Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

A new Delaware Z's thread, let's meet(date pending)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
deviantZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new Delaware Z's thread, let's meet(date pending)

Date: Sunday, July 30, 2006 (That's next Sunday)
Time: 2:00 PM
Place:
Rendevous: Superfresh Super Market on 896/301 South
Destination: Elk Neck State Park, Maryland

Directions from I-95 Southbound to Superfresh: South on I-95 out of Wilmington, 2-3 miles past the Delaware Service Plaza, look for exit 1B-A for "896 to 301; Newark/Middletown", take the second off ramp, which is exit 1A going South on 896/301 to Middletown. Go 1 mile. On the right you will see the shopping center with the Superfresh Superstore.

We'll meet in front of the grocery store and hang out for about 30-45 minutes, or until everyone who we expect to be there has arrived, which ever comes first. From there we'll take a liesurely cruise down to the park.

Ok Guys,

It's summer, it's gorgeous out, and we all need to get together....somewhere.

I know we're all very busy, but I know that there are quite a few people that would like to meet up.

I'm fairly new to the area, so my suggestions for locales are limited, but I'd like to try to get something together before the end of July. Maybe at the end of July, something like the 28th or 29th? Pending the are no other big meets at the time, etc, etc.

For those interested, please offer some suggestions for locations and dates. I'd prefer a weekend, obviously, but time and place don't really matter to me at this point. It could be a park during the day, a restaraunt at night, a cruise to the Beach, whatever.

If you're interested, let's get some ideas on here and mash it up.

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited by deviantZ; 07-21-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Bullitproof

Give me a heads up. I'm down for it. We could meet at the detail shop i work part-time at, (cleanpro detailing on rt. 40 bear), and maybe do some cruising from there.

Last edited by Bullitproof; 07-14-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:46 PM
DevineOrn

let me know
Old 07-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

I might be interested in coming down from Pa. I am only about 30 mins from Delaware.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:31 AM
BobbyRitz

I'm only 25 minutes from Newark. I'd be down to meet if the location is in that area.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:22 AM
deviantZ

Good to see some responses. Do the dates sound ok? Does anyone have a preference of Saturday or Sunday? I got my dates wrong above, it's the weekend of 29 & 30. Either day would be fine for me, but guess if I were to choose, I'd say Sunday, in the afternoon, say 2 or 3pm. We'll figure out the location and nail down some definite plans once we get a date/time.

So tenatively, I'm saying Sunday, July 30, 2pm. How's that sound?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
deviantZ

Ok, well, I can't update the thread, so I'll just make a new post.

I guess since no one has objected, we're going with Sunday, July 30 at 2pm.

Bullitproof has suggested that we meet at the Cleanpro Detailing on Rt. 40 in Bear, which sounds fine with me. I'll probably have my car shined to a tee prior to arrival, but if you want to get cleaned up while we're there, go for it.

I've been looking on the map for decent cruising roads and Highway 82 out of Wilmington to Kennett Square, PA looks interesting. I'm not sure if that's further than anyone else wants to ride, but I'd like to try it.

I've never been there before so any input would be great.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 AM
mifastZ

Default Different ending location

How about Elk Neck State Park? It's right on the Chesapeake Bay. Its a pretty tight place and very scenic to drive to. Google it and see what you think. It's only 50 min from Deleware. I might be down for going, I live in Philly and have a 03' Lemans Sunset 350z Touring.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to come down and check out the meet. I live in S.Jersey.
And deviantZ welcome to the local area.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 PM
deviantZ

Thanks Megatron, I'm enjoying it so far.

mifastZ, Elk Neck State Park looks like a pretty decent idea. I'm up for it. Perhaps if there's enough interest, we could rent one of the picnic pavillions(if necessary) and do up some brauts or something. I'd have no problem getting a bag of charcoal and some fixings and what not, but for now we'll stick with the idea of a cruise and some photo ops on the Bay.

