Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:51 PM
cyberz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

Hey guys, I ordered my NX Wet kit system, complete with warmer, gauge, opener, and purge. I also ordered the NGK 1 step colder plugs. I tried to order the last bit of what I needed to install this sytem, which is the adaptor from spx kent moore. But after talking to them today, they said they couldn't get me that part until the end of December. I'm kind of impatient when it comes to things like this. Does anyone know if I can get the part anywhere else? And if there isn't anywhere else I can get the part, is there any other reliable way to tap the fuel for the nitrous setup. Thanks guys.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Conceyted

Default Re: Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

Originally posted by cyberz350
Hey guys, I ordered my NX Wet kit system, complete with warmer, gauge, opener, and purge. I also ordered the NGK 1 step colder plugs. I tried to order the last bit of what I needed to install this sytem, which is the adaptor from spx kent moore. But after talking to them today, they said they couldn't get me that part until the end of December. I'm kind of impatient when it comes to things like this. Does anyone know if I can get the part anywhere else? And if there isn't anywhere else I can get the part, is there any other reliable way to tap the fuel for the nitrous setup. Thanks guys.
Not to hijack, but what size shot you planning on running? I am gonna be doing this in the near future....
Old 11-06-2003, 02:12 PM
alex30327

I had to wait a month for my SPX kent-moore adaptor as well. I would recommend to just wait for it and do the install right the first time. One good thing is that it came in the mail about two weeks ahead of schedule, so I think SPX kent-moore is being very conservative in thier delivery times.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:15 PM
cyberz350

*sigh* I was hoping that wasn't the answer I was going to get. There's got to be some place else that sells this freaking adaptor though.

As for the shot, I'll start low and work my way up like everyone else. But I'll probably end up around 100 or 125.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Conceyted

*sigh* I was hoping that wasn't the answer I was going to get. There's got to be some place else that sells this freaking adaptor though.

As for the shot, I'll start low and work my way up like everyone else. But I'll probably end up around 100 or 125.
I am thinking of the following mods....
-Test Pipes
-A K&N drop in filter
-A wet kit setup as stated above, or possibly a full out direct port. [As stealth as possible (bottle hidden in the sub compartment behind the drivers seat) and the install under the hood placed out of view.)]

Would I be running into problems going with a 75-100 shot? Or should this be able to be handled perfectly?
Old 11-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Darin

They were a week or two ahead of the scheduled backorder date when I ordered mine. Just a note though, check the o-ring they supply with it and compare it to that on your fuel dampener. Mine was slightly smaller and had a loose fit into the fuel rail, and sure enough the darn thing leaked fuel. I went to the nissan dealer and got the same o-ring used for the fuel dampener and put that on instead, worked great.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:14 AM
cyberz350

I see people handling a 125-150 shot perfectly. It's all in how you get it tuned and how you spray. I'll let you know how it goes with my kit.

Originally posted by Conceyted
I am thinking of the following mods....
-Test Pipes
-A K&N drop in filter
-A wet kit setup as stated above, or possibly a full out direct port. [As stealth as possible (bottle hidden in the sub compartment behind the drivers seat) and the install under the hood placed out of view.)]

Would I be running into problems going with a 75-100 shot? Or should this be able to be handled perfectly?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:14 AM
02trex

SPX KentMore actually makes the adapter for sale to dealers so that checks can be made for proper fuel pressure. They have a kit available that includes a pressure gauge as well as the adapter; it's pricey, but you may want to check on it (J44321 -?suffix).

Also, if you happen to know a service tech at a Nissan or Infiniti dealership, they may be able to get their hands on one for you.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:32 PM
alex30327

I got the SPX fuel adapter, and mine leaks like all helll! I even went to the dealership today to get new O-rings to put on it. I got the right O-rings, and the damn thing still leaks very badly! I didn't do anything wrong? Either I got a bad adapter (does not look like it is smooth inside, hence causing a leak). If you guys are using this, be careful and make sure you check for leaks often.

