Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Jspec350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ETX no friggin way!! I am so jealous! You going to install it yourself? If you want talk to guru here. He is in novi and has installed one already. If you need any help, Or you need a spectator shoot me an email.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Yancy

Congrats etx. Dan should have my Greddy TT install finished early next week. Doesn't really matter when it gets done though cuz its going straight to my garage until this weather gets a lot better. I was down at godspeed today to pick up some of the old parts off my Z and to take a look at how everything is going. Man that looks like a difficult job to install that TT kit. My advice, have Dan install it and save yourself the time, worry, and hassle of doing it yourself. We're going got have some fast Z's around here come srping
Old 01-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Jspec350z

I can't wait to see your cars guys. We will have to do a few nitrous verus Greddy twin turbo runs down at milan on a track night. I will have to go with a 150 shot if I ever get it to work that is .
Old 01-18-2004, 11:06 AM
MySunset350Z

wow, we're going to have a lot of fast Z's come next summer. we definatly have to do some greddy vs n2o runs. should be very very interesting.

jspecz, your still trying to figure out whats wrong with ur instal? what issues are you having?
Old 01-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Jspec350z

Who knows!! The 350z has not moved in a month!! No salt on it at all. Although my beater is on Ebay right now. I will work on it in the next few weeks and we can talk about it then.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:22 AM
mzack

I cannot wait until this spring. You guys are doing a lot over this winter. I just plan to put on an Injen SES when they become more available. How will test pipes help with HP. Are they easy to install?
Old 01-19-2004, 06:45 AM
MySunset350Z

test pipes get rid of the cats, so theres a definate free-ing up of HP, i forget how much it exactly was. its the cheapest exhaust mod you can get. next step would be cat back exhaust, then headers. headers being the most costly.

but i guess there is going to be some major stank involved with putting test pipes on.

as for how hard they are to install, ill find out in march/april when i put mine on. shouldnt be too bad 16 bolts total i think.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:10 AM
mzack

Well I decided to drive the Z to work today. I had trouble getting out of my street. A liitle snow still on it. Spin spin spin. Ok after I got on the main road. I am glad I have the 95 winter beater.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Thaddeus

Originally posted by mzack
Well I decided to drive the Z to work today. I had trouble getting out of my street. A liitle snow still on it. Spin spin spin. Ok after I got on the main road. I am glad I have the 95 winter beater.

As sacrilegious as some may find it, I am driving my 350 through the winter. Tires? winter rated on cheap 5 spoker whels. I tried the original tires on snow while wating for the Nissan engineers to visit Ann Arbor for 'feathering' discussions. A very interesting experience on snow without the winter tires. Winter tires make the Z very manageable.

Drove through 6 inches of fresh snow in my drive way (200 freet) and had no trouble.

So, when do we rent a track? Not having driven a track before, what preperation is required for the car and the driver?

Old 01-25-2004, 04:49 PM
MySunset350Z

its not so bad driving the Z in the winter, other then not making it up my driveway once.. i didnt have much of an option this winter, but hopefully ill be able to get a beater for next winter.

i think for the first time around we wont be renting the track. we'll just set a track date and have whoever wants to go, to just show up. not everyone has to race. you can just show up and watch or walk around, or if you want racing is always fun. we'll just find a spot where we can all park. we should keep the track location close by for the first time around, just to get an idea of who's interested in all this stuff. then we can get into more interesting locations.

as for what you need to bring. if your car is running consistant 13's youll need a helmet. if its stock, odds are you wont be running consistant 13's so you shouldnt have to worry. if your car is running 11's which i dont think anyone of us has that problem, you'll need a roll cage. if you plan on staying the whole day, might wanna bring some food, or you can just buy it at the track. burgers, fries, pop, etc. they do inspect some cars, but thats usually for older cars. we wont have a problem with that.

