Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Albopballer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey sunset, sweet im going to definatetly look into that INJEN intake, but im a little confused....The popcharger is also a intake correct? why would you compare it to the UR pulley, im a little confused, and if what you are saying that the popcharger's price for a ur pulley would be the better bet, should I just go with a popcharger all together..?

Thanx for the feedback!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:01 AM
MySunset350Z

the injen CAI will run you around $250 and its gong to be mainly for looks and not much power. the same goes for the popcharger but i think its only around $150 since its a short ram setup. both of them wont get you much power.

the reason why im comparing the intakes to the crank pulley is because you can get a UR crank pulley for about $130 and get a lot more bang for the buck when compared to the intake. it all depends on what you want, looks or more hp. i got the intake first. lol. nothing like shiny metal in the engine bay.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:55 AM
JonathanAboona

where do they sell those for 130 ? lowest ive seen was 194. another option is the KJR pulley

mike I called ya, my phone is messed up man.... shoot me an email, nice numbers on the dyno How was your air fuel ?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 AM
JonathanAboona

chadi what are you doing this holiday weekend coming up...... I still havent got my nitrous setup and was wondering if you would lend a hand. And also help out with the leak issue that i am having
Old 08-23-2005, 09:58 AM
MySunset350Z

i think your right jon. i got mine from a friend for $130. i forgot about that. my fault on the pricing.

my plan is to have no plans. im just putting the last touches on my re-install today. thats why im going to the strip. i dont have a dual purge anymore and the install is not stealth like the last time around but it looks sick. give me a call, we can set something up for the weekend. 3136735215. your running nx right?

toodles.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Albopballer

Hey Jonathan, My sunset, i was just wondering if these installs, the intakes, and pulley's will void my warranty on contact....and also, I appreciate both of your opinions and feedback and input. Where do you guys run your cars, the Milan Drag strip or somewhere better...? I want to run my car just to get some times, its only stock, but let me no where a good place is to go...I also wanna dyno my car before i do any upgrades...any input on pricing and where the best place is...? thanx guys
Old 08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
MySunset350Z

norwalk has a sweet strip but its 2 hours away in ohio. milan is the best option for a dragstrip. they cant void your warranty unless the issue youre having is directly related to the mod.

just got back from milan. my best from last year with a 35 shot was 13.8. today with the TC mod and this time only running a 25 shot, i pulled off consistant 13.2's. i wanted to try and beat my best of 12.6 @ 125 shot but i forgot my jets at home so i couldnt go any higher then 25. oh well.

im going to go to milan one more time before the season ends, hopefully late september. ill post here a few days ahead of time in case anyone wants to go.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:12 PM
JonathanAboona

I concur lol ohio has some sweet tracks.
If they can't prove it did it then ur fine.
Dick Scott seems to be the dealer of choice for modded Z's
where do you live man

Originally Posted by MySunset350Z
norwalk has a sweet strip but its 2 hours away in ohio. milan is the best option for a dragstrip. they cant void your warranty unless the issue youre having is directly related to the mod.

just got back from milan. my best from last year with a 35 shot was 13.8. today with the TC mod and this time only running a 25 shot, i pulled off consistant 13.2's. i wanted to try and beat my best of 12.6 @ 125 shot but i forgot my jets at home so i couldnt go any higher then 25. oh well.

im going to go to milan one more time before the season ends, hopefully late september. ill post here a few days ahead of time in case anyone wants to go.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Albopballer

Hey jonathan,

I live in Warren and I bought my Nissan From Tamaroff in Southfield, I dont no where Dick Scott is....but yea to your question Mysunset, if you hit up Milan in Sep, Let me no, Im down to see my stock Z run a down the strip for ***** and giggles.

thanx guys !
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 AM
mzack

I may goto Milan next week for a few runs. My car is running good and everything I have done tells me I'm ready to really see what it can do. So if the weather is good, I'm up for Milan next Wed. the 31st.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:26 PM
zlessnomore

Zdayz 06 is getting started this October 14th-16th at a Fall retreat planning meeting in Fontana Village. There will be a picture shoot for an 06 calander with models featuring the 350 Z yours if you want it to be, mine cause I am going to be there! Any one interested in helpping or just going let me know!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:19 PM
MySunset350Z

i think my plugs are due for a change. my engine is choppy and running super lean at idle. the ECU is throwing me a 300 code. "mutiple cylinder missfire". irridium plugs are sopposed to be good for 25k, and im only at 18k. i think its because im running rich when i spray. gotta be. either way, new plugs will be here in a few days.

