Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:22 AM
mzack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Derrick,

You better get that fuel problem fixed before you trade or you may have to give them money. I can still smell fuel today. Your car must be a deisel now. hehe just kinding. Had a great time and now I am planning next years trip.

Gerry, just get a convertable and sell the mods you get from your old car after you buy it back from insurance. I know there are plenty of people that would buy a bunch of your stuff. You could even sell the engine to the tuning factory. There is opportunity for you but you need a Z - convertable Blue.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:39 AM
zlessnomore

Don't know what i will be doing but it will be something. I posted pics of car on Tech pw thread check it out and tell me if you think any one made it out of the Z!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:40 AM
zlessnomore

Thanks for all the kind words!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 AM
zlessnomore

I am glad you guys made it back safe and un Dragonized!
Old 05-22-2006, 02:33 PM
BobaFettm

haha... yah the extreme fuel is from a boost leak... figured that out at least and the technosquare is going in asap! but i have a midterm this wed... gonna be studying till then... in class now in fact lol

once the car will be all done it should be one hell of a beast! But i really am considering finding a Lotus Elise either new... or trading it to an owner of a exige for a direct trade... id get a stock exige... and they would be getting one hell of a boosted Z

I just have really fallen in love after seeing so many at the dragon...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
zlessnomore

Well boosted Yellow Z, let me know if you are going to trade or sell! The Lotus you speak of is $46,000.00 +++++ so good luck but I would consider talking to you about your Z! Good Luck
Old 05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
BobaFettm

ha... yah... but a used Exige for a fully modified 550whp 18lbs of boosted Z... is a fair trade

i probably wont be down on my Z once I get everything squared away on it... I just have begun to like the idea of a lotus for style and handling... not that the Z doesnt have those... lotus is just fantastic at autocrossing and track use...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
BobaFettm

btw Gerry... Im really really sorry about what happened... as long as your son is okay thats the main thing! A Z can be replaced!

Plus I was pumped to hanging around with You and Zack
Old 05-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Albopballer

Hey Gerry(Zless)

Sorry about your car. That sucks I never got to see it and the season was still so early b4 we could all meet and check out each other's cars.

As far as my Z, I'm also thinkn about trading her in. I've had no problems and I still love the attention it gets, but personally I just dont think its worth it, I was at the Chevy dealer by my house looking at the 06 vette's. I can't afford the Z06, but im thinking about getting the stock c6 in black or that mid pearl blue(whatever its called).

I really am digging that nissan GT-R, and that new Lincoln MK-S that is coming out in 08. Does anyone know how much the new GT-R will be priced at?

Gerry good luck to you and hopefully you get something new fresh and nice. And an angel was watchin over that tumble roll, hope all is well with that, god knows when i trip over a curb i blow out my knee. So in the end it all works out and evens out!

Lenny G.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:35 AM
JonathanAboona

gerry where are the pictures posted of your car. can you post the link ?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
zlessnomore

Originally Posted by JonathanAboona
They are on the post ***** section of 350 tech like page 108 or so. I will try it again here.
Thanks guys It was a good day for my son you will know why when you see the pics there is nothing but seat touching roof and we still cannot figure out how he even got out of it.
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-picture-077.jpg  
Old 05-23-2006, 03:45 PM
zlessnomore

Originally Posted by JonathanAboona
one more???
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-picture-073.jpg  
Old 05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
BobaFettm

jesus... I cant believe he got out of that okay...
Old 05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
zlessnomore

about three small cuts on his left hand from the glass as he was getting out is all they could find wrong with him at the ER in Bryson City a 1 hour drive away.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:09 AM
MySunset350Z

damn that looks bad. good thing he made it out ok. nice hood though. lol.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:27 PM
BobaFettm

man thread has been dead for awhile...

I was a brickyard Z at Victory a few days ago... then realized what the **** it was... its that new edition Z they have around... like brown and purple flip flop! Looked sweet from passing by it!

My Z should be all set really soon! Just needed the Technosquare Flash... UTEC reflash for new version... New power steering line that melted on a turbo lol... and finish tunes.... (5.5lbs) (10 - 12lbs) (16lbs!!)

it will be nice to have it back! and as long as it doesnt have any problems anymore it wont be trades for an elise... but any more issues its gone... I've missed WAY to much of the SCCA Season this year and its really started to grow on me... plus I'd like something thats more relaxed that I dont have to worry about every frigin day
Old 06-02-2006, 05:17 AM
mickey

Default Michigan's sweetest LemanSunset Z

Hey mysunset350z(Chad),

Found this vid of your Z, very nice work!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cRkuPBDXg
Old 06-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Albopballer

Default About my 2004.4 AT 350

Hey Guys,

Lenny G here, just wanted to ask a major question.

I was driving home tonite from Roger's Roost after watching the despicable pistons lose their fukn asses (excuse my lang) to the ghetto Miami Heat.

I was driving along with my cousin who is a certified mechanic and a electrical engineer and we were driving together and noticed something funny sounding with my car.

He loves the car and all but he noticed everytime we were slowing down a humming noise inside the cabin that he could here at the wheels.

When he said that, it scared the hell outta me, because I really didn't notice it untill tonite, (im at 10,300 miles) and it sounds like a rolling humming noise inside the cabin, a drone type noise in the cabin as its slowing down around 30-10 mph then dissapates. Im fearing the worst that it could be the "feathering issue" that the early 2003's and 04's encountered. If anyone could give me an idea of what to look for on the feathering issue as far as what i should be noticing on the tires itself, and what I should really be hearing pleace give me an idea.

My cousin drives an 2006 F-350 TurboDiesal and has the twenty or thirty something Nitto Terra Grapplers and he's driven in a Dodge 3500 turbo dieseal with MUD GRAPPLERs and he said those make the humming drone noise on the road alll the time because of the tread but he told me these make about 75% of that noise while slowing down...I dont no guys, im lost and im puzzled.

I dont know what I should do or what I should be looking for...will Nissan do anything for me??? I dont know if that recall even pertains to me, even though I drive a 2004.5. I bought my car exactly one year ago to April 16th.

Thanks to anyone out there who can help me out.

Lenny G.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
MySunset350Z

thanks mickey. that is my baby.

lenny, feathering sounds just about right. if you look at the inside tread on your front tires it will look something like this if feathering is the cause. the dealership will end up putting all season tires on the fronts with harder tread. it will take care of the problem at first, but the noise but it most likely will come back. however it wont be as loud and as annoying.
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-feathering_040.jpg  

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 06-02-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:30 AM
JonathanAboona

I have an 04 lenny and i had the feathering issue. 2 brand new tires no questoins asked. they should take care of it. Got mine april 15 2004 tax day

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3