Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Thaddeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Z33Fan
My question is, would it be advantageous to request replacement of just the pedal assembly under warranty, if it can be proven to be designed such that excessive wear is a product of how it functions?

I'm asking because I would think that it might help solve many of the problems, without having to replace the entire transmission. I would gladly try to fit into that scenario, as my "grinding" isn't anywhere frequent enough to warrant replacement of my transmission, at least in my case.

I imagin it depends on what you are able to convince your dealer's service department or NNA to do for you.

My experience is it does take a bit of effort for the higher dollar items.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:47 AM
etx

Originally posted by mdacko
gruppe-s, got it painted at Heritage on Carpenter, but i heard they went out of business....other good places are VCR or Ross Beakes. Do you know the guy with black spinners? He has an insane alarm/remote start system

AHhhhh! We have TWO lemans with Nismo wings in the A2 area? Disaster! I live in Canton, about 20 from a2. I had mine painted and installed at Emery Collision in Westland. They did a killer job on it.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:58 AM
etx

Here is a shot of it...

It's so nice out today! Oh man I want to take the Z out for a spin.
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List-z2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2004, 11:28 AM
mzack

Nice. I want to get a wing. Where did you buy it and how much was it? I brough out the Brick today. Its gonna be 50+ this weekend. I think I'll break out the Crystal Guard.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Yancy

Wow, I see that we're getting a lot of Z owners on the list. A friend I work with has a blue G35 with the wing and brembos. Very clean car.

I saw two Z's today on Hall Road around Hall Rd/M-53 at around 8:00 pm. One was black I think and the other looked like a white touring model with stock wing. I was right along side the white one for a while and gave a wave. I wasn't in my Z (I plan on Picking it up this Friday so I can drive it this weekend) but was in my black ford explorer. Either of you guys here?
Old 02-26-2004, 05:47 AM
mdacko

etx youre my twin!!! well for the rest of the week, the Greddy body kit goes on this weekend.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:54 AM
mickey

etx youre my twin!!! well for the rest of the week, the Greddy body kit goes on this weekend.
Is Heritage doing the install/paint?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:56 AM
mickey

Originally posted by mzack
Nice. I want to get a wing. Where did you buy it and how much was it? I brough out the Brick today. Its gonna be 50+ this weekend. I think I'll break out the Crystal Guard.
How did the visit to Dick Scott Service turned out on Thursday? Did they took care of the stall problem?

Mickey
Old 02-26-2004, 11:39 AM
mzack

They could not figure out the stall problem. Its not happening that often. I have a buddy that is an engineer for the v engines for Ford. He said it may be my MAF. When you down shift, the engine torks back and there may be a connection problem. I am going to take a good look at the MAF this weekend and maybe reset the ECU, although he said the ECU is not the problem. I asked Dick Scott about the Pop-charger. They said it is not causing the problem nor would there ever be any waranty issues related to that mod. I asked about exhaust and they said do it!

I guess they are expecting to see a lot of mods on the cars.

I just bought some Greenstuff break pads today from courtesyparts.com. I want to get the Injen SES1985 exhaust but they are always out. Is there another good system to look at? Cat back dual is what I am looking for.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:03 AM
mickey

Default Thanks for the update

They could not figure out the stall problem. Its not happening that often. I have a buddy that is an engineer for the v engines for Ford. He said it may be my MAF. When you down shift, the engine torks back and there may be a connection problem. I am going to take a good look at the MAF this weekend and maybe reset the ECU, although he said the ECU is not the problem. I asked Dick Scott about the Pop-charger. They said it is not causing the problem nor would there ever be any waranty issues related to that mod. I asked about exhaust and they said do it!

I guess they are expecting to see a lot of mods on the cars.

I just bought some Greenstuff break pads today from courtesyparts.com. I want to get the Injen SES1985 exhaust but they are always out. Is there another good system to look at? Cat back dual is what I am looking for.
Thanks for sharing the info. Sorry the cause of problem is undertermined.

Is the Injen SES1985 the angled tail pipe?
How do you like the GReddy EVO2?

If you are going check out your MAF, you can also try clean it:
Clean MAF
Good luck there!
Mickey
Old 02-27-2004, 10:54 AM
mdacko

mickey, i heard heritage went out of business....plus they overcharge. i know a guy that works at toyz with noize and he is hooking me up....im getting a great deal $400 for paint and install.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:08 PM
mickey

mickey, i heard heritage went out of business....plus they overcharge. i know a guy that works at toyz with noize and he is hooking me up....im getting a great deal $400 for paint and install.
Overchage is correct! Just becase they say they specialize in BMW and Benz, then try charage us an arm and a leg.

Good luck with your body kit install, I like the GReddy kit alot, hope your install do a good job matching the paint. I like the name of the shop "toyz with noize"!

Mickey
Old 02-27-2004, 02:36 PM
MySunset350Z

does anyone know roughly what the cost is just to repaint the front bumper?

my cat scratched it with his claws last summer, and the winter salt didnt help. anyway i bought some new reflectors, but i dont want to put them on with my bumper looking the way it is.

ill probably just take off the bumper and take that to the shop by itself. my car will be on stands starting next friday. its time to start putting on all the stuff under my bed.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:12 PM
etx

A shop may have an issue with that. Being a new car your paint may have not faded, but usualy they will blend the pannels with the new paint.

I'm going to get the Bronze volks asap and then probably the nismo body kit. Yeah, I'm a nismo *****.

I got the wing for $200 and painted and installed for $100, very specal price.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:14 PM
mzack

I just spoke with a new Z owner. I was out at Aubrees in Ypsi and I parked right next to a Sunset 04. He has had it since Friday. I gave him my card with the site link. The inside of the sunsets with the leather is an incredable sight.

I am on line with mod fever. I am looking for a carbon fiber plastice engine cover. I saw one about two months ago on a site and cannot find it. I am also looking at cat backs.

We should get back to talking about the meet that brought us all here. I say we do it at the BW3s in Novi. There is a huge lot there. We could do it on a Saturday.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Spartan1510

I'll second B-dubs.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:35 PM
mickey

Default BW3 in Novi

BW3 in Novi sounds good to me too, who knows....we may see the Subaru crew out there too:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=24658
Mickey
Old 03-01-2004, 08:40 AM
mdacko

another lemans around ann arbor/ypsi area? damn, so much for being unique. quit buying lemans Z's!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:36 AM
mzack

I don't have to worry. I think I am one of the few Bricks in Michigan. I think I found the wing that I want. Its by EVO-r. Carbon fiber Type S. $449 + shipping. Not bad.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:32 PM
motor city z

I say we do it at the BW3s in Novi. There is a huge lot there. We could do it on a Saturday.
Count me in for a B-dubs meet too.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List