Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

2010 MI-350Z Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 AM
sig11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woo! Gingerman tomorrow. I may have to leave after the baseball game tonight and just find a roach motel along the way! This is going to be a really really busy day.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 AM
mekatoka

Have fun Lee! Gingerman and Grattan both can be done as a day trip. But you need to get enough sleep the night before.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:11 AM
BobaFettm

South Haven has a beautiful boardwalk heading out into Lake Michigan! My dad always comes along for Gingerman cuz he loves this one diner right near the end of the boardwalk. Has some epic lake perch there! Plus it's realllly nice to have someone drive the truck / trailer after a long *** track day

we'll see ya tomorrow out there Lee! There are quite a few hotels right by the track in south haven. I always stay at the comfort suite I believe.

We get free wines and stuff cuz we will be the first group to run the new track lol
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
BobaFettm

Don't worry about shade tmrw! We got our tent thingy. Bring a chair if ya can if not I think I got a spare in the Durango.

Gonna be hot!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
sig11

Awesome. I'm packing up now. I hated to leave the tigers game... but I guess I have one monday and thursday. :V
Old 05-29-2010, 04:29 PM
sig11

I totally forgot about going to see the lake...

Gingerman is AWESOME. So much fun and so much easier when you can get some speed. Traffic sucked a lot in the novice group. I had a great instructor who urged me to put on more power and does it ever help. The new shoes helped me to be smoother on brakes/gas too I'm sure. I can't wait to do another track day...

My wallet has contracted a horrible disease that is causing it to lose weight rapidly....
Old 05-29-2010, 06:17 PM
AznSky

lol nice, glad you enjoyed it Lee. Me on the other hand, tried to install a ceiling fan which ended up taking me 5 hrs.......and I still have another room to do!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:45 PM
BobaFettm

^ **** ceiling fans.

second... Gingerman's new portion is MUCH different than I expected. They added some depth to the track for sure... you sweep into a beautiful left hander that is great minus the horrid new black asphalt... you literally have tons of grip to bathroom floor grip... lol then you slam on your brakes often way to late to come into a right hander that will be interesting when people are racing on that portion... Then to a up hill. YES I said hill dammit... to a loooooooong *** straight. Then the normal turn 11 bump is gone and they added a bit more track to the apex there. The patches throughout are slippery right now too.

Lots of slipping I was able to run with the first group on track so far ever on the new track and holy **** it was hilarious cuz all of us in advance were blowing through the normal parts then ***** footing so much through the new stuff LOL

minus the Radical that was there... he was just insane all the time
Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 AM
sig11

I have two of your chock blocks, Derek. If you need 'em let me know and I'll run them out to you.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:41 AM
BobaFettm

LOL! no its okay just 2x4's I got a million in my barn. Thanks though
Old 05-31-2010, 04:22 AM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys. I just found this thread, a little later than I should have. I will be attending a handful of these events listed at the beginning of the thread. I would love to meet more Z guys that track their cars. I never see too many at the tracks and its depressing. Like noted earlier in the thread, there are too many vettes, miatas, porsches etc...don't get me wrong, I like vettes and porsches, but the Z community needs to represent more.

I attended some of the events you had listed already. I wish I could have seen this thread earlier. Here are the ones remaining that I am doing.
June 26-27 | BeaveRun | NASA
July 2nd | Putnam Park | 1010ths (I added this one and the other 1010s ones. Check this out. Lots of track time for one day)

July 23-25 | Mid-Ohio | NASA
August 13-15 | Mid-Ohio | NASA
August 28-29 | Putnam Park | 1010ths
Oct 9-12 | Putnam Park | NASA
Oct 23-24 | Putnam Park | 1010ths

I need to find an event for September. I have never been to Gingerman, Grattan or Autobahn. I would love to try them. Recommendations??

Hope to see you guys.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 AM
AznSky

Hey Fixxer, welcome to the thread!

Feel free to add your name and events to the google spreadsheet in the first post.

Regarding September, MotorCity BMWCCA is planning a 2 day event at Grattan (which I've heard is better than Gingerman). I should be at that event.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Fixxxercask

I just checked out their website. I couldn't find very much info on that event in September. Have you ever ran with them before? It seems like this event is a driving school. How many different groups do they run? They seem like they want everyone to have an instructor. I'm interested. Let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 AM
BobaFettm

Added a few GLLC events. I don't got the cash to do to many track days this year... hoping that NOBMWclub goes back to Mid-ohio this year. If you run Advanced / Instructor they run on the Friday before with 1h+ stints... best track experiences I've ever had
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM
AznSky

Originally Posted by Fixxxercask
I just checked out their website. I couldn't find very much info on that event in September. Have you ever ran with them before? It seems like this event is a driving school. How many different groups do they run? They seem like they want everyone to have an instructor. I'm interested. Let me know.

Thanks
I've ran with them the past couple of years, great group of guys. Actually the chief instructor and a few other instructors are co-workers of mine.

Yes everybody has their own instructor, you can get signed off though if the instructor feels like you're ready for it.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Fixxxercask

I would definitely get that sign off. I would like to check the club our for sure. Hope to see you guys soon.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:42 PM
AznSky

yeah you sound like you're pretty experienced. Sheesh, driving two events per month? I couldn't even afford that lol.

Looking forward to meeting you too and watching you drive
Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Fixxxercask

I can barely afford to do two track events in a month, but I am doing Beaverun and Putnam within a week of each other because it will have been 6 weeks since the last one, so I've had plenty of time. I am not that experienced, but I pick up on things really quick. I just started getting into this stuff at the end of last summer, but haven't stopped since then.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Jonny Boy

Well I am off to Gingerman on monday. I know that thekinn (steve) is also going, and my dad is bringing his S2000 out. Should be a great time, and I will make sure to post pictures and vids after we return.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Datona Jess

Good luck Steve and Johnny...

Hey John tell your Dad I said to kick the crap out of it!!!

Also redlining the Honda is NOT bad for it!..hahaha
Have fun man

Quick Reply: 2010 MI-350Z Track Days