Hell No!
48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Who sprays 5th gear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 AM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it out with the help of google and one of the Wizards Customers.
http://www.noswizard.com/
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Read the TOU and you'll see why he was banned. Everything was fine up to that point.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
madwi

Originally Posted by nissansource
Glad to help out
Old 05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Noswizard

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Read the TOU and you'll see why he was banned. Everything was fine up to that point.
As you know I have my own forum and I do my best to avoid putting a ban on anyone by doing what I can to educate them first - as you have tried to do here.
Over approx. a 15 year period I've only had to ban three people who 'thought' they had nothing to learn (BIG MISTAKE) and 'thought' they knew better than I did, despite the fact that they were ONLY end user and had no first hand R&D experience, never mind the 30+ years I've dedicated to nitrous SPECIFIC R&D.

Obviously I don't know what was said by the person you put a ban on but I'd guess it was provoked by the confusion on the thread and now that's been cleared up (I HOPE), it might be worth giving it a 2nd thought, as you never know when someone might have something worthwhile to post - just a thought.

Regards

Trev

PS. Would you allow me to mention my forum web link please, as that would help to educate anyone who wants further knowledge on nitrous?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Noswizard

Maybe you can send me some pulsoid solenoids and some nylons lines so I can test them out in the States for ya. I'll throw in some free advertising, too.
If it wasn't for madwi having already bought a system that he'll no doubt be very happy with, I'd probably have considered doing that but as it is I might be tempted to give you a decent discount.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Noswizard

Noswizard Thanks alot of clearing this up for the people here. What is your website? id love to look at your products. 3 5 0 i dont think its fair to be banning people when you yourself where being imature about the situation. No hard feelings i just wanted to state here that your basic nos kit is just basic and you can make them work safely up top. It all comes down to tuning and thats what i was trying to say the whole time and it seems to have gotten missed in the conversations. Either way any ill feelings lets throw them aside and shake hands. NOSWIZARD thanks for your contribution to the thread along with ShagSpeed AKA Chris Allen. You both are very intelligent and thanks for your input.

NOSWIZARD id love to purchase your product to have on hand for customers can i get a website address? please PM me
Is it WON PRODUCTS?
Thanks for your appreciation and your interest in my products.

Please get in touch with me via our contacts page and I'd be happy to discuss everything with you in more detail.

Regards

Trev
Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Noswizard
As you know I have my own forum and I do my best to avoid putting a ban on anyone by doing what I can to educate them first - as you have tried to do here.
Over approx. a 15 year period I've only had to ban three people who 'thought' they had nothing to learn (BIG MISTAKE) and 'thought' they knew better than I did, despite the fact that they were ONLY end user and had no first hand R&D experience, never mind the 30+ years I've dedicated to nitrous SPECIFIC R&D.

Obviously I don't know what was said by the person you put a ban on but I'd guess it was provoked by the confusion on the thread and now that's been cleared up (I HOPE), it might be worth giving it a 2nd thought, as you never know when someone might have something worthwhile to post - just a thought.

Regards

Trev

PS. Would you allow me to mention my forum web link please, as that would help to educate anyone who wants further knowledge on nitrous?
Regardless of the content of the argument/discussion, a violation to our TOU has been made. I, as an admin, am here to enforce the rules, which led me to make the decision that I did. Anyway, I've already made the proposition to the guy so all he needs to do is respond. I don't ban unless it's due to a blatant breach of our TOU.

And accordingly to our TOU, which states that any links (or similar) to competing forums aren't allowed. I don't see how your forum/site is in any way competing directly with ours, so of course you can share links.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM
madwi

Heres the link to the WON forum. A wealth of info for beginners to long time users.
http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/

*edit* Be sure to check out the race wins-road kills section, lots of really great cars to check out!

Last edited by madwi; 05-04-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
carlos305

Gears matter because that's what changes how fast the RPM climbs, yes?

