Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Rockstar350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Ah, it felt good to shoot the shotgun today. Fired 10 rounds of buckshot and 5 rounds of rifled slugs. Got a nice mark on my shoulder, but it's not a big deal. I can still type!
Must've scared the neighbors in the process, eh?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Rockstar350

Who does wheel restoration here in MN? Shipping is too costly.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:13 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockstar350
Must've scared the neighbors in the process, eh?
lol... when the riots start, they better be scured..
Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 AM
ZeezCustomz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should probably turn off your VDC, lower the PSI in the rear tires, and practice your launches. Try easing out the clutch at about 2500 rpm instead of mashing the gas and dumping the clutch.
Thanks Smooth, I had the VDC off and my tires were at 25psi. My problem was launch, I didn't really risk burning the clutch on a car I just bought. But I am going to launch that way next time.

Anyone here dragged their 350 @ Rockfalls, lots of VHT compared to other tracks.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
ZeezCustomz

Rockstar what do you need done with your wheels? My brother and I run a small shop in Savage and have a powerder coater I can hook you up with.

If anyone here needs parts, PM me and I can them up. I just need part numbers, most cases we can save people 10-20% off list. We have lots of manufactures, many that provide parts to our cars. ie. I am buying a Turbo XS UTEC for $790. Let me know if I can help anyone out with parts.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You do powdercoating???
Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
ZeezCustomz

Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z
You do powdercoating???
Not in house, we have someone nearby our shop that we work with. If we have something powder coated we would do the bead blasting at our shop, then drop it off to our guy to have done. We don't have a paint booth with an oven to be able to.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Spork

Hmm... If I wanted a small metal piece powdercoated, like calipers, how long would it take?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by ZeezCustomz
Thanks Smooth, I had the VDC off and my tires were at 25psi. My problem was launch, I didn't really risk burning the clutch on a car I just bought. But I am going to launch that way next time.

Anyone here dragged their 350 @ Rockfalls, lots of VHT compared to other tracks.
Oh, I see. I was at RF and had crappy launch times. Something about that track gives people bad mojo. I think I can do a lot better now with my mods and driving experience.

BTW, you do bead blasting? I have a plenum that's powdercoated blue and thought about getting that stripped and powdercoated again, but this time to make it look polished.

Hmm... If I wanted a small metal piece powdercoated, like calipers, how long would it take?
Copycat....
Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Saw Andrew and his lady friend today in downtown Minneapolis. I was at Brit's Pub checking out the scenery.

Andrew, your car always looks sexy.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Rockstar350

lol... when the riots start, they better be scured..
Dave, I couldn't feel any safer.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Rockstar350

Rockstar what do you need done with your wheels? My brother and I run a small shop in Savage and have a powerder coater I can hook you up with.
Zeez, I took my car to a local carwash some time last week. For whatever chemical they use to clean wheels, it ate through my clearcoat (on the lips) and created an ugly layer of dry haze on my wheels. And yes, I tried just about every wheel cleaning polish I can get my hands on... and seems, it's there to stay. Any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Spork

Copycat....

Don't worry, I doubt I'll do it. I've been looking for used BBK's a little bit... but don't think I'd get any until at least 2010...
Old 08-20-2008, 10:41 PM
ZeezCustomz

Zeez, I took my car to a local carwash some time last week. For whatever chemical they use to clean wheels, it ate through my clearcoat (on the lips) and created an ugly layer of dry haze on my wheels. And yes, I tried just about every wheel cleaning polish I can get my hands on... and seems, it's there to stay. Any suggestions?
Well to be honest if it ate the clear you are kinda screwed for polishing them back up. We would have to wet sand the ret of the old clear off, then re-spray new clear coat. This isn't a hug deal but requires having your wheels off a few days. Let me know if you want us to take care of it for you, then we can talk time line.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:47 PM
ZeezCustomz

Not too long, I could sand blast it the same day and drop it off to the powdercoater. Maybe 1-2 days at the most, if you need anything else done it would be good to do it at the same time. That way your car is down once out of the year.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:52 PM
ZeezCustomz

Oh, I see. I was at RF and had crappy launch times. Something about that track gives people bad mojo. I think I can do a lot better now with my mods and driving experience.

BTW, you do bead blasting? I have a plenum that's powdercoated blue and thought about getting that stripped and powdercoated again, but this time to make it look polished.

Copycat....
Yes, we have a sand/bead blasting machine.
FYI: Its best not to blast with beads(glass) on aluminum when you can use sand though.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
ZeezCustomz

Copycat....
Yes, we have a sand/bead blasting machine.
FYI: Its best not to blast with beads(glass) on aluminum when you can use sand though.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Rockstar350

Well to be honest if it ate the clear you are kinda screwed for polishing them back up. We would have to wet sand the ret of the old clear off, then re-spray new clear coat. This isn't a hug deal but requires having your wheels off a few days. Let me know if you want us to take care of it for you, then we can talk time line.
Well, that sucks to hear! When is the best time I can drop by and have you peek at the wheels?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:15 AM
ZeezCustomz

Well, that sucks to hear! When is the best time I can drop by and have you peek at the wheels?
Yeah I know, you should look into reimbursement from the place that this happened. I will be around the shop today most of the day until 4:30, if your interested I can pm you the address.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Rockstar350

Yeah I know, you should look into reimbursement from the place that this happened. I will be around the shop today most of the day until 4:30, if your interested I can pm you the address.
Yes, shoot me the address. I'll drop by.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread