Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:19 PM
blueper4mancez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about come see it in person , both of my laptop are broken at home . so no pics for ya i will take some pics when i get back from florida . planning on a trip there ..
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Datona Jess

Billy,
Let me know and I will make a trip out there...
I wanna see the twins also before you put them on...
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
blueper4mancez

aj if youre not busy this weekend come on over to the house . le me know man
Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Holy snow drifts! Glad I have a beater. No way I'd make it out of my sub today in a Z. At least the snowblower got some action.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:12 AM
MikeNT256

Well I don't have a Z but I can say it was rough snowblowing/shoveling.

It was one of those things, where I brought out the snowblower months ago and I told myself "I should just start this thing to get it running, just in case.." then I decided "naw...it's not gonna snow." And that was true because I brought out the blower back in November. Haven't needed it until now. We had 8-14 inches of snow in our driveway (the 14" was near the end of the driveway with all the wind). I couldn't get the snowblower started, so I decided to start shoveling. But as I started inching down the driveway, I kept making random attempts to get that SOB started. FINALLY, by the grace of God it started and I used it to plow through the rest of the snow.

My GTO (which I traded in in January because of TONS of mechanical issues) was terrible in the snow and wouldn't have survived a day like yesturday or today. I would have been in a ditch or seriously hurt. My Trailblazer SS (2WD) handled it like a pro and I actually pulled through the 14" of snow by the end of the driveway last night.

I can only imagine how you Z guys are taking it. In a way, i'm glad I didn't get that car as my ONLY car, otherwise i'd have some liability issues with tryin to find rides to work all the time.

Be safe guys, and watch for OTHER ******* drivers!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:02 PM
blueper4mancez

i'm glad i got a winter beater too . this is the first time i've seen snow that much in my whole life , but it fun driving in it with your winter beater .

p.s i live in Georgia all my life , first wither here in michigan .
Old 02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
etx

I'm rockin a $600 Dodge neon right now. heh. Made it through the snow the other day just fine, I just had to take it nice and slow.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
MikeNT256

Michigan winter's normally arn't that bad. But when it does hit, it hits hard.

Like you've seen already!

Oh well, that'll be the last of winter for the rest of the season, don't even worry about it.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
blueper4mancez

ohh good to hear that , but we still need some warm weather though .
Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
MikeNT256

Be careful what you wish for! Spring and Fall are truely the best seasons. Summer is extremely hot and humid here in MI.

On the upside, next week we'll be back in to the upper 30's! Thats an improvement considering we've seen 5 degrees lately. Hopefully the snow will melt, it'll rain alot to wash away all the salt from our roads and cars, and we'll be back in full swing finally!

I'm gonna have to come to some MI-based Z gatherings sometime, i've been a member on here for a while and still regret never being able to get a Z but still love the car and would love to hang.

You guys all get together at Redline still right? I heard they moved all that.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Datona Jess

RedLine was moved due to people being idiots..
It may startup though this year again, I am not sure

I agree about the weather..
Thank God I have a Spec-V to drive every day....thats for sure.

TBSS-Nice Truck..
Old 02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
RedLine was moved due to people being idiots..
It may startup though this year again, I am not sure

I agree about the weather..
Thank God I have a Spec-V to drive every day....thats for sure.

TBSS-Nice Truck..
Thank ya sir!

Here's a pic of the first day I got it. Car was already dirty from the salt and so were the rims. Since then, the weather hasn't been flattering, but I did get a chance to polish the exhaust and take a stock exhaust vid!

http://members.aol.com/mikent256/TBSS/exhaustvid.wmv
Old 02-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Datona Jess

Cool!
My buddy's got one, they are nice
he let me dive it a few times and I tell you ti doesn't ride like a big sloppy SUV which is what I liked about it the most..
Its Fast and all, but it EATS gas....
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 AM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Cool!
My buddy's got one, they are nice
he let me dive it a few times and I tell you ti doesn't ride like a big sloppy SUV which is what I liked about it the most..
Its Fast and all, but it EATS gas....
That's also one of my favorite things! I love to watch soccer moms ride my *** as I'm getting on the on-ramp, and they just disappear out of my rearview when they see I don't hit the brakes (because I can take the turn no problem) and they realize it way too late and slam on the brakes and have to adjust!

The one thing about the gas mileage i've noticed is, if you're careful, or drive conservatively (I mean that very very literally) then the gas mileage isn't all that bad.

Statistically speaking, the SS gets 15city/19hwy. My GTO M6 got 17city/26hwy. That 6th gear helped a ton. I was cruising 75 mph at like 2100 rpms! In the SS, 75 mph is 2600 rpms and thats also because of 4 gears, Overdrive helps, but the rear end gearing is 4.10.

When I had so many problems with my GTO, I was going to actually trade it in for an automatic GTO, since I had so many trans related problems but still loved the car.

SS: 15city/19hwy --- AWD 14city/17hwy
GTO M6: 17city/26hwy
GTO A4: 16city/21hwy

The automatic gas mpg numbers are very close. Both cars take premium, the SS tank is 4 gallons larger, thats the only difference. So gas mileage wise, it wasn't too much of a difference. And considering the fact that i'd now be driving a much larger, more practical vehicle and getting similar numbers with amazing performance, I could dig that. Funny thing is, again I don't drive that fast normally. I haven't had to fill up from E yet, I know that's going to be painful, right around what the Z guys pay.

The only real bummer is actually watching the needle float down while you're doing 100mph+. It literally is like *gulp* *gulp* *gulp* HICCUP *gulp* *gulp*.

Pretty much my first week of driving it has been the best gas mileage i've had, the rest have been more "spirited", and mine is the 2wd. The AWD version as I posted, is extremely worse. Has not been trouble at all in winter either with all season high performance tires and 20" wheels.

Last edited by MikeNT256; 02-20-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 AM
h8bumps

When are you taking the SS out to Milan? I want to see that bad boy run the 1/4.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:44 AM
MikeNT256

Eh, i'm not really sure yet. It's a lease, so i'm a little paranoid about messin somethin up. Otherwise i'd like to take a run or two and see how I do. It's been a couple years since i've been on a track, so i'll probably do TERRIBLE.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM
h8bumps

That's ok, my Z's a lease too. One of my buddies convinced me to take it out to Milan last year. It was bone stock, it was my first time at the track, and I didn't drive it too hard, so my times weren't impressive at all. I'll be going back this year to see what it can do.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
JonathanAboona

when it hits 50 degrees we should have a meet. it was 42 the other day and i wanted to wear shorts and sandals.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by h8bumps
That's ok, my Z's a lease too. One of my buddies convinced me to take it out to Milan last year. It was bone stock, it was my first time at the track, and I didn't drive it too hard, so my times weren't impressive at all. I'll be going back this year to see what it can do.
Yeah I hear ya. If you guys ever want to go, i'm down! Again not a Z, but I've always loved Z's and wouldn't mind seeing some up close and personal!

BTW your sn is great! I h8bumps too..effing MI roads.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Datona Jess

HAHAHaGood call on the TB SS

ironically my buddy had a GTO as well before he got his TBSS...
You should bring your car to the track, you'll be fine.
My Z is a lease as well, and I am going to bring it...what the heck.

I am doen for a day, and I know a few other guys that will want to go...

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3