Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:36 AM
enZineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT

Originally posted by mdacko
damn, another Lemans. Just kidding. Hey am I the only Z without the Greddy TT setup?
No kidding -- I thought I was getting a unique color combination as well... There are a few of us who thought so!

I don't have the TT conversion either... Will probably keep it mostly stock, but considering an intake upgrade...
Old 03-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Cain96

1. MySunset350Z - Dearborn Heights
2. etx - Canton
3. Jspec350Z - West Bloomfield
4. mihalko1 - F Hills
5. Spartan1510 - Livonia
6. eddytsi - Sterling Heights
7. vrmac-Royal Oak
8. Thaddeus - Grass Lake(350zmotoring.com)
9. Mickey - Ann Arbor
10. Yancy - Sterling Heights
11. Archman350z - Novi
12. Matt - Sterling Hts
13. Cain96-Novi (I work at Nissan Tech. Center North America)
Old 03-12-2004, 12:13 PM
mdacko

umm. i seem to have dissapeared from your list Cain.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
MySunset350Z

lol, welcome to the board cain.

our list is a little bit longer then that. you didnt read far enough. i dont blame you though. 10 pages is annoying to go through.

here's the actual Detroit Area Z List
-----------------------------------
2. etx - Canton
4. mihalko1 - Farmington Hills
5. Spartan1510 - Livonia
7. vrmac - Royal Oak
8. Thaddeus - Grass Lake
9. Mickey - Ann Arbor
11. Archman350z - Novi
12. Matt - Sterling Hts
13. Mzack - Ypsilanti
14. Redfoot - Lapeer
15. mberthia - Rochester Hills
16. Z33Fan - Grosse Pointe
17. dillandd - farmington hills
18. Klaudia - Clawson
19. Travic - Redford
20. motor city z - Livonia
21. mdacko - Ann Arbor
22. afterdarkz - Grand Rapids
23. enZineer - Auburn Hills
24. cain96 - Novi

we probably have as many TT z's as we have stock z's. getting out of hand people. its ok, ill just trade cars with etx when he isnt looking.

mzack, keep working on those 2 people. the more the better.

updated the 4/3 meet list. 1 g35 added, and one possible 350z-er added.

4/3 (bw3 or track or both)
----------------------------
mzack(both)
thaddeus(bw3)
etx(both)
mysunset350z(both)
spartan1510(both)
+2 z-owners not on my350z.com(both)
motor city z (both)
+3 G35 owners (both)
mdacko (both)
yancy (both)
mberthia (bw3, maybe both)
enzineer (bw3, maybe both)
z33fan (will try to make it)
Old 03-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Jspec350z

Well my trip to dick scott today was an interesting one. I am getting new tires, grease problem is fixed, and getting a new trans!! Well looks like I am driving a bad *** Altima for a few days. They said thursday next week maybe!! On another note I am very happy with Dick Scott's service!! Well just though I would share
Old 03-13-2004, 01:01 AM
mzack

New trans. What was going on with that?

I just found out that my InjenSES1985 is on backorder. Should have it in time for the meet though. Hope!

Cain96. I used to work just down the road from you. You are on Country Club Drive correct?
Old 03-13-2004, 01:05 AM
mzack

Jspec did they say anything about your mods. I am very interested in any comments they had.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:19 AM
Cain96

Yeah were right on Country Club Drive in Farmington Hills close to the 12 Mile & Haggerty Rd. intersection. This would be a cool place for the group to meet up. I know the day of the Woodward dream cruise, ALL new and old Z's come to Nissan to meet up for a group ride.. Maybe we could do something like that.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:07 AM
MySunset350Z

ok jason, ill just have to swing by dick scott on monday and see what they can do with my grease problem. maybe ill call first.

good day to install a pulley. wish me luck.

1 more person added that will be attending the meet.

4/3 (bw3 or track or both)
----------------------------
mzack(both)
thaddeus(bw3)
etx(both)
mysunset350z(both)
spartan1510(both)
+2 z-owners not on my350z.com(both)
motor city z (both)
+3 G35 owners (both)
mdacko (both)
yancy (both)
mberthia (bw3, maybe both)
enzineer (bw3, maybe both)
z33fan (will try to make it)
cain96 (bw3)
Old 03-13-2004, 09:19 AM
enZineer

Default Posted event to calendar...

I posted the event to the calendar. Looks like the calendar doesn't get much use, but someone might see it, who knows.

https://my350z.com/forum/calendar.php

Second: Have any of you guys had problems with vandalism?

Back in August, I got a call to take my car to the dealer (Tamaroff) for a voluntary "test" of the ECU -- they gave me a $100 gift cert. for Nissan promotional merchandise. Apparently they were calling a random sampling of Nissan owners with this engine, so that included Murano owners. At any rate, I showed up and there were two other Z owners there.

There was a black touring and a silver enthusiast if my memory serves me correctly. The guy with the silver car (a German guy living here and working for a supplier) had his car keyed in Royal Oak shortly after he purchased it. It was parked in a parking garage.

The guy with the black car was telling me about his vandalism and I was half listening, half thinking about whatever else... Kind of like, "Mm hm, man that sucks."

The car pulls up from the service bay and the first thing I noticed was the minispare at front left. I'm like, "Dude... What happened to your tire?" He just says, "Oh, they slashed it." So I approach the car to give it a 360° inspection and my blood pressure immediately hit target levels. This thing is completely trashed. Keyed from front to back on both sides, little swirls keyed into the rear decklid, and of course and nice dent in the direct center of the roof.