Everyone up for Elk Neck State Park? We can still meet in Bear prior to riding down to the park, for those that are coming from north of Wilmington.

BobbyRitz, we can meet you in Elkton or at the park if you don't want to come over to Bear just to go back to MD.

Last edited by deviantZ; 07-20-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
ht4

I could be down for this -- but will have to update when the time gets closer.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:48 PM
deviantZ

We'd be glad to meet you. This is next Sunday, so keep us informed.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:56 PM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by deviantZ
Thanks Megatron, I'm enjoying it so far.

mifastZ, Elk Neck State Park looks like a pretty decent idea. I'm up for it. Perhaps if there's enough interest, we could rent one of the picnic pavillions(if necessary) and do up some brauts or something. I'd have no problem getting a bag of charcoal and some fixings and what not, but for now we'll stick with the idea of a cruise and some photo ops on the Bay.

Everyone up for Elk Neck State Park? We can still meet in Bear prior to riding down to the park, for those that are coming from north of Wilmington.

BobbyRitz, we can meet you in Elkton or at the park if you don't want to come over to Bear just to go back to MD.
Not much in Elkton...but that or the park would work by me...Bear isn't bad either...

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 07-20-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:27 PM
deviantZ

I just meant that we could intersect with you in Elkton on the way to the park. That is, pending we get a concensus on cruising to the park.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:52 PM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by deviantZ
I just meant that we could intersect with you in Elkton on the way to the park. That is, pending we get a concensus on cruising to the park.
That sounds good by me...can you tell I'm not difficult?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
mifastZ

I think I'm definitally going to be down for doing this. Saturday or Sunday works good for me. I'll be driving down I-95 so wherever you guys wanna meet is cool with me. I think once we get a larger number of people interested in going we should just pick a central location and meet there, but also not too far from the park b/c we should limit how long we have to drive to the park. Lets start another thread and get some people intrested.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Bullitproof

Sorry guys and girls, but i just heard from my boss, george dubya. Chances are i won't be around on sunday. The shop will be closed but it's still a good place to meet because of the location.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:44 AM
deviantZ

Damn, sorry to hear that Bullitproof. We'll have other meets.

Ok, since Bullitproof is out, and the detailing place will be closed, I'm scratching that off the list and just going to move the rendezvous point to a more centralized location that's closer to the park and somewhere right off I-95, since that's where it looks like most people will be coming from, so here it goes.

These plans are about as finalized as they will get.

Date: Sunday, July 30, 2006 (That's next Sunday)
Time: 2:00 PM
Place:
Rendevous: Superfresh Super Market on 896/301 South
Destination: Elk Neck State Park, Maryland

Directions from I-95 Southbound to Superfresh: South on I-95 out of Wilmington, 2-3 miles past the Delaware Service Plaza, look for exit 1B-A for "896 to 301; Newark/Middletown", take the second off ramp, which is exit 1A going South on 896/301 to Middletown. Go 1 mile. On the right you will see the shopping center with the Superfresh Superstore.

We'll meet in front of the grocery store and hang out for about 30-45 minutes, or until everyone who we expect to be there has arrived, which ever comes first. From there we'll take a liesurely cruise down to the park.

If we get enough interest in the next couple days and decide we'd like to do some sort of eats, I'll call the park and try to reserve a pavillion fro say 3-5pm.

Also, I'm not sure if I should start a new thread about this or not, so I've PM'd O NO and asked him if he could simply change the name of the thread for me. If I don't hear back from him by this evening, I'll post a new, clean thread with all the info.

Ryan

Last edited by deviantZ; 07-21-2006 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:29 AM
deviantZ

Ok, with the help of O NO, I'm closing this thread and moving the discussion to a new thread with the proper info.

https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/205116-delaware-z-meet-elk-neck-state-park-july-30-a.html

O NO, please lock this thread. Thank you.

Last edited by deviantZ; 07-21-2006 at 05:57 AM.