Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 AM
scmtkings4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is New York just not a profitable area for car shops or something?

never hear news of good shops opening around here
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
wbanasan

Default Poor Vendor experience from JTune performance of Delaware, formally CARV2

Just wanted to pass it on to other enthusiast with this experience. Last winter I had J-tuned removed my motor so my engine bay can be painted. After the installation the shop noticed that my power steering is inoperative. J-tuned thought of a possibility that it could be my new wheels that's causing the issue. Although the new wheels are the same exact size and off-set as the old wheels, I did put the old wheels back on and did not resolve the problem. Notify the shop and I was told that the owner will get back with me. Three months later I haven't heard back from them. Bear in mind that prior onwers CARV2 removed the motor twice and never had any issues with it. A month ago, with an agreement with Jtune I hired an Osiris Tuner from Washington State to utilized Jtune shop for my car to be tune plus other cars that was willing to convert to osiris. "It was an agreement over the phone between Jtune and myself that I will not be charged for the use of the DYNO". Couple days after the Dyno I get a phone call from Jtune with a charge of 8 hours of Dyno Time. Now my car was tuned for 3 hours maxed. The tuner from Washington says I should be charged for the actual tuning not for "sitting" on the Dyno! Now although the tuning went well, my car could not be set above 4 lbs of boost because all of a sudden my boost soleniod was missing. Jtuned seems to think that my engine bay painter took it off, but yet "he let me take the car home after the engine installation". I was wondering why the engine was very sluggish. I've have gotten over the frustrations with Jtune I just felt that you all should be aware in the North-East!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
*Boose*

Well that's good news. I was looking to go to them for some work. Oh well AAM is just up the street so I will let them have my monies.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Jtune

Default To Wes

Wes, I understand your frustration. We tried to resolve your problem, however, you wrote it on the letter that was sent to us, specifically "NOT" to call you. We believe in communication ;and the reason for this problem is from mis-communication and therefore, we did not want to contact you through the internet nor through here. Since obviously, you are still frustrated over the issue, we would like to discuss it with you.

As for the power steering problem, I did not want and I would not recommend for the car to leave the shop with this problem, however, since you said you need to get your car painted so I told you that you can bring your car back for us to diagnose the problem, but it never come back for diagnostic up till now.

Secondly, as for the tuning price problem, we have it on our web site as 160/hr for Dyno rental, a price for other SHOP, not for individual. Our tuner told you to speak to me for the exact price, however, the conversation never took place. We promised to give you a "deal", not for "FREE". That's why we took off $400; just for you as you were a long term customer with CarV2.

Third, as for the part of "Now my car was tuned for 3 hours maxed.", your car was on the dyno from 11am-7pm, no doubt about that. We were working on your car every hour of that time while other customer was waiting for the dyno session.

I really don't want to explain all the issues on the forum as I truely believe the problems can only be solved by us communicating, but as a owner of the shop, I have to stand up for the shop. If you are still frustrating over the issues, please give me a call personally.

Hok
Old 08-11-2009, 04:29 AM
wbanasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hok@J-Tune
Wes, I understand your frustration. We tried to resolve your problem, however, you wrote it on the letter that was sent to us, specifically "NOT" to call you. We believe in communication ;and the reason for this problem is from mis-communication and therefore, we did not want to contact you through the internet nor through here. Since obviously, you are still frustrated over the issue, we would like to discuss it with you.

As for the power steering problem, I did not want and I would not recommend for the car to leave the shop with this problem, however, since you said you need to get your car painted so I told you that you can bring your car back for us to diagnose the problem, but it never come back for diagnostic up till now.
(Hok I trailered the Z home and I did call and talked to Jerry about the issue, he said that you were gonna call back.. Now even if you did call me back I know for a fact that you probably would have charge me for something I didn't break.)

Secondly, as for the tuning price problem, we have it on our web site as 160/hr for Dyno rental, a price for other SHOP, not for individual. Our tuner told you to speak to me for the exact price, however, the conversation never took place. We promised to give you a "deal", not for "FREE". That's why we took off $400; just for you as you were a long term customer with CarV2.

(Hok the conversation did take place! It was between me and Ryan, I specifically ask Ryan who I should deal with. Ryan told me it was him! Ryan did tell me there would be no charge! )

Third, as for the part of "Now my car was tuned for 3 hours maxed.", your car was on the dyno from 11am-7pm, no doubt about that. We were working on your car every hour of that time while other customer was waiting for the dyno session.

Hok The tuner did not start till 12:30, he was late and technically he didn't start tuning till 4:00... and its not about paying the money. Its about honoring your employee's word and if you don't do that, do whats fair!

I really don't want to explain all the issues on the forum as I truely believe the problems can only be solved by us communicating, but as a owner of the shop, I have to stand up for the shop. If you are still frustrating over the issues, please give me a call personally.

