Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Jspec350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed that picture Paint shop pro 8 was screwing up my compression!!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 AM
archman350z

Default Re: Re: Track Time at MI International Speedway

Originally posted by Thaddeus
Can you recomend a brake fluid as well as a pad type and manufacturer?

Thanks
Well, that depends...how much do you want to spend and what are you looking to do? As far as brake fluid, there is none higher than Castrol SRF (in both price and performance). This is what I'll be using in a few weeks here when the weather stabilizes. Motul RBF600 is also very good. Check Stoptech's website, as they've got a good chart on the different brake fluids. Pads. I've run the Hawk HP+ at Gingerman last year. They worked flawlessly all day at 9/10ths and were able to withstand enough heat to boil the stock fluid in the Brembos. They grip like hell, but also dust like hell (I don't use them on the street). A few friends are running Hawk HPS and they seem happy with them for the street.

Man, I go away to Germany for a few weeks and this forum has taken off!!!! 10 pages! I'll also try to make it to BW3s, but that's if I don't go to Mid-Ohio. Maybe I'll see you all there!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:59 PM
MySunset350Z

that should look pretty sweet jason. wouldnt work in my case though with the nav being there n all. but definitely the best spot for those gauges.

got my car back from the dealership today. they ordered me new front tires. but they wouldnt even give me a straight answer as to what the cause was. i knew it was because of the first time i got the feathering tsb done. either way, it doesnt matter as long as they get me new tires. BUT they wont do anything about the hairline cracks under the clear coat all over my front bumper. they said its because the bumper has damage on its underside. i dont think bottoming out would cause that kind of damage. imma have to get a hold of nissan to talk about this one. oh and they tried to feed me some bs line about how they wont be able to fix my grease problem because of my tint, and how close nissan made their window thickness specs. riiiiiight.

and... a little update on the list. 1 z owner not on my350z.com added. i am going to email everyone on the list that we havent heard from probably tomorrow. we should find out pretty soon how this meet is going to turn out.

i know your all thinking it, so ill just go ahead and say it....im a post *****...i know. bla

4/3 (bww or track or both)
----------------------------
mzack(both)
thaddeus(bww)
etx(both)
mysunset350z(both)
spartan1510(both)
+2 z-owners not on my350z.com(both)
motor city z (both)
+2 G35 owners (both)
mdacko (both)
Old 03-10-2004, 10:18 PM
mzack

What dealership did you go to? Wasn't Dick Scott I hope!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:30 PM
mzack

33 and still a kid. Live hard!

As a side note to the feathering issue. Nissan has a toe-in problem with the front end and has no real fix. Part of the problem is the suspension on the car. All the information I have read on this forum and others along with talking to the dealership. They should ajust the front end to get it within Nissan Spec. You should request this. I had this done at the dealership for free along with new tires.

I have also heard that the tires are the cause. This comes from other owners that changed the tires out and went to other brands.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Jspec350z

I am taking my car in on friday morning for the grease and feathering issues. He said that they had to order a kit to fix the windows and he was ordering tires just in case. Well lets see how dick scott does with service the buying was top notch. This is my 1st service visit with 9900 miles on the car. I am also going to do the 7500 mile service. No oil change though mobil 1 costs a fortune to replace .
Old 03-11-2004, 05:54 AM
mzack

I do not have the grease problem but had the tire problem. Your situation is playing out just like mine. They ordered the tires, did the front end ajustments and replaced the tires. I hope you odometer is below 12K because that is suppose to be the cut off point.

I plan to get new rims and tires next winter. I think it is a tire issue also. Feathering should not happen so easily but for some reason, the front end cannot not be out of wack one bit for these tires. The only other possibilty is the suspension being so bouncey that the front end cannot handle it and the feathering happens.

I have a question for you. You have the crawford plenum. Does that put the warranty in danger at all? Is it easy to install and what exactly do you get as far as performance?

thanks,

zman
Old 03-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Jspec350z

Mzack no idea weather my mods will screw up my warranty. I would think they would be a little more worried about the nitrous then the plenum. If you decide on buying it and you need help I am sure I could give you a hand. It is easy!!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:17 AM
MySunset350Z

i go to tamaroff on telegraph, they're not great, but im sure there's worse then them.

i had them them do the tire tsb a while ago (around 4-5k miles) but they didnt change the tires. now i have a little over 11k on my car. maybe thats y they didnt ask any questions this time and just went ahead and ordered me new tires. they were probably expecting it? i dont care if it happens again, ill just keep getting new front tires every 12k miles on nissans tab. their problem. im just real annoyed at this paint problem on my front bumper. $350 to repaint. ill just wait until i've bought all the stuff on my "list o stuff to get", and if nothing else shows up with the paint by then, ill just have it repainted i guess.

jason are you selling your nitrous kit?

does anyone know where i can get my crank pulley installed for under $100? everywhere i go they want 120-170 for it. not worth it. i just might do it myself, like everything else i've done to my car. why ruin a pattern now right?

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 03-11-2004 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Spartan1510

Can anyone here RECOMMEND a dealer with good service? I need to take mine in as well, but have already had a bad experience with one Nissan dealer...