i think thats about it. im thinking for the first time around we should all go to Milan Dragway, in milan,MI shouldnt be too far of a drive for any of us. if things work out nicely and theres a lot of interest, then we go from there. maybe a course track? by the way, for those who dont know, milan dragqay is a 1/4 mile dragstrip. if you dont know, or havent done it before, all you have to do is watch what people are doing, and you'll know what to do right away. if not, theres a ton of people you can ask who would be more then happy to help. just dont wait until you line up to race before you ask the questions, then people get annoyed. if prices stay at last years rate, it will be $20 to race, or if ur not going to race then its only $10. if you first watch and then decide you want to race, you can always go and pay the extra $10 and get a race pass.

one last thing is, we should start thinking about what day we want to set this up. it would have to be a test and tune day if we're not renting out the track. options are wednesdays, fridays, saturdays and sundays. best day to go is probably wednesday because it usually not as crowded as all other days and the track is open longer. we'll just figure out which days is best for the majority, and go with that. go to milandragway.com to get all the info you need about track days and times. track opens april 3rd....

Last edited by MySunset350Z; 01-25-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Thaddeus

I would prefer a road course. Just the same, I will support the local owners as I am able including going to the drag races. Run or not? I will see when I get there. Last drag racing I did was on the streets and at least 2 decades ago.

Ah yes, the fond memories......
Old 01-25-2004, 06:32 PM
etx

I just got the Z back home and into the garage last night. I installed the Defi boost and egt gauges (they are sick!) and I am working on my pc touch screen setup and odbII scanner.

I'll probably have Dan install the kit. I would do it, but I just can't see how I'm going to get under there to install the manis/turbos/wastegates.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:31 PM
dillandd

1. MySunset350Z - Dearborn Heights
2. etx - Canton
3. Jspec350Z - West Bloomfield
4. mihalko1 - F Hills
5. Spartan1510 - Livonia
6. eddytsi - Sterling Heights
7. vrmac-Royal Oak
8. Thaddeus - Grass Lake(350zmotoring.com)
9. Mickey - Ann Arbor
10. Yancy - Sterling Heights
11. Archman350z - Novi
12. Matt - Sterling Hts
13. dillandd - the hills of farmington
Old 01-27-2004, 06:47 PM
MySunset350Z

etx, make sure u post some pics when everything is done.

and welcome to the board dillandd
Old 01-28-2004, 06:33 AM
mzack

Welcome dillandd.

I have received a couple of emails with contact info for my master list. I will be sending a excel file back to those who send me there contact info for spring and summer meets. I am compiling a list for the group.

mzack@prodigy.net
Old 01-28-2004, 09:17 AM
mihalko1

dillandd...
glad you finally decided to join the crowd
Old 01-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Z33Fan

I'm in. Home in Grosse Pointe Woods. I'll be changing my profile shortly.

Keep the current events going in the forums. I'll meet up somewhere once I bring my Z over from Seattle. Can't wait to drive it through South Dakota - it should only take a few hours...
Old 02-02-2004, 11:55 AM
mihalko1

Have any of you heard about the Fresh Water Tour here in Michigan? Its a 3 day tour of the LP with a stop over at one of the tracks (somwhere near Holland, I believe). My buddy is organizing it on s2ki.com. They have a few hundred people signed up, with many sponsors as well (giveaways galore). I believe the dates are June 3-5. Looks to be very fun and worthwhile.

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/forumd...s=&forumid=121
Old 02-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Klaudia

1. MySunset350Z - Dearborn Heights
2. etx - Canton
3. Jspec350Z - West Bloomfield
4. mihalko1 - F Hills
5. Spartan1510 - Livonia
6. eddytsi - Sterling Heights
7. vrmac-Royal Oak
8. Thaddeus - Grass Lake(350zmotoring.com)
9. Mickey - Ann Arbor
10. Yancy - Sterling Heights
11. Archman350z - Novi
12. Matt - Sterling Hts
13. dillandd - the hills of farmington
14. Klaudia - Clawson
Old 02-03-2004, 09:11 PM
MySunset350Z

mihalko1, that would of been a sweet meet to go to, but its all honda. its mainly honda anyway. i dont know, is anyone actually thinking about attending this one? if a lot of Z's are going to be there then y not.

and welcome to the forum klaudia.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List