And nitrous (not NOS, which is a brand) is constant for the most part. Of course you can get progressive controllers and whatever to change the rate, but that's not what's being asked here. Thus, no need for discussing accessories.

You go ahead and empty 2 bottles of nitrous on an otherwise stock engine and see what happens.

A lot of people seem to use that BS as an excuse. What does me being an admin (which has to do with upkeep of the forum) have anything to do with my posting in the nitrous section? People only say that when they got nothing better to say.

Let's think logically for a second and hypothetically. You go from 3000 RPM to 5000 RPM in 5 seconds in 3rd gear and 10 grams of nitrous is added every second. That means approximately 50 grams of nitrous was used between 3000 RPM and 5000 RPM in 3rd, yes? Now, you go from 3K to 5K in 5th gear in 10 seconds and same 10 grams of nitrous is added every second again. In which gear, was more nitrous added? The answer is 5th gear, by 50 grams more than 3rd gear.

Nitrous kits don't vary their injection rate based on RPM, thus it IS constant. Turbos and supers spool and are driven by belts (which is not constant), thus it varies. You compared turbos/supers to nitrous, which is just plain retarded. The only thing they have in common is the fact that they're a type of forced induction. The second you compared nitrous to other types of FI, you failed.

BTW, who the hell sprays in 5th and 6th in the real world? If you're not winning by 4th gear, you've lost. Accept the loss and move on. Nobody thinks "maybe if I spray in 5th, I'll magically win the race!" Also, I do know that tunes matter. However, tunes don't change the fact that nitrous injection rate is still a constant. Tunes only adjust the engine components, not nitrous rates.

Seriously, logically my posts make more sense than yours. Rather than saying "waaaaaaahh you're an admin and you can't do that!" Why don't you tell me exactly why nitrous is ok to spray in 5th and 6th? That is, if you're capable of having an intelligent conversation rather than just stating that it's ok without proof, try it.
i had forgotten that i had made this thread and today i came back and saw it, i just finished reading all four pages and i have one question regarding the section i bolded in your post , does that mean the 1st gear can be sprayed as it goes by just as fast (or faster) then 2-4th?

BTW i do have an rpm window switch.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Noswizard

Regardless of the content of the argument/discussion, a violation to our TOU has been made. I, as an admin, am here to enforce the rules, which led me to make the decision that I did. Anyway, I've already made the proposition to the guy so all he needs to do is respond. I don't ban unless it's due to a blatant breach of our TOU.

And accordingly to our TOU, which states that any links (or similar) to competing forums aren't allowed. I don't see how your forum/site is in any way competing directly with ours, so of course you can share links.
Many thanks for allowing a link and please be assured I was in no way questioning your position on this matter, just trying to smooth things over.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Noswizard

Originally Posted by carlos305
i had forgotten that i had made this thread and today i came back and saw it, i just finished reading all four pages and i have one question regarding the section i bolded in your post , does that mean the 1st gear can be sprayed as it goes by just as fast (or faster) then 2-4th?

BTW i do have an rpm window switch.
As with most things in life there are pros and cons to consider.
Whilst its a lower gear which means the engine is under less load (assuming the launch is carried out correctly) and the rpm rise time is quicker/shorter, there are still 'issues' that need to be kept in mind when using nitrous in 1st.

The most important thing to avoid is launching in such a way, that the engine bogs either just before or soon AFTER you've fired the nitrous, because that is very likely to cause one or all of the following;
1) Broken piston/s
2) Blown head gasket
3) A major backfire which would destroy your induction system

The 2nd most important issue is at the other end of the rpm scale, where it is important to avoid having the nitrous activated if you run in to the limiter (which is far more likely in 1st) and especially if you get greedy with the power.
A correctly set up rpm window switch will prevent the high rpm issue and would help to reduce the risk of a motor bog issue but that could still be possible even with the rpm window switch, especially if you want to make the best of what nitrous has to offer.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Noswizard

If it's not taking advantage of your kindness, I thought your members would be particularly interested in the following thread, especially the last post, because progressive control was not greeted with much enthusiasm on this thread (correctly so when linked to other brands of nitrous kits), so this customers experience should enlighten people to what can be achieved when nitrous products are designed correctly;

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/view...t=4063&start=0

If you are unhappy with me posting this link, please accept my apology.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

You don't have to keep asking me for any permission. However, I do greatly appreciate the fact that you seem to be genuinely interested in informing others about various aspects of nitrous.

