:

• Progressive controller (time or rpm based)
• RPM window switch
• Wide-Open-Throttle detection when used with factory TPS or WOT switch.
• Supports Fly-by-Wire TPS rising or falling
• 5 Point variable Progressive ramping (time or rpm based)
• Shift Light
• Rich l Lean Cutoff (when used with a wideband)
• Air/Fuel inputs Digital or Analog
• Multiple wideband capabilities
• Heater controller
• First gear lockout / delay
• 8 different Main Viewing screens.
• Programmable Power UP screen and Arm screen
• Multiple pressure choices
• Pressure display ( Boost, Nitrous, Oil or Fuel)

Taken from: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/octaneseries.htm
Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I recall this guage being discussed somewhere before and I'm pretty sure nobody had it. You could always give it a try and give us your impressions.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 PM
NoahzBurnt

Time to start saving!

I am working on adding a second bottle and some custom mounts for them. Gotta do a purge as well and then I will get around to these gauges!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

bump
Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered the volume display gauge from JEGS. I'll let you know how it is!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Nitrous%20Expr...15534/10002/-1
Old 05-13-2008, 07:48 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

That is great to hear. Please post lots of pictures (installed/uninstalled), process of install (including the ease/difficulty), its functionality (and ease/difficulty), etc if you can. I think these guages are just awesome, but I can't afford them.

What's your setup look like right now? Are you spraying on top of boost? What gear(s), what rpms, how much power (and what psi) with and without spray?

Sorry for all the questions and requests, but I'm just very curious about those guages and now your setup since I see that you're spraying a 100 shot.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:55 PM
baspence

I'm all in for this thread... very very interested!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:00 AM
Ruthless18x

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
That is great to hear. Please post lots of pictures (installed/uninstalled), process of install (including the ease/difficulty), its functionality (and ease/difficulty), etc if you can. I think these guages are just awesome, but I can't afford them.

What's your setup look like right now? Are you spraying on top of boost? What gear(s), what rpms, how much power (and what psi) with and without spray?

Sorry for all the questions and requests, but I'm just very curious about those guages and now your setup since I see that you're spraying a 100 shot.

Hey 3hree5ive0ero,

I'll take a lot of pictures and try to be as detailed as possible. I chose this gauge because I can consolidate a lot into one, and since I have a cage I'm going to mount in the cubby.

I picked my setup to be similar to one350zfan, since he has been running low 11s. Seemed like a much better idea for what I want to do, than building a 600hp Greddy TT as a daily driver.

- Built Motor (HKS Internals, Cams, Cosworth Plenum, etc)
- Turbonetics Single Turbo
- NX Kit (10lb Bottle, 100 Shot Jet)

I just finished the motor and am working on the turbo now. I'm doing it all myself so it's going pretty slow. I'm new to nitrous so I'm not too sure yet on how to use it. I'm learning though. I hope that helps a little, I'll try to get some pics later on.

Last edited by Ruthless18x; 05-14-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Thanks for your reply, Ruthless18x.

I guarantee that you'll love nitrous, especially on top of turbo. Faster spool, instant torque, it'll be addicting.

I also mounted my guages in my cubby. I'm not much of showing off what I have and I'd rather have a sleeper (not much of a sleeper compared to some others, but still).

Good luck on your build and keep us updated, especially on those guages.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Ruthless18x

Thanks! I will for sure!

Hey how did you mount yours in your cubby?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Holes were cut out to fit the gauges (will need a new cubby if/when I sell the car although I plan on keeping the car for a while). But, since the guages wouldn't fit properly, I had to use spacers.

I know they have the cubby gauge pods, but those come out way too much for my tastes and you can't use the cubby anymore.

I like it since I can still use the cubby and hide (by closing the door) the gauges at the same time. I'll post up pics sometime before Saturday (my car's pretty far away and I'm too lazy to walk 15 minutes), so look for that. I'll edit this post when I get pics.

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 05-14-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
MySunset350Z

i need something to replace my useless pos fuel pressure gauge. but 500 bones is a bit steap.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Ruthless18x

Holes were cut out to fit the gauges (will need a new cubby if/when I sell the car although I plan on keeping the car for a while). But, since the guages wouldn't fit properly, I had to use spacers.

I know they have the cubby gauge pods, but those come out way too much for my tastes and you can't use the cubby anymore.

I like it since I can still use the cubby and hide (by closing the door) the gauges at the same time. I'll post up pics sometime before Saturday (my car's pretty far away and I'm too lazy to walk 15 minutes), so look for that. I'll edit this post when I get pics.

Sounds like a good install!

Sadly some things came up, and I'll be parting out the car. Maybe we can make a deal on that gauge when it gets here if you want, otherwise I gotta send it back.

Let me know.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Sounds like a good install!

Sadly some things came up, and I'll be parting out the car. Maybe we can make a deal on that gauge when it gets here if you want, otherwise I gotta send it back.

Let me know.
I didn't forget about the pics. I tried to take them, but no camera.

Sorry to hear that, man. I hope everything's good.

I wasn't interested in buying the gauges. Way too baller for me. I just wanted to get some feed back and see it in action.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Ruthless18x

I didn't forget about the pics. I tried to take them, but no camera.

Sorry to hear that, man. I hope everything's good.

I wasn't interested in buying the gauges. Way too baller for me. I just wanted to get some feed back and see it in action.

Bummer, I'm sorry man. It'll all be good soon, hopefully I can move all these parts I stocked up on.