Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

DETROIT Z (meets and events)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:30 AM
cturnbull802

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone done spc rear camber arms and bolts?

i am kinda unsure about elongating the hole and dont have anything to do it with
Old 05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
FLY-USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one of 2 (That I know of) Nismo z's over in Ann Arbor, anyone goin to the Jackson ave cruise tomorrow ? (5/16 so i guess its today)?
S/F
-Hatch
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 AM
jeff91ta

DoubleJ that list of cars for the First Gear run seems pretty stacked; can you give us cliff notes on what and where that run is?
Old 05-18-2009, 06:49 AM
mekatoka

DoubleJ, I am the guy who talked to you at Dick Scott Nissan. I cannot go the 5/30 weekend as I am going to be out of town.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
I like the idea of the Hell run, but we can meet wherever.
5/30 I am getting married.
6/6 I will still be in St. Lucia.
If you change your mind on elaborate wedding plans, you both can come down to the Smoky Mountains for ZDayZ and hit the drive through Wedding Chapel in Gatlinburg, TN. LOL. Just kidding!

AJ, you're a lucky guy. Congrats and have a great honeymoon!

Hopefully we all can meet up in June.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by cturnbull802
has anyone done spc rear camber arms and bolts?

i am kinda unsure about elongating the hole and dont have anything to do it with
I've done the camber arms on mine but I didn't do the toe bolts. Wish I had. You can use a dremel to elongate the holes. It shouldn't be that hard.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 AM
AznSky

ok so far it's 6/20. Anybody not ok with that date? Billy would it be better for you if we made it on a Sunday or even Fri. night since I've heard you work Sat?

edit: There's an test n tune autox at the GM assembly plant on 6/20, and a autox at Belle Isle on 6/21. Why don't we all just meet at Belle Isle, and if the weather is as good as it was this past weekend, then it'd be an excellent opportunity for a photoshoot.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:06 AM
mekatoka

It'd be nice if it is Fri or Sat. I want to go, but there is an Autox on Sunday.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Datona Jess

Rob sounds good to me man.

Phreak!!!
-Thanks man I did luck out a bit. I cannot wait for it to be over with so that I can go on the honeymoon and enjoy the time with her.

Have fun and bring back some pictures man!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:51 AM
Jonny Boy

Rob - Do you have the RE11's on your car yet?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Alter Ego

What day is the next event ?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:17 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by Jonny Boy
Rob - Do you have the RE11's on your car yet?
Yeah man, they're awesome! See thread below for my review:

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...11-review.html

As for next event, so far it's looking like 6/21 at Belle Isle. We can have a bbq after everybody finishes their runs too!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 AM
mekatoka

Rob, are you not going to be able to run other events in the meantime?

5/25 - Belle Isle
5/31 - Hamtramock
6/21 - Bell Isle
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lapeer Dragway - Sat. 5/23 12pm

Weather permitting, I'll be heading up to Lapeer Dragway this Saturday for Test'n'Tune. $25. I've never been there, want to check it out.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by mekatoka
Rob, are you not going to be able to run other events in the meantime?

5/25 - Belle Isle -> Nope sorry, going to Atlanta to meet the gf's parents....eek!!
5/31 - Hamtramock -> I'm there
6/21 - Bell Isle -> I'm there also
Steve how was the last SEMPCA event? I can't believe I haven't been to the track yet, just all autox's for me so far this year. Money is super tight.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Phreakdout

Getting the mod bug again. Just bought a pair of Seibon CF sideskirts from Gruppe S for $150 shipped. (They have spider cracking in the clear coating but not into the fiber weave. ) I was planning to paint the top half and leave the bottom edge exposed CF which is in perfect condition. They were out of the box damaged parts.

Anyone know what needs to be done to prep CF for paint? I'd imagine some sanding down is needed esp in the spider crack marks. There's got to be a way to stop the spreading of the cracks.

Hard to pass up for $150. That's almost the shipping alone.

I'm also meeting up with another member who has a new Stillen Series I front bumper. He's going to bring it to ZDayZ. I'll end up leaving it with family in Tennessee and they will have it painted for me. Maybe I will be sporting this in July. For $235 on a bumper that retails full price at $600, it works for me.

Good God, I hope I can clear a piece of gravel after I'm done.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 05-22-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:28 AM
AznSky

Man Brian you're off the chain!! Really nice pick-up on both those items! You're right, the $150 would have been the cost of shipping alone on the side skirts!

Man, I don't know how you find these deals! But if you ever find somebody selling a Nismo V2 Front, Amuse Sides, Ings Rear, or KW V2's for cheap, replica or authentic let me know haha!! (seriously!)

Also if you need clear corners for that bumper i can sell you mine for cheap. Too lazy to put them on.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by AznSky
Man Brian you're off the chain!! Really nice pick-up on both those items! You're right, the $150 would have been the cost of shipping alone on the side skirts!

Man, I don't know how you find these deals! But if you ever find somebody selling a Nismo V2 Front, Amuse Sides, Ings Rear, or KW V2's for cheap, replica or authentic let me know haha!! (seriously!)

Also if you need clear corners for that bumper i can sell you mine for cheap. Too lazy to put them on.
Thanks Rob but I went with RED corners on both front and back. The back didn't turn out so well so I will get another set and do them again or wet sand down the originals. Here are the fronts:

As for finding the deals, they are here. You just have to take the risk and jump on it. Luck helps too. Almost everything I have has come from another user online here. (Wheels, tires, intake, plenum, trunk spoiler, sway bars, springs, CF pieces, the end links and camber arms (from a vendor here). Only three items came from vendors outside this forum. Much like the folks in Tennessee, "I keep it in the family."

As for the V2 front, you might want to get it from M1. They will ship it painted. They quoted me the Do Luck replica painted and shipped for about seven bills. Not bad at all. I imagine the V2 would be about the same. If I see stuff you're looking for, I'll try to get a hold of ya.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 05-22-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 AM
doublej

Originally Posted by jeff91ta
DoubleJ that list of cars for the First Gear run seems pretty stacked; can you give us cliff notes on what and where that run is?

sure the complete run down cliffnote style is at www.midwestmotorclub.com

mekamota no worries. tell all your friends about it as id love to have some nissan love there. skyline,gtr,300zx,350,370...id love for you guys to be apart of this.

also this is a club now. I will be setting up applications for this event. I am talking to sponsors for this club so that our events are the best from now on.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
As for finding the deals, they are here. You just have to take the risk and jump on it. Luck helps too. Almost everything I have has come from another user online here. (Wheels, tires, intake, plenum, trunk spoiler, sway bars, springs, CF pieces, the end links and camber arms (from a vendor here). Only three items came from vendors outside this forum. Much like the folks in Tennessee, "I keep it in the family."

As for the V2 front, you might want to get it from M1. They will ship it painted. They quoted me the Do Luck replica painted and shipped for about seven bills. Not bad at all. I imagine the V2 would be about the same. If I see stuff you're looking for, I'll try to get a hold of ya.
I see, yeah I got the same quote from M1 (actually I got them to throw in free CF canards ) But I just don't have the money right now. Especially with me starting grad school in the fall, I'll have to completely cut down (or off) on mods. Booo!!!

anyhow, I'm going to Atlanta tonight to meet my gf's parents this weekend for the first time...............but I'm gonna stop by Forged tmrw and check our their shop

Quick Reply: DETROIT Z (meets and events)