Jon, give me a call tomorrow if you still want to work on your car. im free til 6pm saturday or all day sunday. whatever is better for you.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:58 PM
JonathanAboona

hey chadi i was in vegas man soorry i havent got back with you....... i was driving my beater car down to the airport 94 grand prix with hood tied down and yea the hood flew up and smacked the windshield cracking it bad..... nothing scarier than tieing a hood down on the highway with cars going 70mph past u on the shoulder. I gota fix that first b4 I can touch the Z..... School is starting for us soon but hopeuflly you will be free one weekend in the future.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Albopballer

Default Problem with my car..

Hey everyone,

Im a little puzzled right now about my car because of something that happened to me yesturday, and I wondered if anyone had this problem and know's what it could be...

Started off yesturday, on 14 mile and i was at a light, on the other side of a light there was this new RX-8, of course he saw me and started revn his engine...so like a ********, (the light has turned green), i go to a slow 5 mph roll, put my car in nuetral(i have an autostick) and rev my engine up a few times..well i completely let off the gas and all, put it back into drive to get back to driving and moving along with traffic, my car jerks, and my tires just rippped for about 3 seconds, it couldve been longer or shorter, but it felt like forever, and i mean they ripped, i have never done that, and on occasion when there is someone next to me that is revn up theirs ill of course rev up mine..but i make sure not to drop it back into Drive with me still revn, because i dont want to Nuetral slam it...well anyways, my car gets back its traction, gets back to driving, and when i go to push on the gas to go, the rpm's just ****ing skyrocket...and can't even get up to 20-25 mph, without the rpms just getting past the redline...it was weird, so i slapped the autostick over to see if that would help, when i shifted upwards, the numbers would show changing, but the car would maintain this really weird high rpm band with no more than 20-25 mph range....so i pulled over to the middle lane...completely shut off my car, putting it in park etc...waited a few seconds...checked my engine, nothing was smoking, nothing smelled...then i got back in, started upt he car, and everything was normal. Ive been driving it for a day now, almost 8 diffeerent start ups and i have no problems....i was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem..or if anyone has any idea what it could be..and if i should take it to the dealer for a checkup...

Thanx Guys!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
MySunset350Z

i had a problem of that sort when i first got my TC mod. i floored the gas pedal, lost traction and my rpms bounced a few times off of the rev limiter in first gear. then it wouldnt shift up and stuck in first. i had to pull over put the car in park before it went back normal.

it happened twice acutally and both times i was in drive and not manual mode. i've bounced off the rev limiter over 100 times in manual mode without a problem, so i think its some sort of safety feature in regular drive mode. nothing to worry about.

either way, nuetral drops are a tranny killer, even if it was accidental. be carefull.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:52 PM
zlessnomore

Was wondering if any one heard about the car show in Ann Arbor on September 24th? It is being put on by the Eng. School and should be open to all us Imports!!!!!!!
Let me know if you need info I have some! Zee you there
Old 09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Albopballer

Default Body Kit/Wintertime SeAson

Hey everyone, Im currently interested into getting a body kit for my car, most likely a kit including a front lip, side skirts, land a rear fascia/bumper grounding lid...i was wondering if these kits come prepped and painted to your color specification, or if they come prepped and Ready to paint, and if so, do any of you have any good reccomendations on some good quality professional body shops or paint shops that are known and well-respected and will do a good job and have some good pricing? if so, i would like to hear some good replies and ideas, and maybe some ideas on where to look for some good body kits....thanx

Also, off the subject, I know that wintertime is soon approaching us Michiganers, and like some and maybe not like some im storing my car from November-March, luckily I got a winter ride....with that note..I was wondering if anyone had some upcoming meets or places for a good gathering where a bunch of us could get together before White Hell, Potholes, and Painteating/chipping rocksalt hits our part of earth...I haven't met any local Z owners really, so I was hoping to check out a few others..and get some up and close ideas and meet other Z fans...I know many of us work and have school, kids, etc..etc...but I know BDUBBZ(buffalo wild wings/bw's) is always a good place to meet...the one in Utica always has people with there specialty car group* always have certain meets with their groups...but in general BW's has good food and an open atmosphere and i no there is one out on Hall Road area and many more.....I also noticed ZLESSMORE put something about a car gathering which also sounds good....Just wondering whats up and if anything is approaching...Take Care all!!

GO NOTRE DAME BABY!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
zlessnomore

Lenny were you on Ryan about 6:30pm today? I saw a silver Z going south, hit the horn but no one from the car looked. Got a nice look from the girl in the car next to me though!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
zlessnomore

Lenny you want to set up a meet let us know when and were and we will try to get there one way or another! I am going to be in the Ann Arbor car show on the 24th so maybe I will see some one there.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
zlessnomore

Jon I talked with Morris from Zdayz yesterday and he told me that he just bought one of your pullies. I was telling him about mine and the way it screams on the car. I also mentioned the fact that you said there may be a new one in the works. I told him I would ask you about it, so what is up with the new lighter weight one?

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3