Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 AM
NJzFinestG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone do good alignment jobs for lowered cars in central jersey? also how is akuma's pricing for maintanence?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
VQpoweredZ

Originally Posted by got 3.5?
anyone do good alignment jobs for lowered cars in central jersey? also how is akuma's pricing for maintanence?
Drive to R/T Tuning in Lansdale PA

It's worth it.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
ebadai98

Has anybody ever used
http://www.e-shiftperformance.com/home.php
for alignment or anything else because i just ordered my suspension and I'm going to need a good alignment and I'm not looking to drive an hour and a half to R/T tuning with a bad alignment. If not is there anywhere else in Central Jersey that does good alignment?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 AM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by ebadai98
Has anybody ever used
for alignment or anything else because i just ordered my suspension and I'm going to need a good alignment and I'm not looking to drive an hour and a half to R/T tuning with a bad alignment. If not is there anywhere else in Central Jersey that does good alignment?
I would go to JDS motoring (www.jdsmotoring.com) - they have done an excellent job on my 350z and other cars, good service and prices too.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
ebadai98

Originally Posted by east1999bt
I would go to JDS motoring (www.jdsmotoring.com) - they have done an excellent job on my 350z and other cars, good service and prices too.
Ok, thanks I'm going to check them out. What did you have them do for your Z?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:42 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

+1 on JDS. Vas is a great guy!
Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Miko

North Brunswick Foreign and Domestic
590 Georges Rd
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
732-846-8122 - John (Dr. Venture here on the forums)

After looking through the thread and calling many "Z" shops in NJ/NY/PA, I was getting the run around and ridiculous quotes for some general maintenance and suspension work for my Z...until I stumbled across this shop.
When I called John up, he was more than understanding of my situation and made way to squeeze me in following day. On arrival, he had all the parts needed ordered and arriving as we spoke. He then introduced me to several mechanics, along with the one that was working on my car. These guys are all friendly, and they're your friends while you're at the shop! While waiting, a few other my350z members stopped by, others were getting some suspension work done...bilsteins, wilwood, etc.
After it was all finished, I was happy everything came out just as I expected!
For anyone needing work done or other general maintenance without costing you an arm & leg (lol), this is your shop!

Thanks again buddy

edit: I see people above asking for alignments...I would drive 100mi if I had to just to have John's guy do my alignment!

Last edited by Miko; 06-09-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:29 PM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by ebadai98
Ok, thanks I'm going to check them out. What did you have them do for your Z?
For my Z - Tire mounting, fixing a coolant leak, install high flow cats, brake job - on my other car fixed electrical problem with window, replaced mirror, tire/brakes, alignment.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Traininvain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kaizen Tuning
184 Great Road, Acton MA
978-266-9900
kaizentuning.com

Went to Kaizen Tuning in Acton today for a few things -

-HFC install (I had attempted myself but ended up stripping out a bolt and couldn't get it at home)
-UpRev tune
-Tire mounting

I had a tight schedule as I have to go on the road for work for the next few months on sunday, so I really needed work done in a pinch. The guys at Kaizen got me in on only a few days notice and took care of my issues no sweat. I felt bad giving them a stripped out bolt to work on but they took it with good humor.

Tune was done by Rob who took the time to do numerous pulls to fine tune my A/F, and also took the time to show me how the process worked and generally seemed to care about getting all he could out of my little HR. I had it in the back of my mind that my Z would be a second class citizen with all the GTRs floating around the shop, but the guys showed my car the same care that I would give it myself.

The shop in general was quite nice - 3 bays, plenty going on, and they let me hang around the floor, chat it up and watch the work going on. 4 GTRs for me to oogle while they worked. Their dyno is at another building so you have to drive ~25 minutes to get there, however this also means that you're the only car on the dyno and the only car that Rob's working on.

Overall a great experience, I'll definitely be going back again if I can't handle something at home.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
ebadai98

I have two places;
First one is E-shiftperformance and they did my clutch/flywheel and CSC heavy duty slave install and did an excellent job and great price, will definitely go to them again.
Second one is Krazy House Customs and they did my 07 350z alignment with true coilovers, front upper arms, rear toe links, and rear camber arms. Excellent price and service, very friendly people to deal with, definitely recommend them.
Both of them are in Central Jersey here are both of the websites;
http://www.krazyhousecustoms.com/

Last edited by ebadai98; 07-21-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
AJW Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey all!