Can anyone recommend the person that they dealt with as well?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 12:30 PM
mdacko

ann arbor nissan fired the two jack*sses that they had and re-hired the old service manager Chuck, he is awsome. I really hated that place for a while but now its much better. If you take your car in to Chuck, request this guy name Stein to work on your car, you should be all set. You can mention my name too, (Michelle), Chuck and I get along well. That place has really pulled it together in the past month or so. Also, werent you having that rattle problem in your console? They fixed mine, it was the temperature sensor that was rattling and they ordered a new part and are fixing it. Anyway, A2 nissan was lookin crappy for a while, but with the old service manager back, i really like them again.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Yancy

I'm 30. Ad me to the list for BW3's on April 3. I will also try to make the track too
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List-1.jpg  
Old 03-11-2004, 03:46 PM
MySunset350Z

Thumbs down

i tried emailing everyone last night, but most people are not accepting emails from my350z.com. kinda kills the whole idea of being able to reach one another? right, anyway i pm-ed whoever wasnt allowing emails. i wasnt able to reach "dillandd", no email, and pm box is non existant. to top it all off, about half of the people i pm-ed havent been on my350z.com in months. i doubt any of them will be checking their pm box anytime soon. oh well, we'll c what happens. oh i didnt pm jspec because he is picking florida over our first meet. go figure!!

sweet setup yancy.

the list...

4/3 (bww or track or both)
mzack(both)
thaddeus(bww)
etx(both)
mysunset350z(both)
spartan1510(both)
motor city z (both)
+2 G35 owners (both)
mdacko (both)
yancy (both)
Old 03-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Jspec350z

chadi I would rather go racing and eating wings but friggin Mickey Mouse is calling!! 2 weeks in florida sounds like fun anyways!!
Old 03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
enZineer

Default New one...

Hey guys, I saw one of Yancy's posts, looked at his profile and saw "LAST POST: Detroit Area Z List".

Started looking around at other forums because 350zforum.com (wskellenger) just wasn't doing it for me anymore. A lot of nonsense threads and poor organization IMHO. This forum is extremely active!

The details:
'03 LeMans Touring 6MT (stock)
Orange interior
Purchased July 26 from Tamaroff.

I'm 28. I work in vehicle development in the area of electronic braking systems (ESP/VDC specifically) in Auburn Hills.

No problems as of yet. Not very happy with the Bose system, especially compared to a co-workers Lexus IS300 which is incredible. Will try to get the "clarity" TSB work done after I put the car back on the road here shortly.

There are a couple of Sunsets and one Daytona up in this area...

I may have actually seen Yancy's car parked down in Sterling Heights by the BW3. I idled across the parking lot and saw a guy coming toward the car wearing a suit/tie. It was silver, had an aftermarket grille, a very small aftermarked sticker on the rear 1/4 window. The car looked great, was parked off by itself. The guy approached as I was moving on, I gave him a wave as I drove out. This would've been late fall of last year.

I also saw a Brickyard Z down near St. Clair Shores one afternoon last summer, did the wave as we passed each other. Brickyard was my second choice for color -- have seen very few.

I have never seen the Pikes Peak white yet.

Anyone considering the trek to CA for the convention in June? My first car (when I was 16) was an '82 280ZX. I drove it from the UP down to St. Louis in around '92 for the convention, it was a great experience and now that I've got another Z, I'm looking forward to getting back into the spirit.

Someone mentioned the idea of a line of Zs on the interstate being cool... It is. Brings a huge grin to my face when I recall my buddy with his '72 240 and myself with the '82 pulling onto the interstate and getting in line with the Texas Z club, convoy the rest of the way to the convention hotel.

For now, count me *IN* for April 4th at BW in Novi (was that 12:00 or 1:00p?). Might go out to Milan and watch also. Looking forward to checking out the TTs!
Old 03-11-2004, 06:33 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally posted by Jspec350z
chadi I would rather go racing and eating wings but friggin Mickey Mouse is calling!! 2 weeks in florida sounds like fun anyways!!
lol, im just messin with you jason. have fun man, and let us know when you get back so we can start working on a 2nd meet.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:52 PM
MySunset350Z

welcome to the forum enzineer. i bought my z from tammaroff too. the happiest day on earth was march 17th, 2003. too bad it snowed for 2 days after that. its almost been a year. there seems to be a lot of lemans sunsets in michigan. i didnt think it'd be that popular.

by the way, the meet is the 3rd of april not the 4th. on a saturday. hope you can still make it. as for what time, 12pm is the "official" start, but it really doesnt matter, just get there too late. we're there just to have some fun and enjoy other z-ers company.

one more update. 2 new people added. i like. i like a lot.

4/3 (bw3 or track or both)
mzack(both)
thaddeus(bw3)
etx(both)
mysunset350z(both)
spartan1510(both)
motor city z (both)
+2 G35 owners (both)
mdacko (both)
yancy (both)
mberthia (bw3, maybe both)
enzineer (bw3, maybe both)
Old 03-12-2004, 03:07 AM
mzack

This is getting real good. A long time in the making. I may have one or two Zers not on the list. I am working on it.

One more day of this snow and then Saturday maybe good for washing and waxing the "MACHINE" and putting my engine cover on.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:20 AM
Yancy

enZineer,
Hey guy welcome to the board. Yeah, that was probably me that you saw outside BW3 in Sterling Heights. I think I was just coming out of the tanning salon which is next to BW3.

MySunset350Z, add another G35 to the list. A guy I work with is planning on bringing his blue G35 to the meet.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:20 AM
mdacko

damn, another Lemans. Just kidding. Hey am I the only Z without the Greddy TT setup? I think there are at least 5 of us with it, Im starting to feel left out!! Hmmm.....graduating from college in 2 months.....perhapse graduation present equals.....Greddy TT! Yeah right.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List