Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a really nice pic Dave you should make an account just to see it; i liked it too...thats how good it is!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I can see it. I think that FB acct is set to public so everyone can see pics.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jstar809
You guys are in the September album, Dave and Ryan.....Greg must have been going too fast for the cameo to pick him up....because racecar of course.

http://automotorplex.com/mn-cc-recap-september-2012/
lol I was in front of them no but in all seriousness tho that's a nice moving pic Dave
Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Still haven't heard back from the photog about those pics.

Drift practice today? What time?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by SR71
FYI peeps

Burnsville Fire Muster is having a FREE beer tasting from 6-8pm Thursday by the Red Lion Liquors? Im not a beer drinker but I thought Id post this up for all the locals to see in case they missed it, Im mean hey, free beer.

Beers from:
Left Hand Brewery
Brau Brothers
Fat Tire
Summit Boulevard
Schells

Brewery experts will also be on hand to answer questions.

There is also a classic car show from 5-8pm at the parking ramp for the Burnsville Performing arts center. - This might be fun to go to.

I was right near there for lunch today. Didn't see any signs or tents set up, so I didn't realize it was in this location.

Of course, the clouds looked ominous this evening. I should go, but I've been driving around all day. I'm actually done driving.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:28 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

So I've been noticing that my 3rd gear has been grinding a little bit when I shift into it. At first I thought it was me just being too aggressive and sloppy by missing the shift. Today, I noticed that as I got on it in 2nd, I tried shifting into 3rd and couldn't get it to engage. Then I tried putting into 4th and still couldn't get it in. After a few tries, it finally engaged.

I'm not happy.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 AM
MyFrLdyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
So I've been noticing that my 3rd gear has been grinding a little bit when I shift into it. At first I thought it was me just being too aggressive and sloppy by missing the shift. Today, I noticed that as I got on it in 2nd, I tried shifting into 3rd and couldn't get it to engage. Then I tried putting into 4th and still couldn't get it in. After a few tries, it finally engaged.

I'm not happy.
Sounds like it might be your syncros goin out... try double clutching from 2nd into 3rd, if that works, then its your syncros... i had that problem happen on one of my other cars...
Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by MyFrLdyZ
Sounds like it might be your syncros goin out... try double clutching from 2nd into 3rd, if that works, then its your syncros... i had that problem happen on one of my other cars...
**** thats no good i had that same feeling about 5th in mine. i came to this conclusion; at least its not 3rd LOL
but dave that shitty sorry to hear that i know the feeling; so new tranny or whats that solution?

=mass genocide.

Last edited by end of z world; 09-07-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM
silverbullet_Z

I'm not happy.
Here you go Dave

https://my350z.com/forum/drivetrain/...ssions-z1.html

BTW I'm beginning to have that problem as well tho its from going from 1st to 2nd, but I've learned to just give it a fraction of a second before I shift into 2nd gear and I have no problems.

Also might as well get a new clutch to, maybe a lighter flywheel as well since you'll have the tranny dropped.

BTW the season is starting to come to an end maybe you can get by for the rest of summer and wait for your tax return to come back before you make such a big purchase.
Granny shiftin not double clutching like you should.... lol sorry couldn't resist

Last edited by silverbullet_Z; 09-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z

Granny shiftin not double clutching like you should.... lol sorry couldn't resist
hah damn you vin
Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
MyFrLdyZ

HA! well played!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Silver03z

what time you leaving your house??

I didn't know you were running the HKS with your TT setup. I thought for sure you'd be running a higher flow exhaust like the 3" APS
Nope still running the HKS exhaust with my TT kit still made good power with it. If and wen i do some motor work then i will switch to a bigger exhaust but for now it makes good power so i'm running it haha
Old 09-07-2012, 03:48 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Yeah, I had a sinking feeling it would be the synchros. Grrr...

Here you go Dave

https://my350z.com/forum/drivetrain/...ssions-z1.html

BTW I'm beginning to have that problem as well tho its from going from 1st to 2nd, but I've learned to just give it a fraction of a second before I shift into 2nd gear and I have no problems.

Also might as well get a new clutch to, maybe a lighter flywheel as well since you'll have the tranny dropped.

BTW the season is starting to come to an end maybe you can get by for the rest of summer and wait for your tax return to come back before you make such a big purchase.
I knew you'd find something like that, Greg. You have the ever watchful eye. That's a ton of money, though. I'd rather spend it on a lighter flywheel and streetable clutch plate.

As far as granny shifting, that's normally what I do when driving normally. I also like to rev match when down shifting. This will definitely last until next year at the minimum.

I did the tranny upgrade for my Z32, and that was 8 hours of hell. Of course, after all that work on the clutch and flywheel, I ended up breaking the pivot fork. I think that's what it's called inside the housing.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Speaking of seasons, I'm hoping I can drive the Z until the end of November.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Wishful thinking, something tells me we are going to have a ***** of a winter this year. It would be nice to continue this dry year we've been having.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 PM
silverbullet_Z

Yeah, I had a sinking feeling it would be the synchros. Grrr...

I knew you'd find something like that, Greg. You have the ever watchful eye. That's a ton of money, though. I'd rather spend it on a lighter flywheel and streetable clutch plate.

As far as granny shifting, that's normally what I do when driving normally. I also like to rev match when down shifting. This will definitely last until next year at the minimum.

I did the tranny upgrade for my Z32, and that was 8 hours of hell. Of course, after all that work on the clutch and flywheel, I ended up breaking the pivot fork. I think that's what it's called inside the housing.
ugh Dave if it's your synchros you will need a new transmission or rebuilt one tho I wouldn't recommend anybody around here.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 PM
silverbullet_Z

found this for ya Dave https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...ro-needed.html

This guy seemed to have the same issue you have
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM
silverbullet_Z

Do you still want to store your car at the place I store mine at?? Let me know if you're 100% serious about it.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:55 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by SR71
Wishful thinking, something tells me we are going to have a ***** of a winter this year. It would be nice to continue this dry year we've been having.
Don't be pissing on my parade. I can wish on my birthday.

ugh Dave if it's your synchros you will need a new transmission or rebuilt one tho I wouldn't recommend anybody around here.
No one?

found this for ya Dave https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...ro-needed.html

This guy seemed to have the same issue you have
His issue is that he's in Pakistan. lol

I don't have grinding issues when I downshift. I have only had the grinding a handful of times. It doesn't happen often. That's why at first I thought it was me and not the car.

Do you still want to store your car at the place I store mine at?? Let me know if you're 100% serious about it.
For some reason, I thought I had posted something about that already. Now Tara's telling me we might need a second car since Brandon and Devin are signed up for 2 different sports meaning we'll need to tag team the chauffeuring.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 AM
ezpotato

i didnt even know the Z existed in pakistan. he's prob filthy rich there to afford that car.

anyone wanna cruise somewhere today , grab a burger or something?

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread