Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

North Chicago Subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004 | 06:47 AM
shimz350z

location...niles... intersection of dempester and cumberland....

on the cumberland/cemetary side=)
Old 01-10-2004 | 07:21 AM
gotti

I agree, we could do a BBQ and beer thing. Wash the rides and then cruise Morton Grove or where ever.
Old 01-11-2004 | 10:49 AM
Silverstone_350

Hey what's up fellas? I'm from Milwaukee, but I'm in Skokie every other weekend (around Oakton and Crawford). Let me know if you guys get your Z's together sometime - I tried finding Z's in my area but I swear I think I'm the only Z driver up here.
Old 01-11-2004 | 01:45 PM
kopo

what mods does everyone one have? maybe we can meet up sometime and compare
Old 01-11-2004 | 09:33 PM
gotti

Sliver: Nice to meet you and good Idea, my guess is just keep your eyes on this thread.

K: I don't have a whole bunch, just the grounding kit, aero kit, and everything that comes with the Tour. Edt. minus the Nav. unit.I also have kickplates and splash guards. How is the Borla TD? I'm trying to choose between that or the Nismo. Who did your labor on it to....let me know.(I have an auto BTW)
Old 01-11-2004 | 10:25 PM
kopo

Originally posted by gotti
Sliver: Nice to meet you and good Idea, my guess is just keep your eyes on this thread.

K: I don't have a whole bunch, just the grounding kit, aero kit, and everything that comes with the Tour. Edt. minus the Nav. unit.I also have kickplates and splash guards. How is the Borla TD? I'm trying to choose between that or the Nismo. Who did your labor on it to....let me know.(I have an auto BTW)
A friend of mine that works at the JUST TIRES in morton grove put on the exhaust. I like that exhaust, just make sure if you get that one to get it alligned properly because of so many pieces that it consists of. A lot of room for error. If you want you can swing by sometime and check it out. The nismo sounds more like an import where as the borla has the throaty rumble. Both exhaust sound really good, i just got a really good deal on the borla so i picked it up.
Old 01-12-2004 | 07:35 AM
gotti

That's funny about Just Tires, I have a leak and was gonna go up there tomorrow....if I go thru your friend there can he get me a good deal on putting the exhaust on? How much did you pay for the Borla? I was listening to the different exhaust and the Nismo sounds deeper to me but the borla sounds way more aggressive.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:33 AM
kopo

Originally posted by gotti
That's funny about Just Tires, I have a leak and was gonna go up there tomorrow....if I go thru your friend there can he get me a good deal on putting the exhaust on? How much did you pay for the Borla? I was listening to the different exhaust and the Nismo sounds deeper to me but the borla sounds way more aggressive.
I got my borla for $650 locally back in august when they were going for more. now you can probably pick it up for the same price shipped. The borla has a little boomyness inside the car around 1500-2500 rpms, other than that it sounds really good. I never heard the nismo from the inside of the car, but it sounds great on the outside. Im sure my buddy can give you a good deal on the install. It took him about 2 hours to do mine, but that was the first time he ever did a borla exhaust on a Z trust me there is a ton of parts. we ended up looking at the instructions for every pipe, and taking everything off 2 or 3 times. Since you live around here let me know if you want to hear the borla in person. If you want to wait till the spring to get the exhaust, there is a few guys in the area that have different exhausts on (nismo, borla, JIC) and you can hear them in person at the first meet of the year.
Old 01-12-2004 | 09:23 AM
gotti

Nice thanks
Old 01-12-2004 | 09:45 AM
shimz350z

=(....my z is naked...with high gleaming shoes on. i'd love to meet up guys...let's dyno together ha ha!`...hey silver nice to see you jump in. kopo and gotti let's get movin...redline/daytonablue/superblack strollin on golf road ha! i'm ready!...first we all have to get car washes in this focken cold weather! =) hey...gotti & kopo drop by my work sometime "shim's tae kwon do" corner of milwakee and golf. Where all the asian stores are? familiar? WORLD BUFFET?...or better yet CHINA BUFFET ha ha!~...i think you guys know where that is. but let's get something going....someone watch the weather channel. kopo...i really want to hear & see your ZZZZZZZ...=)
Old 01-12-2004 | 10:22 AM
kopo

Speaking of car washes, I hand washed mine yesterday because I thought it was going to be nice weather. Today its already all covered in salt, really sucks.

Shim, let me know when ure working I'll stop by since its 5 minutes away. Btw, we threw a party back in the day at the buffet place, good ol times.
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:22 PM
happypants

Originally posted by kopo
Speaking of car washes, I hand washed mine yesterday because I thought it was going to be nice weather. Today its already all covered in salt, really sucks.

Shim, let me know when ure working I'll stop by since its 5 minutes away. Btw, we threw a party back in the day at the buffet place, good ol times.
Got any tips for hand washing a car in this weather (20-30's)?
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:25 PM
kopo

Wear a lot of warm clothes, and prepare to have frost bite on your hands. Jk. It was in the mid 40s when I washed it yesterday, plus I had hot water running. Wasn't too bad.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:17 PM
gotti

tell ya what, 40 feels like 70 here in the chicago area, i was riding with the windows down....lol who am I kidding? I was in shorts...lol Anyhow the trick for this is to wait til you don't see anymore water on the road from snow melting or else you'll just end up full of salt since that's what the snow is mixing with.
Old 01-12-2004 | 08:23 PM
shimz350z

amen to that gotti...i was dodging cars left and right...and staying away from the car ahead...too bad it was inevitable ugh!

hey pm your numbers to me so i could give you a call.
Old 01-13-2004 | 09:46 PM
mofoz

Hey guys, i almost thought it was me until you said asian guy. i work in morton grove, and i have a superblack z. my work is at oakton and river on the otherside of the menards. we need to have a meet, so head on over to www.chicago350z.com and lets get together. This damn cold weather sucks!
Old 01-15-2004 | 08:44 AM
Blownaway

you guys can bring your cars to my store to have them washed, inside... Nice to have another Black Z on Volks in the Chicagoland area, anyone want to stop by and see my Z with no trans or motor in it feel free. The build up starts Friday....
Old 01-15-2004 | 09:00 AM
gotti

Originally posted by Blownaway
you guys can bring your cars to my store to have them washed, inside... Nice to have another Black Z on Volks in the Chicagoland area, anyone want to stop by and see my Z with no trans or motor in it feel free. The build up starts Friday....
I'm on my way
Old 01-15-2004 | 09:06 AM
shimz350z

same~
Old 01-16-2004 | 12:00 PM
grapela

Well I saw the black z with the 19,s it was around lunch time during the week on Dempster. I have a 04 silverstone enthusiast, I am in sales and was wearing a suit and overcoat. I hope he didn't think I was old, only 27. Anyway I live in the city and would love to start doing some track stuff or just cruises when the weather get's nicer. I would also like to get a baseline dyno before I start throwing money at this car.

Quick Reply: North Chicago Subs