Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Datona Jess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sig11
Hey AJ, did you go with 275/30R19 and 305/30R19 RE11s on your 370? I'm not entirely sure what sizes to look at for the sport rays wheels...
Lee,
Yeah man I saw that people are running that
I can't believe the rears don't rub under hard turning, but hey they look BA.

The Rays will hold them, they have a huge lip and people have thrown bigger on them. I wouldn't but thats me...I drive a bit different then the average enthusiast
I say get them man..your car would look uber sexy...

Though you would be adding weight, and a TON of contact patch.
You will gain a decent amount of paracitic loss, however...

You will be able to turn harder, faster and MASH the pedal MUCH quicker out of or even mid turn ( your discresion of course)...

I say give them a shot what you gotta lose?
-AJ

Mike-Dude you gotta try to make it to something, I think I am the only one still on here that actually knows you..hahaha

Last edited by Datona Jess; 07-09-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:56 AM
MikeNT256

I hear that Aj, seriously. I don't think i've seen Mike (used to have the black 350z with the straight exhaust?) or you since that one meet in Milford, or that other meet at Oakland College. I think that's where we all met Jonny for the first time when he bought his Lemans Sunset Z and was talking about TT-ing it.

You guys know any good professional home heating/cooling guys? My A/C started acting up on me last night and the lines were frozen up. I bought the house last year, don't know where to start looking on checking on the system as a whole. It has an electronic air filtration system that sounds like a bug zapper, and lately it's been zapping a whole lot. My guess is the filter is clogged but I pulled both filter cells out and they didn't look dirty at all.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 AM
lbk16

AJ, you and I need to meet up so we can try and buff out a couple of those scratches on your 370.

Lee, I dunno 305s seem really wide...I know I have a 350 and all, but I can barely overdrive (and I push it hard) my 245s. I too have thought about more tire, but I don't think it will help me all that much. I would tell you to stick with stock sizes and try out the RE-11s. The change in grip was HUGE when I switched from the stock RE040s to the Direzza Z1 Star Specs. Just my opinion. The conventional wisdom is to drive the car as fast/hard as possible stock, then upgrade from there.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:01 AM
ivansz

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
I hear that Aj, seriously. I don't think i've seen Mike (used to have the black 350z with the straight exhaust?) or you since that one meet in Milford, or that other meet at Oakland College. I think that's where we all met Jonny for the first time when he bought his Lemans Sunset Z and was talking about TT-ing it.

You guys know any good professional home heating/cooling guys? My A/C started acting up on me last night and the lines were frozen up. I bought the house last year, don't know where to start looking on checking on the system as a whole. It has an electronic air filtration system that sounds like a bug zapper, and lately it's been zapping a whole lot. My guess is the filter is clogged but I pulled both filter cells out and they didn't look dirty at all.
i think you have winter filters on ur A/C. I know this guy i been dealing with him for 5 years, he does a great job 248-240-5534 ask for Peter.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:08 AM
MikeNT256

Winter Filters? Hmm.. I wouldn't really know. A lot of this is new to me.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 AM
ivansz

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Winter Filters? Hmm.. I wouldn't really know. A lot of this is new to me.
I had the same problem and the guy at home depot told me to change my filter and the A/C is working fine now. Call that guy and tell him whats happening with your A/C he might be able to tell you whats the problem.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 AM
sig11

Originally Posted by lbk16
Lee, I dunno 305s seem really wide...I know I have a 350 and all, but I can barely overdrive (and I push it hard) my 245s. I too have thought about more tire, but I don't think it will help me all that much. I would tell you to stick with stock sizes and try out the RE-11s. The change in grip was HUGE when I switched from the stock RE040s to the Direzza Z1 Star Specs. Just my opinion. The conventional wisdom is to drive the car as fast/hard as possible stock, then upgrade from there.
I was thinking about the 305s just because they're only about $30 more than the 275s. 'course if I stick with stock (RE050A) I would probably just buy rears which would save like $600. :P Maybe I'll just do that...
Old 07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by sig11
I was thinking about the 305s just because they're only about $30 more than the 275s. 'course if I stick with stock (RE050A) I would probably just buy rears which would save like $600. :P Maybe I'll just do that...
I agree with Lee's comment about sticking to stock sizes. Definitely upgrade to RE-11's if you can.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
sig11

Originally Posted by mekatoka
I agree with Lee's comment about sticking to stock sizes. Definitely upgrade to RE-11's if you can.
Oh right... I had forgotten the other reason for going to the 305 is to keep the diameter closer to the same since stock is 35% and RE11s only come in 30%.

