Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default NANO 4500 psi Kit

Here is what comes with the kit:

Actual Bottle:

Compared to a 10lb bottle:

Anti-reversion valve. Prevents nitrous entering the NANO kit, but allows the NANO kit to enter nitrous bottle:

Mounts, allows you to mount through the bottle brackets:

How it would look:

A temperature sticker, when its green, good to go, red, no go.

Sticker on my bottle:

A couple stickers:

Instruction Manual, pretty easy to understand:

Open/Close handle

Connects to the top, has a seal on it:

How it looks together:

Fill Port. This is where you get it filled, make sure you don't fill it anywhere else or it might mess up the regulator:

Braided SS line, the npt side connects to the NANO and the AN side to the nitrous.

Anything that needs to be screwed on has thread sealant on it already:

Bottle and SS line together:

Your bottle should have an accessory port on it. Some do, some don't so make sure you check, nano sells a universal valve that you can replace yours if you don't have a port:

Here is how i connected mine, it will still allow me to check the nitrous pressure without having to open the bottle. It will give me the right reading as long as the nano isn't open either, it might hinder the performance a little bit, but i would really like to see my nitrous pressure without having to open the bottle. what do you guys think?

How it looks like on:

Final Product:

Will have installed pics later. Sorry this write up sucks, just didn't feel like doing it, lol. Can't think or anything. If you have any questions though, I will answer to the best of my ability. I can take more pictures of it if you guys want, just let me know. Thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Hostetler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man...Are you gonna be able to do a stealth mount with that setup?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
BakaN20

Originally Posted by Hostetler
Looks good man...Are you gonna be able to do a stealth mount with that setup?
Yes, it fits great in the glove box, I will take pictures tomorrow when I mount it.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:31 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Damn, that's exactly how I want my set up to look like. I'm so jealous.

I'm guessing this replaces the bottle heater and the need to refill your regular 10 lbs bottle.

Does the NANO system constantly fill the regular nitrous bottle at a steady rate somehow? Also, where would you get the NANO kit refilled?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
BakaN20

This replaces the heater. What it does is the empty space in the bottle is filled with hpa (high pressure air) or nitrogen, doesn't matter what you fill it with. It allows you to use your whole bottle now, since the hpa is pushing on the nitrous. This is somewhat like a push system where something high pressure is pushing the nitrous out of the bottle, but this is better since it is regulated. It is 1050 psi when closed, and as soon as the n20 bottle is opened it will drop down to 950 psi and remain that way. So your nitrous pressure stays constant the entire time since the regulator will continue to fill the n20 bottle with its hpa, the empty space in the n20 bottle gets replaced, so there is always pressure on your n20. This can work as an n20 contents indicator also, it was something like, when your psi in the nano reaches to 1000psi, you are almost out, or something like that, i will have to check again. You can get these filled with either nitrogen or high pressure air, don't use co2. They can be filled at any scuba shop, fire department, some paintball shops. As long as they can fill up to 4500 psi. Nano also has a more cost effective kit and a little easier to fill, it is their 3000 psi kit. It is cheaper and finding a place to fill up to 3000 psi should be easier, the only downfall is that it is bigger than the 4500 psi kit. On the nano website, there are a couple good articles about it. I might fill my nitrous and nano to test it out, i am not sure yet, lol, leaving the country in 2 weeks for a couple months, so i won't have a chance to use up the rest of the nitrous.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:40 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Damn, I'm so envious of your set up. Like I said, that is exactly how I want my set up to be like. And that includes the pressure gauge set up, because I always hated filling up the lines to find out the bottle pressure.

Since you'll be out of the country for a few months in 2 weeks, I could test out the system for you in the meantime and give you an honest review.

How much did everything cost you and how much to fill up your NANO to 4500psi?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:12 AM
absurdparadox

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Curious, I wonder if NHRA rules require a blow-down on the NANO bottle.

Let us know how it performs! I'm seriously considering this myself. Maybe for next year, though. A bit tapped out after the full kit + wheels and tires!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
BakaN20

If I didn't have everything installed already, i might have taken you up on your offer, lol, jk.

From what I am told, it should only be a couple bucks to fill up with hpa or nitrogen.

I am not sure if requires a blow down tube, i will have to ask. Here is their nhra certificate just in case anyone was worried about passing tech:

The earliest I could do an actual test would be next spring, but for now, i can probably fill up the bottle and nano and just purge the hell out of it and see if there is any pressure drop. That should be a decent indicator. That would also be the fastest, most wasteful $50-70 dollars I would spend. I'll post pics of the install in a bit.

Last edited by BakaN20; 06-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
BakaN20

Here it is. It fits fine in the glove box, just a little playing around with, have to figure out whats the best way to get everything in and out, it was a little annoying but it works. Sorry it is such a mess in there, been removing wires and stuff.