Then, I noticed a huge scratch on the passenger side that were perfectly straight across the RR wheel arch. At first it looked as though someone dragged a sand-covered sole of their shoe across it... But it looked too straight. It looked to me like someone was driving the car and cut too close to a high wall, like at a gas station or something.

I asked the guy about it and he said that he was definitely not driving it... He left the country on business for about three weeks and handed the keys over to his brother. When he came back, the car was in "this" condition.

His bro had it parked in Farmington Hills when the damage occurred.

I was a little skeptical about the scratch on the RR wheel arch, but the rest was definitely vandalized. I shook the guy's hand and apologized to him... If that was my car, my head probably would've exploded.

As it is, when I park my car around here, I'm very f'in nervous. I'm a Yooper, been living and working down here for the last five years -- since I graduated from college. After five years, I'm still not used to the high number of a--holes with a chip on their shoulder around here (no offense to anyone). Every time I get into my car I inspect it for dings and/or scratches. I guess it doesn't help that this is my first new car...
Old 03-13-2004, 09:33 AM
chahny

Z's everywhere! I swear I've seen most of you on the road at one time or another. I'm not sure if I can make it on 4/3 as I might be out of town.

Mickey, sorry I haven't been in touch, but we should grab lunch like we talked about. Did you get your Z?

Later,
another silverstone Z

-----------------------------------
2. etx - Canton
4. mihalko1 - Farmington Hills
5. Spartan1510 - Livonia
7. vrmac - Royal Oak
8. Thaddeus - Grass Lake
9. Mickey - Ann Arbor
11. Archman350z - Novi
12. Matt - Sterling Hts
13. Mzack - Ypsilanti
14. Redfoot - Lapeer
15. mberthia - Rochester Hills
16. Z33Fan - Grosse Pointe
17. dillandd - farmington hills
18. Klaudia - Clawson
19. Travic - Redford
20. motor city z - Livonia
21. mdacko - Ann Arbor
22. afterdarkz - Grand Rapids
23. enZineer - Auburn Hills
24. cain96 - Novi
25. chahny - Ann Arbor
Old 03-13-2004, 10:00 AM
enZineer

Unhappy Calendar entry probably not visible...

Doh!

The calendar entries are probably for the user who posted them only.

An admin will probably have to post public events.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Jspec350z

chadi call first they have to order a kit. Doug in service was very helpful. My car was grinding on 2nd to 3rd shifts. As for the mods I only have a plenum and injen right now. So they didn't say anything. At least not yet!!! I am impressed thus far with the service department. Lets see if everything works out well.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:56 PM
MySunset350Z

they probably dont have any of the grease tsb parts in stock. im going to wait though until i get my new tires from tammaroff. nissan has been trying to get a hold of me for the past 2 days for some reason. i keep getting some 800# on my caller ID, but im not home when they call. i wonder what thats all about. i hope its one of those survey people asking how the service was, then i could do some venting.

one of my good friends helped me out with installing my UR crank pulley earlier today. i noticed that a lot of people have 340981234 different ways of doing it. after we decided on what way to go about it, the whole process took about an hour to complete. the only tools needed were an 18inch breaker bar, some penetrating oil and a few different sized sockets. total cost was about $35 (because i had to buy a breaker bar), compared to the $150+ i was going to be charged at livernios motor sports. i think im going to do a write up about this when i get some free time. maybe even post some pics. i think its actually easier to install the pulley with an auto trans then it is with the manual. all im gonna say is we used the "blip the engine" method. worked like a charm.

as for power. the car responds a lot quicker to the gas pedal. it seems like its easier to take off.? even with 2 people in the car, it had no problem spinning off the start. and we're not talking chirp here. i dont know. ill have to get on it tomorrow with only myself in the car. i guess the only way to really see if it was effective is at the track or dyno (dyno in 2 weeks). ill have to compare my best N/A run from last summer.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:17 PM
blafo

Hello everyone, Mike from Royal Oak here...nice to come accross a detriot area thread... Just got my Z this January. Looking forward to possibly meeting up with some of you locals.

yes...another LaMans, I acually only seen 1 other on the road...I passed it coming from work in Commerce Twp a few times.

couple questions

where can I get a dyno done around here?
do you know any shops that will install test pipes around here?

Thanks!

2004 La Mans Sunset Roadster
Old 03-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Jspec350z

blafo do you come up halsted road between pontiac trail and walnut? If so I saw you the other day also. I was like I may need to get a roadster this summer. Well Maybe.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:21 PM
blafo

yup, that was me, i remember seeing you...i think thats when i realized my horn didnt work...still have got around to checking the fuse.

Its been spending most of the time in the garage because of the weather...going to take it to work tomorrow though, going to have my borla exhaust installed.

can wait untill the weather get nice...havent dropped the top yet!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:05 AM
Yancy

blafo,
Godspeed Inc can install your test pipes and dyno your car. 248-305-8140. Ask for Dan. The shop is located in Novi off of 9 mile. I think you'll see after your dyno that your car will be running lean with the test pipes and borla TD exhaust. Welcome to the board by the way and congrats on the new Z.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Jspec350z

I wonder what he would charge to install the test pipes. I was going to do it myself but if it's cheap enough I will have them do it. Maybe I will give them a call also. Blafo you have a sweet Z. I like the black top on the sunset it looks really nice. See you at the meets this summer or maybe just passing on halsted !!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:09 AM
mzack

Another added to the list. Awsome

Does anyone know the different brands, prices, and performance rating for aftermarket Plenums. I am beginning the research process for changing out the Plenum.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List