Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Snow in NE Philly....Had to drive the Z home from work...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007 | 07:27 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
I went into work at 8 AM which is earlier than normal, hoping I could get out early because of the snow that was coming. I left aroudn 12, so only half a day but my boss wasn't about to tell me I couldn't go home.

Normally takes me around 25-30 minutes, took me just a little over an hour. 35 MPH on the highway and 17-25 MPH on every other road. I even saw an "abandoned" Redline Z parked on the side of the highway.

I had snow tires, so probably could have made it fast than I did -- but I didn't want to test it. Z and myself got home in one piece without a scratch. Blizzaks FTW!!!

parked the Z thursday night... drove the jeep like it was no tommorow.. man that jeep plows through anything
Old 03-17-2007 | 09:17 PM
Zmazing03

I just want to know who the hell parked their Redline on the side of the Merrit Parkway lol.

If I had a second car I would do the same. So oh well, I can only drive the Z 360 days a year instead of 365.
Old 03-18-2007 | 04:08 PM
mifastZ

I tried to move my car today, and its stuck in the snow. Looks like I'm calling for a ride to work tomorrow. I'm glad my boss likes me.
Old 03-18-2007 | 05:06 PM
Jedi007

Attached Thumbnails Snow in NE Philly....Had to drive the Z home from work...-350zsnow.jpg  
Old 03-18-2007 | 06:13 PM
mifastZ

You guys must have got a lot of freakin snow....I would be crying too, but whats even worse is we don't really have a lot of snow here, but my car is stuck b/c of the damn BFG KDW's don't grip worth $hit.. Hope this crap melts soon.
Old 03-18-2007 | 08:39 PM
sry110

Originally Posted by mifastZ
You guys must have got a lot of freakin snow....I would be crying too, but whats even worse is we don't really have a lot of snow here, but my car is stuck b/c of the damn BFG KDW's don't grip worth $hit.. Hope this crap melts soon.
My Z was stuck yesterday too. I even dug out in front of and behind all four tires but it turns out that the rear wheels were each sitting on a 5 square inch patch of ice and wouldn't get traction (and these are my snow tires!). Once everything was dug out, my neighbor threw down some kitty litter behind the rears and gave the front a little push as I reversed out, and that worked like a charm. If you have any kitty litter or sand and someone to give you a push, that might be worth a try. You're probably having the same problem I had, which was caused by parking the car on top of the bed of ice pellets on Friday night after work. Snow FTL.
Old 03-19-2007 | 06:03 AM
doug

Originally Posted by mifastZ
well here in CT we got 12 - 20 inches through out the state
Old 03-19-2007 | 06:04 AM
doug

Originally Posted by sry110
My Z was stuck yesterday too. I even dug out in front of and behind all four tires but it turns out that the rear wheels were each sitting on a 5 square inch patch of ice and wouldn't get traction (and these are my snow tires!). Once everything was dug out, my neighbor threw down some kitty litter behind the rears and gave the front a little push as I reversed out, and that worked like a charm. If you have any kitty litter or sand and someone to give you a push, that might be worth a try. You're probably having the same problem I had, which was caused by parking the car on top of the bed of ice pellets on Friday night after work. Snow FTL.
next time have your neighbor sit on the trunk.. or put some sandbags in the trunk
Old 03-19-2007 | 03:04 PM
mifastZ

Well I tried the kitty litter method today with no luck. Now the rear of my Z is sitting in the mud, I guess I'm waiting until the end of the week when its in the upper 60's.
Old 03-19-2007 | 04:27 PM
Zmazing03

I tried to move my car today, and its stuck in the snow. Looks like I'm calling for a ride to work tomorrow. I'm glad my boss likes me.
Oh come on now, just dig it out! I did. Took me well over an hour, but it got done.

I filled my gas the night before we got the storm. Fuel weighs 8 lbs per gallon, so if you are adding 12 gallons you are adding almost 100 lbs to the rear, which definately helps with grip.

As I type this, it is currently snowing again. Only an inch or two this time they say. Can't wait until Thursday and this weekend when it will be 50-60.
Old 03-27-2007 | 05:09 PM
trodis
350Z-holic
Premier Member

ughh...had to p/u my new Z couple weeks ago during the 7+ inches. This was really the 1st time I had driven a Z and pulled down my hill and turned into my driveway and the backend slid out and came 6inches from hitting my brothers car. 25mph isnt the way you should be driving in your brand new Z down rt. 9 :<
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:22 PM
CelticPride2

Originally Posted by trodis
ughh...had to p/u my new Z couple weeks ago during the 7+ inches. This was really the 1st time I had driven a Z and pulled down my hill and turned into my driveway and the backend slid out and came 6inches from hitting my brothers car. 25mph isnt the way you should be driving in your brand new Z down rt. 9 :<
Ouch...glad to to see you survived your first day.