Here my glove box closed

I am not sure if I will continue with my peltier setup to cool the nitrous bottle, i'll see if i can figure an easy way to do it. So with NANO, instead of fighting cold, you will be fighting heat, but since it is in the glove box, i don't think it will be too much of a problem, but I will use a peltier unit just in case. I forgot the reason why you want it to be cool instead of hot. I got to figure out how to mount it with a metal band and a way to make it easy to put on and off.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
biggersNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ it fits nice and snugg. good work
Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I guess you would "fight the heat" because higher temp means higher pressure inside the NANO/bottle, which means you'll get more flowrate. And since the NANO contents are under high pressure, you're not going to be hindered by low pressure issues.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
BakaN20

I asked nano and here is what they said:
No it does not require a blow down tube. The pressure in the nano bottle does not vary.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I don't understand how that's even possible. How does the pressure not vary at all? If we look at the IGL (PV=nRT), for simplicity's sake, you'll see that if temperature goes up then pressure should also go up as volume is a constant for this instance.

Anyway, so does the NANO bottle "trickle fill" the bottle constantly until it reaches a preset pressure in the bottle? Or, do you manually have to turn the **** on the NANO to refill the bottle and turn it off yourself?

If the latter, is there an automatic opener type device for the NANO or is it strictly manual?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:21 PM
BakaN20

I can answer the second part, lol. From what I have read, you can keep the nano open all the time if you want, so the bottle pressure will always be the same, or you can keep it closed and open it up when you feel like it. So you have to manually turn the **** on and off, but there is no problem keeping it open. There was suppose to be something in the works as an automatic opener, but there has been no news of it.

I am wondering now though, since the nano replaces the empty space in the nitrous bottle to keep it at 1050psi, if i close the nano up, the empty space is still occupied by the nano, so my nitrous pressure gauge should still read 1050psi, correct? I wanted to use the n20 gauge to determine the temperature of the bottle, but since it will always read 1050psi, it wouldn't work, unless its extreme cold or hot, right?

Bottle Temp °F Bottle Pressure (psi)
-30 167
-20 203
-10 240
0 283
10 335
20 387
32 460
40 520
50 590
60 675
70 760
80 865
85 950
97 1069

http://www.nitroussupply.com/bottletemp.php
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Well, hpa (high pressure air) or nitrous oxide is predominantly comprised of nitrogen, so there should be no difference between "nano gas" and nitrous oxide. At least that's how I understood things when I was researching into the NANO system. If you still have to get your regular bottle refilled along with the NANO, then my theory makes slightly less sense (concept below should still apply, though).

With your current set up, your pressure gauge will show 1050 as long as the NANO is still connected and open. Of course, once you begin spraying, I would assume that the regular nitrous bottle pressure could dip as low as 950 (depending on how big of a shot you're spraying and how fast the NANO system can play catch up and refill the emptying bottle).

Another thing with the NANO system is that since it's what dictates the nitrous bottle pressure, the climate shouldn't affect your bottle pressure. If it's too cold, then the NANO would compensate for the pressure loss. If it's too hot, then purge a little to get the pressure down to optimum level and at that point, the NANO should keep it relatively steady also. Of course, the NANO was designed with the anti-reverse valve or whatever so the pressure between the two systems shouldn't equalize.

BTW, what you have listed for the bottle temp vs bottle pressure is relative. There are other factors that could hinder your pressure estimation even if accurate temperature was obtained. I'd stick with the pressure gauge for practicality, for monitoring bottle pressure during climate changes, and for bottle pressure changes during nitrous use.

Keep in mind that I'm posting without a firsthand knowledge but with mere logic.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:11 PM
twitch579

You have to keep the N20 bottle cool because the N20 turns to gas at around 85 degrees and the HPA cant push on it.

I was really into this kit when it became available and had my credit card in hand.....Untill they told me I had to keep the bottle under 85 degrees for it to work. And the fact that the HPA bottle has to be filled along with the N20 bottle. So thats 2 trips a week to fill 2 bottles.

I live in Florida and thats just not possible...well maybe in December.

Awesome concept though and im sure the power is awesome with that constant pressure.

Last edited by twitch579; 09-26-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:28 PM
BakaN20

3hree, your post is too long and gave me a headache, i'll read it next time, lol

I am making a peltier junction setup to cool the nitrous, it will be interesting, basically reverse of a bottle heater, but i will attach it to the same switch, lol.

I don't spray a lot, but to use up the entire contents of an n20 bottle, its saving you a lot of trips having to fill up a half bottle all the time, at least thats what i tell myself.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

interesting
Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM
twitch579

I heater will allow you to use 85% of whats in the bottle.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM
BakaN20

Here's a little update geared towards the NANO system.

I bought this fitting to replace the one I had, since the one on there makes it long and not pretty:

Compared to the original

Valve added to the new fitting. You can imagine how long it was with the original fitting

Here is the original setup:

The final outcome:

Here is the original:

Another update:

Originally, I was planning to use a peltier setup. I still plan to do this, but I wanted to add something else, not because it was needed, just thought it would be neat:

A 220mm Fan:

Will have installed pictures eventually, and will get to the peltier system....eventually also, lol. I also received a "cooling blanket" from NANO, its basically a cover you put in the freezer that you can wrap around the bottle to keep it cool, will post pics of that eventually.

Quick Reply: NANO 4500 psi Kit