You're free to post whatever you feel is necessary to inform the other members about nitrous. That is, as long as you stay within the boundaries set by our TOU, you're good to go. For the most part, that just means that you're not directly pushing your products with the intent of obtaining more sales. Links to information/knowledge shared on other forums are perfectly fine.

TOU is can be accessed here:
https://my350z.com/forum/faq.php?faq...q_terms_of_use
Old 05-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Noswizard

You don't have to keep asking me for any permission. However, I do greatly appreciate the fact that you seem to be genuinely interested in informing others about various aspects of nitrous.

You're free to post whatever you feel is necessary to inform the other members about nitrous. That is, as long as you stay within the boundaries set by our TOU, you're good to go. For the most part, that just means that you're not directly pushing your products with the intent of obtaining more sales. Links to information/knowledge shared on other forums are perfectly fine.
Thanks again for accommodating my posts. It's a VERY FINE line I have to tread when trying to give others the benefit of my extensive knowledge and most other forums fail to appreciate that.

In order to point out the deficiency of a main stay concept (like braided hose or generic solenoids), the only point of reference I can compare them to is my own products, because nobody else uses anything different. In doing so I'm often unfairly accused of promoting my products rather than providing invaluable knowledge FREE, for the forum members who want to learn and that usually brings about a premature end to my involvement on most forums.
What they all fail to realise is that the knowledge I have is UNIQUE and has cost me $1,000,000s to accumulate, so a modest amount of exposure for my company is a VERY SMALL price to pay to have access to it.

However, as we seem to have covered everything and as there seems to be nobody trying to maintain an unrealistic position on the subject, I think my job here is done (at least for now), so unless any questions crop up in the next few days, I'll thank you once again and leave you to keep up the informed good work.

Best regards

Trevor Langfield.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I'm genuinely grateful to have you join our forum just to answer some of our questions here. It's not often that we see something like that.

I hope you continue to make small visits often to see how things are in the nitrous forum of My350Z.com. And while I do realize that it may be a difficult task to seem like you're giving a neutral and unbiased opinion on certain things (due to things being the way they are), do keep in mind that as somebody who has more knowledge on the subject than most others here, your words are still deemed invaluable. Plus, I would think that most of us can see for ourselves and make the proper judgment, if you were to visit with the sole intent of pushing your own products.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:12 AM
nissansource

progressive shot FOR THE WIN ahhhh the secret is out lol jk
Old 05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Noswizard

I'm genuinely grateful to have you join our forum just to answer some of our questions here. It's not often that we see something like that.

I hope you continue to make small visits often to see how things are in the nitrous forum of My350Z.com. And while I do realize that it may be a difficult task to seem like you're giving a neutral and unbiased opinion on certain things (due to things being the way they are), do keep in mind that as somebody who has more knowledge on the subject than most others here, your words are still deemed invaluable. Plus, I would think that most of us can see for ourselves and make the proper judgment, if you were to visit with the sole intent of pushing your own products.
All very much appreciated and my life would be so much easier if more people were as understanding.

I'll try and call back now and again but if there's ever a situation that you'd like an unbiased and experienced opinion on to avoid a thread leading to conflict, then please feel free to contact me either via my forum or by email to wizard@noswizard.com

All the best

Trevor Langfield
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 AM
wizard

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out my WON installation here mate (if you have not done so already): https://my350z.com/forum/nitrous-oxi...s-install.html

I've tried to document as much as I can for the benefit of Zed owners.