Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 07:53 AM
etx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dudes. Come see my car at the High School nationals!

Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 PM
zlessnomore

Did any one else hear the story about the chili at Wendy's in California today?
A woman was eating a cup of their chili and found a finger in it, fully cooked and all.
No one has been reported as missing a finger in any of thier suppliers so I was wondering if the whole person got cut up and that is just the first thing to show up?
Finger food anyone?
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
JonathanAboona

LOUSY SERVICE AT DICK SCOTT
I hear all of you raving about dick scott being the best z dealer in the area so I go there friday to get these things fixed; window motor, bose radio system, rattles, feathering and alignment. the original plan was to wait there and have them do all that which he said he could do in a few hours but i decided to get the ding in my door fixed at the same time so I had a friend drive me home. he said as soon as he was done he would send it over to dick scott collision. tuesday rolls around and it finally gets to dick scott collision so now with that delay i wouldnt be able to get my ding fixed by today(good friday) and I needed it for the weekend so I said i would pick it up friday and bring it back tuesday to fix the ding. Everything seems to be fine until I get to the collision shop to find my car UNLOCKED with my mp3 player sitting in plain sight along with the bag of z shirts. Im upset but whatever nothing got stolen. Then I began to pull out and am eager to have a quiet ride again NOPE nothing was fixed. radio broke window broke tires not replaced alignment doubtfully done rattle still there. I was like thinking i was imagining this at first until I saw the Dick Scott questionare in my visor asking how my service was. I have no idea what happend but all I konw is that I got the call tuesday saying that my car was completed and now being transfered to the collision shop in plymouth. 5 business days in the shop and nothing to show for it. I forgot who said it before but they need to have 1 or 2 dealers who speicalize in the 350z. The owners dont tolerate this kind of treatment and I dont know if its just me but whenver someoen drives my car when im not in it, when i get behind the wheel after it feels like everything is screwed up
Either way I better get something out of this, a free detail job or something. Total lack of professionalism.

My only guess is that they did all this stuff to the wrong z. Someone is a happy customer out there with some fresh tires

Last edited by JonathanAboona; 03-25-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:48 AM
mzack

Sorry to hear sbout that. I would call them up to see what happened. Thats not the norm for them.

Anyway, I was talking with Zlessnomore and we want a meet next Saturday in the afternoon. 3 or 4. Who is up for it?
Old 03-26-2005, 03:10 PM
zlessnomore

I think we all should get out and have some fun!! Why not if it does hit 60 this week, I for one am not sitting around the house waiting for warmer weather to get here! Some figure out were and when and I know why already and I will be there!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
zlessnomore

For you future Dragon slayers, there are 94 rooms and cabins booked for zdayz. Double almost of last years at this time!!!!!!! Needless to say it will be one big Z event. I think the final count for the BBQ dinner is going to be in the neighborhood of 225 people or close to it.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:24 AM
etx

Yeah, Ron dosen't work at Dick Scott coll anymore and he was awsome. Perhaps it's gone down the tubes since he left, I dunno. My buddy just took his mercedes in there cause he rear ended someone and he didn't have any complaints.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 AM
mdacko

i can probably meet this saturday. but i heard its supposed to dip back down into the 40's this weekend

these new icons we have are great!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
zlessnomore

So if the weather holds are we for Saturday??? And than the next question is were?
And than who will show up?? But we all know why.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:15 PM
MySunset350Z

lol. thats a lot to be asking zless. i wont be able to make it. im aiming for late may early june.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:52 AM
mzack

Part of my body kit arrived yesterday. Very high quality based on what I have so far. I plan to do the install this week. Starting tonight.

I would like to have a meet but the weather is looking bad for Saturday 41 degrees for the high. I don't know if it is worth it. I will consider it but I would like it to be in the 60s so we can enjoy the outside.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:30 PM
MySunset350Z

mike, what body kit did you get? i havent been keeping up with posts lately.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:50 PM
zlessnomore

Originally Posted by MySunset350Z
lol. thats a lot to be asking zless. i wont be able to make it. im aiming for late may early june.
And what are you doing that you have to wait that long to bring out the Z? Am just wondering mind you and if it is good than I know that it will be worth the wait!!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Spartan1510

Originally Posted by JonathanAboona
SERVICE AT DICK SCOTT
Jon,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I stopped by Dick Scott today, and service was top notch, as usual. Can't speak for the collision shop, but the guys at the service shop are great. Good luck in the future.

Grant
Spartan1510
Old 03-30-2005, 07:08 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally Posted by zlessnomore
And what are you doing that you have to wait that long to bring out the Z? Am just wondering mind you and if it is good than I know that it will be worth the wait!!
lol, unlike most of you. my z never went into storage. only for a few days here n there when we had a lot of snowfall. i wont be getting anything untill i get my engine problems fixed.

i was backed into newyears eve though. had some front bumper damage. $530 worth deep scratches. already got the money from his insurance but im waiting for the weather to heat up a bit before i fix it. needed a new bumper ne way.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:05 AM
zlessnomore

Well than ok it sure will be good to get your front end fixed than!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:45 PM
etx

Hey Chadi, sorry I haven't got back to you. Did you take the Z into the shop?

I've been super busy with the new job and getting the eclipse ready for the track. I installed a standalone ems, now I'm writing my own software for it and I still need to finish the exhaust systems im building so I can buy halfshafts and a good clutch. My stage 3 clutch is slipping at full boost, which sucks as cool as it is. I'm also looking for a shop to rent, so mabye we can have some meets at my shop and work on our Z's this summer!

Too bad about the craptacular weather this weekend, Milan opens on Sat!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Maizzze

Talking new Z owner

Just took delivery of an Ultra Yellow Enth. We had a Z33 in for benchmarking where I work and I couldn't sleep the night after driving it for the first time... of course, I'm sure that's a pretty common reaction to a drive in the Z.

Anyway, just thought I'd see what other Z owners in the Detroit area were up to. I'm still looking for winding roads without potholes the size of my car (a tall order in Michigan) so let me know where some good drives are.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:26 AM
mzack

I have a great spot out by Pinkney. I will get the name of the road an PM you. It would be fun to drive it again. I may have to go out there soon.

Your first post. Welcome to Z land.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:04 AM
mickey

Originally Posted by Maizzze
Just took delivery of an Ultra Yellow Enth. We had a Z33 in for benchmarking where I work and I couldn't sleep the night after driving it for the first time... of course, I'm sure that's a pretty common reaction to a drive in the Z.

Anyway, just thought I'd see what other Z owners in the Detroit area were up to. I'm still looking for winding roads without potholes the size of my car (a tall order in Michigan) so let me know where some good drives are.
Welcome to the club. I'll be looking for you on the road (Ultra Yellow stands out from the crowd).

Rgd,
mike

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3