It seems like such a shame to just throw away the front tires 'cause the back are getting used up.... thoughts on mixing different (RE-11) rears with (RE050A) fronts?

I feel like I'm asking a bunch of dumb questions, but I haven't found any good resource to answer them for myself. :P
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 AM
lbk16

I would not mix tires like that. I would just stick with another set of RE050s for the time being. I am really surprised at the lack of selection in the OE size. You could always go with PS2s - very pricey, but good tires. Did you check the 370Z forum for other options?

Last edited by lbk16; 07-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
sig11

Originally Posted by lbk16
I would not mix tires like that. I would just stick with another set of RE050s for the time being. I am really surprised at the lack of selection in the OE size. You could always go with PS2s - very pricey, but good tires. Did you check the 370Z forum for other options?
They seem to like the RE-11s too. With Hankook Ventus V12 Evo for a cheaper option. I'll probably just go with one more set of stock rears that'll probably let me use up the front tires before I get a new set.

I started turning off VDC once in a while... I'd swear the car feels different even though I very rarely make it kick in.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:30 PM
h8bumps

If anyone is interested in stopping by, I might be installing headers and an X-pipe on the vette this weekend. If they show up by Friday, I might be spending most of Saturday getting my knuckles bloody.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
AznSky

Wish I could Mike, but promised the gf I'd go to Eastern market down in Detroit that day.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Datona Jess

Damn it man if you do it Sunday I will be able to help...
You have an engine hoist?

you have to rock the motor to get the headers in....

Mike M-call me
Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
AznSky

Alright I need your guys' help.

So I actually bought the ring last night for Sarah......yeah......it was harder signing for that than my freakin car.......

But I digress (I've always wanted to say that haha). So I need to figure out how/where to pop the question. Right now my only ideas are either at a fancy restaurant (typical) or on Belle Isle at Sunset.

Let me know any ideas/places you guys recommend. Thanks!

PS ~ My car could have a greddy TT kit instead......*sigh*

Last edited by AznSky; 07-16-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

.. at Waterford Hills after a track day.

edits -
btw Rob.. Does she browse the forums? Could she?

From a woman's perspective (there is a woman looking over my shoulder) Any woman would be greatly offended by the fact that a car is an easier decision than making a commitment to your girlfriend.

You sound hesitant.. what's the hurry?

I'll gladly remove the above portion when requested.

Last edited by thekinn; 07-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:49 PM
h8bumps

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Damn it man if you do it Sunday I will be able to help...
You have an engine hoist?

you have to rock the motor to get the headers in....

Mike M-call me
When the stuff showed up today, I got a little anxious. I had to be creative to get the vette up in the air, but once I got it up on jack stands, I started to take it apart. Right now everything is off. Headers go on tomorrow.

I read up after I read your post -- I guess some of the Z06's you have to rock the motor. On the LS3 the headers should slide right in... we'll see...
Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Datona Jess

Glad everything worked out for you Mike.

I am going to go for a cruise on woodward tonight before going to a buds B-day
If anyone is out give me a call...

The place I am going is ON woodward so I willprob be cruising a bunch tonight

Mike that car is BA...holy cow it sounds so good and my god is it FAST

Last edited by Datona Jess; 07-18-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by AznSky
Alright I need your guys' help.

So I actually bought the ring last night for Sarah......yeah......it was harder signing for that than my freakin car.......

But I digress (I've always wanted to say that haha). So I need to figure out how/where to pop the question. Right now my only ideas are either at a fancy restaurant (typical) or on Belle Isle at Sunset.

Let me know any ideas/places you guys recommend. Thanks!

PS ~ My car could have a greddy TT kit instead......*sigh*
Cubic Zerconia and a Twin Turbo Kit?? J/K

Take your time, don't rush it.

The time and the place depends on what and where is special between you two. Avoid cheesey Tiger Stadium Bill Board proposals or ring in the champagne glass tricks. Sometimes it's a walk in a park that you two have enjoyed, a picnic, etc...

The most important part is that the place and time is special to you both already. The fact that you recognize a moment in the past as being so special that you want it to signify the beginning of a new future together is about as romantic as you can get.

No matter what, never propose after sex.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:54 AM
AznSky

Steve - I was just kidding. And no I don't think she reads the forums (at least I hope not).

Brian I think you're right. I've been trying to look for a nice place to take her but they would be all new places. We run in the Arb all the time so maybe I'll do it there.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3