Just wanted to introduce ourselves to the NorthEast community. We offer a full line of products, suspension tuning and ECU tuning as well as forced induction, motor builds and bolt on installations at our facility, 16 Kendrick Road in Wareham Massachusetts 02571. Were close to Boston, Cape Cod and Rhode Island!

If you have any questions feel free to give us a shout!

Just finished up with this G35, 2003. Cosworth intake manifold, Cosworth fuel rails, Full header back exhaust, Vortech Supercharger kit sitting on ISC N1 Coilovers Street Sport spring rate. Tuned with Turbo XS Utec. Customer brought it to us partially together with some bugs in it. We were able to diagnose boost leaks, align the supercharger properly and finalize a nice tune on the car. 8 psi in boost makes for a fun and fast G!

Last edited by AJW Performance; 08-26-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

http://www.importintelligence.com/

Import Intelligence
PA

These guys did my SR swap in my S14. The owner is pro drifter Matt Waldon and owns 2 Z's. His fully built Nismo TT Pro drift car (rare as most drifters use V8's in nissans not a VQ) and his DD which is a un molested 350Z. In short they do excellent work and are nissan guys. I'd advise they do any suspension work and for guys wanting overall quality work done. IE: custom work, installs etc...

I'm in North NJ and they are a good 2 Hour drive but def worth it!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:51 AM
rotchcrocket04

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a shop that does quality paint work? I have a PPW Z and had a new bumper painted last Fall and the color match is pathetically off.

The shop was recommended to me and he assured me that, while it may not be exact, it will be damn close. Well, after 8 weeks of screwing around, he did a terrible job and I've been sick about it. I went back after I had the bumper back on the car and he gave me attitude about it and told me he would redo it but it would be another 6-8 weeks out. I was so disgusted/disappointed I left and put the car in storage for the Winter.

Now that I got the car back, I want to have it redone but can't seem to find anyone confident/experienced enough to do a Tri-Coat paint and match very closely.

Anyway, I'm in Reading, PA - about 45 min NW of Philly. I don't mind driving but I just want to know someone can handle this damn job.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:47 AM
rapido

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a shop that does quality paint work? I have a PPW Z and had a new bumper :
I seond this. Need some paint on an Ultra Yellow.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 AM
chulo at metro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

metro body and fender
saddle brook nj 07663
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 PM
yiii

About to hit the 60k mark on my car anyone know a local garage or a garage in general that would do a good maintnence job in the bethesda/rockville md area. Im willing to drive a lil if i have to for a good job and price.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 PM
crayola15

to add to this thread of shops in MA:

clay nissan in newton - they do a great job and you can get free cookies and coffee while your there =), the guys tell you up front what they think is wrong and what they recommend and they are nice about installing customer brought in parts (from what they've said but i've never had them install anything big). prices obviously are steep cause it's a dealer but they are really nice

natick nissan is supposedly good too from what i've heard. they do a nice service but don't have first hand experience.

also my friend's brother owns a shop right near the clay nissan in newton. he does good work and obviously doesn't ********, gives you the cost upfront and will make sure everything is fixed before you drive off. it's small and a bit hard to find, but once you see the nissan lot/service center across the street just look the opposite direction and they are there. You can say that you found them on the 350z forum and they'll probably know it was me who sent the word.

http://precisionautorepairs.com/
454 Watertown Street
Newton, MA 02460
Old 07-11-2012, 05:14 AM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crayola15
prices obviously are steep cause it's a dealer but they are really nice
haha i love this line. "there is the man that raped me, but he was really nice so i don't want to press charges"
Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 AM
jason350z

I'm on the market to get a TT install tune. Who would u recommend around westchester ny , long island ny or even Danbury ct. Around this area. Thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by jason350z
I'm on the market to get a TT install tune. Who would u recommend around westchester ny , long island ny or even Danbury ct. Around this area. Thanks

really dont know your area or how far you are from them, but i wouldnt hesitate to give vinny ten racing a call to do your install and tune depending on which kit and ecu you are using..

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast