Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:41 AM
mzack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 75% sure I will be there. Its only .5 hour away.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:00 AM
BobaFettm

Yo Zach... ill see ya there bro... the car only needs to get on the dyno and its done... ill probably be nice and sleepy since im heading to Formula D on saturday and wont get back to michigan till AM sunday
Old 06-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
Z's are beautiful and amazing cars!

but a FI Z sees more time in the shop then it does on the road it seems like...
Not always. Remember, I've had my Z with the TT since the kits were 1st released (almost 3 years) and I really didn't have that many issues or downtime with it. At fist there was an issue with the Greddy wastegate gaskets (which were paper in their 1st kits) that needed replaced, and a few boost leeks at first, and air in the fuel system, but all of these things are minor. Once you get the little bugs worked out of your car, it should be solid.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:56 AM
BobaFettm

yah but it seems the more you add the worst off your gonna be... I just do NOT want to deal with **** all the time... I want a car that I can count on getting me to the track and then back home... if a build Z cant do that... its not what I want to deal with... I'd rather have a slow straight line car that is meant to track then a car that is super fast and can turn into issues
Old 06-09-2006, 11:23 AM
mberthia

The problem I see is the value of a built car. Even if you put in $10k in parts and $5k in labor into a car, the amount of people ready to pay more than for a stock car is very limited. I would think that it will be hard to sell for more than the value of the same stock used model (depreciated) plus only a few thousands more (5 max). My opinion, and I expect a few strongly dissagreeing responses... When you build a car it's for yourself and should not expect to get much back from those mods.

Check on ebay, you might find something that will be good for tracking. There are often fully race prepared 944's with spare parts, motors, wheels, etc that can be had for 5 to 10k. I almost bid on one from Ohio but changed my mind.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:44 PM
BobaFettm

So far ive realized the Z is the worst investment car outta the choices I originally had lol... Evo's go for a good amount... Elises sell for practically what you paid for the car... the Z leaving the lot is the worst depreciation ive ever seen lol

personally if I had to do it all over again the Elise would have been the way better choice
Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Yancy

So far ive realized the Z is the worst investment car outta the choices I originally had lol... Evo's go for a good amount... Elises sell for practically what you paid for the car... the Z leaving the lot is the worst depreciation ive ever seen lol

personally if I had to do it all over again the Elise would have been the way better choice
Try buying an american car if you want to see poor depreciation on a vehicle. I lost $10,000 in two years on my explorer Probably see the same on my new 06 limited explorer too. Actually, when you compare depreciation rates for cars, the Z isn't that bad at all.

Mbertha made a good point. A highly modified car is only worth to the owner what money he has been put into it. It will take a special person willing to pay some nice coin on a modified car. It's not uncommon though - I had a unsolicted offer to purchase my car before going the built engine carbon clutch carbon lsd route, but I obviously ultimately decided against the sale. His was going to pay more than I paid for the car brand new ($35,000) but he was one of those special ones that wanted the turbos, the wheels, the body kit, and the big brake kit and didn't want to have to buy a stock car and built it up himself because it would have been too expensive for him. The buyers are out there, but they are few and far between.

Looking back on it, I should have sold this *****, taken the money I just dumped into the car in the last 2 months and bought an 06 Z06 instead. Oh well though - I still love my Z.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
BobaFettm

yah... true that... new Z06... wheew! Amazing car also!

Ill still be looking to trade the car in for an elise or exige... might just wait till the winter though and see what happens...

just hope something else doesnt need to be replaced
Old 06-11-2006, 02:27 PM
zlessnomore

I know were there is a brand new Z06 with a nice silver color waiting to be bought. The price well let me say it is LARGE but the car nice very nice. I also found and drove a used Z06 an 03 for under 30,000 with lots of miles on it.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
zlessnomore

yah... true that... new Z06... wheew! Amazing car also!

Ill still be looking to trade the car in for an elise or exige... might just wait till the winter though and see what happens...

just hope something else doesnt need to be replaced
Derrick have you tried getting into and out of an elise? I did and got my foot stuck in the stearing wheel it is so tight in there.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:46 PM
zlessnomore

Originally Posted by Yancy
Zless, glad to see that your son made it out of that wreck ok. Someone was was watching out for him. Do you still have your stock hood? What are you going to get now?
Do you need my stock hood?
Old 06-11-2006, 02:47 PM
zlessnomore

Did anyone get to the Z car picinic, and if so were there a lot of people there? Nice day for it and I hope many made it out there.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Yancy

Originally Posted by zlessnomore
I know were there is a brand new Z06 with a nice silver color waiting to be bought. The price well let me say it is LARGE but the car nice very nice. I also found and drove a used Z06 an 03 for under 30,000 with lots of miles on it.
I'm interested in the new silver Z06. Where is it at and do you know if they will consider taking a trade on a 2002 Bayliner Cierra 3055 (Boat)?
Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 PM
zlessnomore

Well it is in a show room on Van Dyke by the Packard Resturant, JMJ Auto sales. Sticker 69,000.00 they are asking 79,000.00 586-254-3340 ask for Pat Jackman, his brother owns the place. Tell him Gerry with the rolled Z sent you.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:36 PM
zlessnomore

If you buy the Z06 how much do you want for your Z?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:42 PM
MySunset350Z

we had about 20 people show up. some even came without their z. one guy actually towed his 240 to the meet which was pretty cool. it was fun. i know bobafettm was there, but thats the only 350 that was there besides myself and another guy not from this site. they're pretty serious about getting a new club organized. hopefully we can get a few more 350's at the next meet.

when i left there was about 15 people just walking around the line up of z cars parked. they would be driving down hines and then just pull over to look at all the cars.

Originally Posted by zlessnomore
Did anyone get to the Z car picinic, and if so were there a lot of people there? Nice day for it and I hope many made it out there.

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 06-12-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 AM
BobaFettm

Nice seeing ya out there bro! Your car is beautiful! Great job on it!

ill be making it to all the Z meets that I can! Even if I switch over to the Elise/Exige
Old 06-14-2006, 08:34 AM
BobaFettm

Hey everyone! We are setting up a small meet.Caravan to the Redline meet on Friday June 16th at 7:30 on the OU Parking Garage Deck! There is a post about this over on Xceedspeed

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0

Make sure you come out!
- Derek
Old 06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
zlessnomore

So what is everyone doing this summer? I mean the last post here was on the 14th?? Only if i had a Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
jeff91ta

BobaFettm....

Your Z is sick..... if you're the car I was next to last Friday going West on Walton with a girl in the car.

I was in the Blk Z that you let catch up before u turned into OU.... would have liked to check your Z out a little more..... but I do appreciate you tappin the throttle.... it's quick

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3