Does anyone have some sugestions? I am thinking that I will have to find another way to tap into the fuel line.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Darin

Can you tell where it is leaking from? I assume you've installed an NPT fitting with teflon paste or similar thread sealing compound.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:07 PM
CaLiFoRnIaZ

Default Re: Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

All you need is a aircraft grade T adaptor with compression fittings. Any speed shop around where you live has them. Mine leaked until I got compression fittings, kinda like the brass pressure fitting you gonna need for your purge kit.......................if you dont, bye bye hose when you hit the purge at a 1000 psi.
Attached Thumbnails Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...-350z.jpg  

Last edited by CaLiFoRnIaZ; 11-17-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:09 PM
alex30327

Originally posted by Darin
Can you tell where it is leaking from? I assume you've installed an NPT fitting with teflon paste or similar thread sealing compound.

Its leaking between the bottom of the adapter and the base of the damper, or in other words the very bottom
Old 11-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Darin

I think that is where mine originally leaked until I got the new O-ring. With the old one the adapter pushed in fairly loosely, and with the new O-ring I had to firmly press it in.

Last edited by Darin; 11-17-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:28 PM
alex30327

Originally posted by Darin
I think that is where mine originally leaked until I got the new O-ring. With the old one the adapter pushed in fairly loosely, and with the new O-ring I had to firmly press it in.
I tried with new O-rings (got 4 of them), and it still leaks?
Old 11-18-2003, 06:08 AM
alex30327

Here is a pic to show where my adapter is leaking. The leak is coming from the area inside the blue box. I checked my part number and it is the correct one and looks just like the one in this pic that I borrowed from the Big Bad Nitrous post. Apparently the adapter does not fit my car very well. I got the SPX J-44321-4 adapter. Its seems that the end of the adapter that goes into the damper base is just too short to create a proper seal. maybe I should try to put two or three O-rings on the adaprter to stop the gushing leak.

Attached Thumbnails Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...-im000150.jpg  
Old 11-18-2003, 06:21 AM
cyberz350

Default Re: Re: Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

Originally posted by CaLiFoRnIaZ
All you need is a aircraft grade T adaptor with compression fittings. Any speed shop around where you live has them. Mine leaked until I got compression fittings, kinda like the brass pressure fitting you gonna need for your purge kit.......................if you dont, bye bye hose when you hit the purge at a 1000 psi.
Whats the difference between compression fittings and regular fittings? Do you have pictures?

Alex30327
I wish I could help bro, but I'm going to be doing the install myself soon. Let me know how it goes.

Also, whats the part number for the o ring you guys are getting, are you sure its the right one? Just guessing??
Old 11-18-2003, 07:58 AM
alex30327

Default Re: Re: Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

Originally posted by CaLiFoRnIaZ

Do you have any pics of an aircraft grade T adaptor with Compression fitting. Or even better do you have a part number or a link to where I can buy one?
Old 11-18-2003, 08:00 AM
alex30327

Default Re: Re: Re: Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...

Whats the difference between compression fittings and regular fittings? Do you have pictures?

Alex30327
I wish I could help bro, but I'm going to be doing the install myself soon. Let me know how it goes.

Also, whats the part number for the o ring you guys are getting, are you sure its the right one? Just guessing??
Part number for O-rings is (16618-10V10). It was ~$5 for 4 of them.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:41 PM
02trex

FYI - I have had no issues with leaks, but I did not use those white pieces that are around your 2 screws. The pieces may be too long and are not allowing the screws to go deep enough to create a good seal. Try the install using only the screws and see what happens.

Last edited by 02trex; 11-19-2003 at 02:12 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
alex30327

Originally posted by 02trex
FYI - I have had no issues with leaks, but I did not use those white pieces that are around your 2 screws. The pieces may be too long and are not allowing the screws to go deep enough to create a good seal. Try the install using only the crews and see what happens.
Thats not a pic of my setup. I did use the white things with mine. Still having problems. I might try using 2 o-rings .

Quick Reply: Adaptor for Fuel tap, nitrous...