Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:30 AM
mdacko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another lemans.... i dont feel special anymore. Hey I drove past a silver Z yesterday on State St in Ann Arbor. I only see Z's about once a week so I was all excited and waved....but the guy didnt wave back at all, in fact he looked at me like i was nuts. Was that anyone on this board?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:51 AM
mzack

I don't this so. If they looked at you that way then I don't think they are even looking at forums.

Question for you mdack. Last summer I was driving down 94 towards Grass Lake when a sunset Z came on at Michigan Ave. I was behind it for a while then a silver one came on somewhere by Dexter. We all went along in a row until I exited. Was that you in the sunet?
Old 03-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Thaddeus

Ran for a few miles with a silver coup on I94, Friday PM (3/12) east bound out of Jackson.

Was this anyone on this forum??
Old 03-15-2004, 08:53 AM
blafo

Originally posted by Jspec350z
I wonder what he would charge to install the test pipes. I was going to do it myself but if it's cheap enough I will have them do it. Maybe I will give them a call also. Blafo you have a sweet Z. I like the black top on the sunset it looks really nice. See you at the meets this summer or maybe just passing on halsted !!
Talked to Dan @ godspeed. I'm going to have him install mt Borala as well as the helix test pipes and an e-manage and tune it up. Also going to have it dynoed after everthing is done. He charges $70 per hour said he would charge 1 hour for the exhaust and the test pipe install...going to buy the test pipe and e-manage system from him.

Do you guys think the borla w/ the test pipes will be too loud and raspy? i was going to get the TP w/ resonators but Dan says my setup will be fine...

thanks for the info Yancy!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Thaddeus

Originally posted by mzack
I don't this so. If they looked at you that way then I don't think they are even looking at forums.

Question for you mdack. Last summer I was driving down 94 towards Grass Lake when a sunset Z came on at Michigan Ave. I was behind it for a while then a silver one came on somewhere by Dexter. We all went along in a row until I exited. Was that you in the sunet?
Last summer I came onto west bound 94 at Chelsea, just infornt of 2 Z's. As I remember, one was silver the other was blue. My Z is sunset, was this you??
Old 03-15-2004, 09:05 AM
mzack

I was the Brickyard in the back of the group. Yeah it was me. I don't know who was in the silver but I do remember because I have never run with two others let alone one.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Thaddeus

Originally posted by mzack
I was the Brickyard in the back of the group. Yeah it was me. I don't know who was in the silver but I do remember because I have never run with two others let alone one.
So much for a memory of what color your car was.......
Old 03-15-2004, 10:12 AM
mzack

Thats alright. I drove it today since we are going to get snow for the next three days. Come on spring!!!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:57 PM
mzack

Well I just got done working on a little custome mod. for my ride. A little grill action. Doing some cutting and griding on it tomorrow night.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:28 AM
mdacko

damn snow! Z is indoors today. p.s is anyone interested in buying my stillen/street scene grill?
Old 03-16-2004, 06:42 AM
blafo

Originally posted by mdacko
damn snow! Z is indoors today. p.s is anyone interested in buying my stillen/street scene grill?
My cars at shop having some work done...am I going to be able to drive it home around 5? ...never driven in the snow before, it it absolutley impossible on the stock tires??
Old 03-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Z33Fan

Time for a call to AAA. Tell 'em to bring the flatbed.

Don't drive on stock tires. You'll barely get home, if at all.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:37 AM
mdacko

i agree. if you know its gonna snow, dont bother taking the car anywhere with stock tires. my z was pretty much garaged all winter. last week when we had minor flurries i slid out so many times trying to drive home at night, and the ground might have had 1/4 inch of snow on it. its fricken ridiculous.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Yancy

Blafo,

Welcome. Let me know how everything turns out. I figured that you'd need an e-manage or something else to control the air/fuel ratio. The good thing with the e-manage is that it can be tuned later and again if you install other mods at some later time.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:35 AM
etx

SNOW! NOO!!

I Finished the GReddy TT install saturday night. I took it out for a spin without a BOV and the wastegates were acting up. Yesterday I got the Bov flange welded on and reinstalled the charge pipe with the bov, and I figured out the wastegate issue. It's fun as hell to drive, and I have it at only 5.5 psi! If you get out it you gotta turn off the traction control or the car will close the throttle plate when you get on it.

My resonated test pipes are not here yet, but they should be in this week. Tonight I am going to trim up the front fascia and reinstall it and the other plastic body parts. I wonder what people were thinking when they saw my car with no front and a big blingin FMIC going down the road!?

I saw an older couple that I see every once and a while. They have a Lemans Z also. The woman was driving it, and was just stareing at my Z like WTF is going on! Funny stuff.

My buddy spilled a 5 gallon bucket of oil on my garage floor last night! Grrrr. So I had to dump 2 bags of kitty litter on it and park the Z outside for the night. Now it's covered in snow. It's probably scared to death! It's never seen snow before!

Here are some pics

I just went to get the usb cable for my dvcam so I can get the good pics off it.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Jspec350z

Nice Pics ETX I cannot wait to see it in person!! How was the install? Harded then the Eclipse or what?
Old 03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
etx

http://www.etherealdesign.com/pics/3...ddy/index.html

More pics!

Yeah, the install was a little harder than the eclipse. But this is a twin setup, so twice as much work on the turbos/wastegates etc. I am still waiting to do some more crusin before I put the front back on to be sure thier is no leaks.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:13 AM
BrianLG35C

Hey guys, I'd love to join your Detroit area list but have a little issue.

I'm down here in the Toledo, OH area with no fellow G or Z owners I know of. So I guess I'll plead my case....I know I have a G but as you're well aware, it's the Z's more conservative brother. I purchased my G Coupe up in Novi at Suburban Infiniti, hopefully that will help me qualify. I have a few mods and more to come so I can contribute reviews and first-hand experiences. Most importantly, I'm lonely down here!

Please consider my sincere request to be part of this esteemed list.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-17-2004, 07:32 AM
mdacko

guys, we dont discriminate against ohio residents right?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:03 AM
mickey

Hey Charles,

How are you! Sorry for the late reply, I just came back from a two week vacation.

My DB Enthusiast Z order was placed in January, expecting delivery soon. If you are out of town on 4/3, we can hookup later when you get back.

I hope my Z comes in before 4/3 for the meet. If not, I will still go and meet everyone. It will be nice to a see everyone in person.

Thanks again for following up with me Chareles! I will look you up when my Z gets here.

Rgd,
Mickey

Originally posted by chahny
[B]Z's everywhere! I swear I've seen most of you on the road at one time or another. I'm not sure if I can make it on 4/3 as I might be out of town.

Mickey, sorry I haven't been in touch, but we should grab lunch like we talked about. Did you get your Z?

Later,
another silverstone Z

]

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List