Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Yancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in for the meet also.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:25 AM
mzack

I was just looking at the calendar and April 3rd sprung out at me. What do you all think about that day. Its a Saturday. We could have a back up day later in the month if the weather is bad.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Thaddeus

Originally posted by mzack
I was just looking at the calendar and April 3rd sprung out at me. What do you all think about that day. Its a Saturday. We could have a back up day later in the month if the weather is bad.

April 3 sounds good.

Where is this to be??
Old 03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
mzack

BW3 in Novi. I don't think we need to get permission. The lot is huge. We should do it like 1 or 2 pm
Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Thaddeus

BW3 in Novi. I don't think we need to get permission. The lot is huge. We should do it like 1 or 2 pm
I am not that familiar with Novi, directions to BW3 if you would.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:29 AM
mzack

Take 23 north from M-14 to 96. Go East on 96 about 15 miles to the Novi Raod exit. You will go north on Novi road about .5 miles to 12 mile road. Go west on 12 mile for about .75 miles and there will be a Galyons Outdoor store. BW3 is on the south side of the complex. You can actually see BW3 from 96. Its on ht enorth side of the Highway next to the Great Indoors.

I would say your about a 45 min. drive from Grass Lake.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:37 PM
etx

Oh man! April 3rd is the first day Milan is open! We should all meet up there. Perhaps we could meet at BW3 the Sat. before the 3rd.

On a side note:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....9&pagenumber=2

^ Morons bashing our city. Mabye they don't know the Z was in part designed and manufactured here. I am really starting to dislike this forum.

You guys are cool tho.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
afterdarkZ

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mzack
I am on line with mod fever. I am looking for a carbon fiber plastice engine cover. I saw one about two months ago on a site and cannot find it. I am also looking at cat backs.

If you haven' t found it yet, Motorsport Auto has them
Old 03-02-2004, 08:54 PM
MySunset350Z

Originally posted by etx
Oh man! April 3rd is the first day Milan is open! We should all meet up there. Perhaps we could meet at BW3 the Sat. before the 3rd.

On a side note:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....9&pagenumber=2

^ Morons bashing our city. Mabye they don't know the Z was in part designed and manufactured here. I am really starting to dislike this forum.

You guys are cool tho.
i made sure to put in my .02 on that thread.

i just noticed that the track opens on the 3rd.
i'd much rather go to the track, but i think this can be a good place to meet for a first time. the one thing i dont like about it, is if no one shows up (or only 2 people show up like last time), then you're stuck there with nothing to do. if it was at the track, it really doesnt matter how many people show up, even though its nice when you get a lot of people to show.

i was thinking we should try to set up our first couple meets at once. april 3rd would be our first meet at that novi location and then we have either the 7th, or 10th of april for our 2nd meet at milan.

ill try to setup a list this weekend, and pm everyone on the list to get things started.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:30 AM
mzack

I like April 3rd. Tehre are a few people that are not members out this forum that I will try and get there. One is from Ann Arbor and one from Troy.

After seeing Etx rip apart the freaks from Cali, I can't wait to see his car. We could move the day to Sunday the 4th if the 3rd causes people to not show because of Milan.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Thaddeus

Take 23 north from M-14 to 96. Go East on 96 about 15 miles to the Novi Raod exit. You will go north on Novi road about .5 miles to 12 mile road. Go west on 12 mile for about .75 miles and there will be a Galyons Outdoor store. BW3 is on the south side of the complex. You can actually see BW3 from 96. Its on ht enorth side of the Highway next to the Great Indoors.

I would say your about a 45 min. drive from Grass Lake.
Thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Thaddeus

This is slightly off subject but I am hoping some of you have experience with the following.

I am planing to take a two day driving course with Track Time out of Manchester and driving at the track outside of Brooklyn.

They have vehicles to rent (BMW M3 ??) but the person I spoke with recomended I use my vehicle due to the advantage of learning on what I will be driving.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:02 AM
mzack

Is this by Manchester, MI. If so, how much does it cost. That sound interesting.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Thaddeus

Is this by Manchester, MI. If so, how much does it cost. That sound interesting.
Yes, both in Michigan.

The class is $300 per day.

The car adds $500 per day.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:55 PM
etx

I know we have exotic car rental places around here. I bet they would freak if you took it to a track!

Thanks for backin me up MySunset350Z. I gotta goto milan on the 3rd! I've been waiting all winter. I dunno which car I will be taking, mabye both.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Redfoot

Default Track Time at MI International Speedway

I did this last year with my Z. It was a lot of fun. It is a very well run program. Along with the track sessions there is classroom time that will help you understand the fundamentals of performance driving. Lots of in car instruction also. Due to the cost of this program the class sizes are smaller and the on track mentality is more educated. Diversity of vehicles ran from the family Ford Contour to a Ferrari F-40, with some Porches, Vetts, & others. I was never jammed up behind anyone for more than a few turns. This is a fast hard braking track since you use both the inner road course then enter the oval at turn 3 and then back to the road portion after the front straight, if you push it you will be slowing down after the straight from about 130+. You MUST at the very least change your brake fluid to some flavor of racing fluid. If your not running on Brembo or some other BBK, your rear pads will probably be toast. I went home with metal to metal scraping and screetching because I didn't bring a replacement set of pads. If you can swing it I'd do both days. About 1/2 as many drivers show up on Sunday, leaving you more time & more space to drive. I did this course bone stock & had a blast.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Jspec350z

Talking

You guys have to pick a day when I will be in florida!! Oh well. I will meet up with your guys at one of the meets this summer.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:08 PM
MySunset350Z

not a prob etx.

mzack, let me know how those greenstuff pads work out for you ie, braking performance and brake dust. im getting annoyed with the stock pads. too much dust.

jspec, of all the other "colder" days you could of went to florida, you pick the time when it finally warms up around here?? when do you get back?
Old 03-03-2004, 09:23 PM
MySunset350Z

i have an idea. opening day is the 3rd. the track is open from 1-8pm. we can all meet up at bww in novi, around 12-1pm, hang around there until maybe around 3-3:30pm. from there, whoever wants to , can head on to the track for some more fun until 8pm. anyone like the idea of having a row of 10-15z's on the freeway? or am i the only idiot?

keep in mind, just because youre at the track, it doesnt mean you have to race. you can walk around and check out other cars, or just sit in the stands and watch. might be something to do for your first time around, just to get the feel of things? maybe? no?

anyway. is there any interest in this or would people just rather stick to a single event a day. i emailed all the other non 350z.com people to see what they want to do. ill try n get a hold of the g35-ers too. let me know which of the 3 "events" youre interested in and ill add your name. or you can just do it yourself....BUT, DONT DELETE OTHER PEOPLES NAMES!!. was that loud enough?......right. toodles.

4/3(bww or track 1-8pm)
---------------------------------
mzack (bww)
thaddeus (bww)
etx (track)
mysunset350z (both?)

4/7(track 4-9pm)
--------------------------------

4/10(track 1-8pm)
-------------------------------
mysunset350z
Old 03-04-2004, 05:13 AM
mzack

I like your idea of meeting up early then going to Milan. I only live 8 miles from Mialn so I will be going with you guys. I live south of ypsilanti about 6 miles.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List