Hok I did talk to Nuri, ryan and then you. I've done what I could, the problem wasn't communication, the problem is you would not listen!! I've done what i can to communicate. Like you I don't want to be make a big drama out of this, but I did make the call and calling you again would be pointless. Remember what you said at the beginning of your post, "you understand my frustrations".....

Originally Posted by Jtune

Hok
Old 08-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Jtune

Hok I trailered the Z home and I did call and talked to Jerry about the issue, he said that you were gonna call back.. Now even if you did call me back I know for a fact that you probably would have charge me for something I didn't break.

You did not break it, however, nor did JTune. Just like someone go in to a dealership for oil change, and then found out the cooling is leaking, then who fault it would be?! As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the installation and as we all know, things happen. I feel bad for you that after your engine was put back your car, then the power steering is not working, but for you not willing to let me diagnose I would not know the cause of it.

Hok the conversation did take place! It was between me and Ryan, I specifically ask Ryan who I should deal with. Ryan told me it was him! Ryan did tell me there would be no charge!

As you said, the conversation was between you and Ryan. As far as I know, my tuner told me otherwise. This is your word against his. The only way, again, to solve this problem is for you come in here and talk to me in person.

Hok The tuner did not start till 12:30, he was late and technically he didn't start tuning till 4:00... and its not about paying the money. Its about honoring your employee's word and if you don't do that, do whats fair!

Hok I did talk to Nuri, ryan and then you. I've done what I could, the problem wasn't communication, the problem is you would not listen!! I've done what i can to communicate. Like you I don't want to be make a big drama out of this, but I did make the call and calling you again would be pointless. Remember what you said at the beginning of your post, "you understand my frustrations".....

Your conversation with me took place after the tune. I would not know that you were assuming the tune to be free. Me, personally, think you are not dissatisfied with the work that was performed, only on miscommunication part as it could only be solved by us communicating. Like you said "I don't want to be make a big drama out of this", I quite frankly do not want this conversation turn into an argument and going on and on. Again, JTune will be glad to resolve this problem whenever you ready to talk to us in person.

Hok

Last edited by Jtune; 08-11-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 PM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO Hok is handling this very well compared to some of the shop/customer disagreements I see around here, and Wes you are being very respectful as well. I hope everything gets resolved
Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
*ICE*

come on Wes, why would you expect a free ride from the shop? They spent the entire day troubleshooting your car, trying to figure out why it wasn't running correctly, not counting the tuning time. My tuning was suppose to be at 2pm but they did not get to do it until 10pm that night.. all because they were working hard on your car, make sure to satisfy their customer in every aspect.

I think what you did wrong on your part was NOT verify the "free" deal with the shop owner instead just a word of mouth from one of the employee to make sure both parties agree on the same deal. In my opinion, there was simple a miscommunication issue with both parties and Hok can easily take care of that problem if you would have contact him instead of posting your rant here.

I've heard many customers satisfied with the way Jtune worked on their cars both NA and FI system. I dont think the simple boost solenoid missing can be blame on them.

Hopefully this issue will get resolve and wont deter any future customer.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:13 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Moving to dealer/shop reviews....
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
cosmec

I used Broadway Auto Clinic this past weekend to get my wheels balanced and my Z aligned. They did an outstanding job and all people were top notch. They are also friendly to lowered cars and have that sick Hunter road force balancing machine. I'm from NYC but my girlfriend lives upstate, the shop is located in Albany.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
*ICE*

Default Brooklyn, best place for an alignment?

I'm in Brooklyn this weekend and want to know where is the best place & best price for an alignment? Any hook up place? NYC is ok if its not too far. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
*ICE*

bump!!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM
*ICE*

bump, im leaving tomorrow, does anyone know any shop in NYC?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:08 PM
scmtkings4

theres one shop ive seen who might do alighments, but I cant vouch for their work as I've only looked from the outside

i have seen them working on 2 supras before so not too sure.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Mamounas123

Default Any Good tuners around the Massachusetts area?

whats up guys. Im all finished up with the bolt ons and need to get a custom tune. Most people are going with uprev but the closest for me is in New York. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if it helps I live 20 minutes outside of Boston
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Lakeside

Did you see this thread?! https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/...t-w-uprev.html

Not sure how reputable this shop is...
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Rickg87

Default NJ Nissan Shop/Tuner?

I'm looking for a Good Nissan tuner in New Jersey to work on my
03 350Z as we get closer to Spring.
Looking to due brakes & suspension for the track.
Any recommendations?
Old 01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

North Brunswick Foreign and Domestic
590 Georges Rd
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
732-846-8122

Owner has a Z with Wilwood 8 and 6 pot brakes
Bilstein PSS10

Great place. Tell the owner, John, that Jon w/ the 350z sent you.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:35 PM
chrisjersey06

Depending where you are in NJ, I can recommend a few places in Long Island if you don't mind a short drive.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 PM
UMW350Z

I've heard good thing about Akuma motorsports off 18 and 9 but never had any work done by them personally

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast