Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

So yeah, I'm done

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:37 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by cc1012
the horsepower per dollar ratio on a 35/evo/sti take a dirt wet **** all over the z/g....
who gives a fck.. obviously we wern't watching our bank accounts when we decided to boost a car that wasn't suppose to be boosted
Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 AM
doug

and when i say reliable big horsepower i mean 450-500whp not 700whp+. You got 450whp under the hood there arent to many things that will beat you on the road.
even on a stock motor G/Z's are reliable at 400 whp... HR's are reliable at 480 whp and 370/G37's are reliable at 500 whp.. what exactly is your point

i brought up 600whp because the thread is about Jon's car and thats what it is running.. if you wanted to talk about 400whp cars why bring it to this thread
Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 AM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, Sti/evo's look like *** I would never want to drive around in one, and everyone and their aunt drives a 3 series...
Old 07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
cc1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
you seem to think what you want is what others want.. no we don't have the same desires or goals.. if it was about hp/ per $ we would all be running fox body mustangs running 9 second 1/4 mile.. you're the only one here complaining about money for performance.. we modded our Z's because we like the Z and we wanted it to go faster.. you would be satisfied with 400 whp.. others of us are not.. and how in the hell do you know what a C6 will do with my Z .. you have no idea how much power my car is running

Personally you would rather have a car with less hp thats a 100 times more reliable.. yeah.. alot of people would rather a stock civic that gives great gas mileage and is 1000% times more reliable

nobody cares what you want.. we are dealing with the matter of hand here.. Jon wanted something and he got it.. its not for you to sit here and tell him what he SHOULD have done not to blow his motor.. just because he blew his motor and we are assuming he did because no one knows anything yet at 600whp doesn't mean every Z/G running over 600whp does.. alot of Z's over 600whp are running fine.. keep your B.S. to yourself or go hang out on the EVO/BMW/Subbie boards

First of all who would want to drive around a fox body mustang. Did i ever say what i want? I wasnt talking about your car. I dont give a dam about your car. I was talking about the OPs. So mind your business. And part of a forum is about voicing your opinions. Name 20 Zs running over 600whp. Can you do that? You said there were plenty.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 PM
cc1012

Originally Posted by doug
even on a stock motor G/Z's are reliable at 400 whp... HR's are reliable at 480 whp and 370/G37's are reliable at 500 whp.. what exactly is your point

i brought up 600whp because the thread is about Jon's car and thats what it is running.. if you wanted to talk about 400whp cars why bring it to this thread
You cant make a statement sayin that a car is reliable. Oh thats right my bad there are thousands opon thousands of FI Gs running around. You forget that when a company designs a car they put a ton of miles on about hundreds and hundreds of cars. YOu cant make a statement saying its reliable. Oh thats right they can replicate the way thousands of people drive because there are a few handfuls of FI Z/Gs running around. Show me 20 guys that are FI and drive 15-20k a year.

The bottom line is they cant claim somethings reliable because they cant replicate how many diff people drive, they cant replicate every load that a car is gonna encounter and there are many different weather conditions a car encounters that cant be replicated off a dyno that really affect FI.

So explain to me then what makes a reliable Z/G? How can you claim its reliable? How many cars have you tuned and built doug? Just because a company says its reliable doesnt mean a dam thing. Your like a dam puppet for performance shops and just reiterate everything they say

Last edited by cc1012; 07-28-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
OMEGA46

You cant make a statement sayin that a car is reliable. Oh thats right my bad there are thousands opon thousands of FI Gs running around. You forget that when a company designs a car they put a ton of miles on about hundreds and hundreds of cars. YOu cant make a statement saying its reliable. Oh thats right they can replicate the way thousands of people drive because there are a few handfuls of FI Z/Gs running around. Show me 20 guys that are FI and drive 15-20k a year.

The bottom line is they cant claim somethings reliable because they cant replicate how many diff people drive, they cant replicate every load that a car is gonna encounter and there are many different weather conditions a car encounters that cant be replicated off a dyno that really affect FI.

So explain to me then what makes a reliable Z/G? How can you claim its reliable? How many cars have you tuned and built doug? Just because a company says its reliable doesn't mean a dam thing. Your like a dam puppet for performance shops and just reiterate everything they say
Dude who seriously cares. The Z/G is reliable, as most cars in that price range. Its personal preference. True reliability ends the moment you MODIFY from OEM. Regardless of the product you own, Honda to Lambo, mod from OEM, you are guaranteed to lose sound reliability. So your argument is mute at that point.

BMW 3 Series are great cars, but a dime a dozen. I personally would not purchase one outside of their M Series. Audi's are also a dime a dozen and not to expensive to mod, but again I wouldn't purchase one outside of their S series (Former 2005 S4 owner here with plenty of mods) Same is not true for EVO's., STIs, 350Z's (becoming more common though).

Continuing your debate is like , anything modded from OEM varys reliabiltiy to such a degree you cant honestly foster a solid option.

Example:
My old 04' Cobra modded to 540RWHP (Stock Long Block, "Rumored to be good to 900+RWHP)

Buddies 04' Cobra modded with the same exact parts, same tune (parts ordered from same vendor, both cars parts installed by 1 Shop). His motor blew sky high in a few days. (Both he and I had all mods finished the same day)

Another buddies 04' Cobra was running 800RWHP w/Nitrous with no issue. (Until it was crashed into a pole )
Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
cc1012

your right you def loose reliability when you mod...... But on a Z/G it completely goes to ****.

04 cobras are great cars.... whyd you get rid of it?

Jzurita- i think i might have seen you around stamford i play ball down there on cummings field.

Last edited by cc1012; 07-28-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
OMEGA46

your right you def loose reliability when you mod...... But on a Z/G it completely goes to ****.

04 cobras are great cars.... whyd you get rid of it?
Honestly, it was the dumbest thing I ever did. I had the 3G Pack on it (1G Accel, 1G Braking, 1G Cornering) in addition to my motor mods. Even at the mild tune of 540RWHP (I had tunes up to 680RWHP but did only for a short time, was scared of blowing my motor), I would beat 90% of anything I came across both in handling and acceleration. Evos, STIs, 911's, Z06's, Trans AMs, Camaro SS's would give me a run, but most I came across were not as modded as i was.

I always wanted a 350Z, I was moving few hunderd miles away and was unsure of how the laws were at my new home. (SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust = Thunder) Plus unless I was driving normal and out of the boost I had horrilbe MPG, like 7 to 11 MPG. 350Z was fairly quick, looks amazing, handled really well out of the box. The upgrading costs were my oversight in regard to how retarded it is to mod. Audi S4, 911 pricing heads, cams, FI Kits, BBKs, etc. Shame honestly. 4k for Cosworth heads is outragous plus another 1k+ for cams and not even make a large gain in RWHP. Also surprised on how power to the ground is a huge obstical to overcome.

Not bashing the Z, but there are far better cars for modding out there. Z/Gs are reliable when modded correctly, but in the end you never know until it blows. Back on topic of J's car, truly insane, one of the best, if not the best Z in the Northeast, hope its a simple fix. If not, go buy a 911 or C6 Z06
Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe off a roll there losing.......
Pretty sure he was talking about engine reliability and not race results...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
cc1012

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
Honestly, it was the dumbest thing I ever did. I had the 3G Pack on it (1G Accel, 1G Braking, 1G Cornering) in addition to my motor mods. Even at the mild tune of 540RWHP (I had tunes up to 680RWHP but did only for a short time, was scared of blowing my motor), I would beat 90% of anything I came across both in handling and acceleration. Evos, STIs, 911's, Z06's, Trans AMs, Camaro SS's would give me a run, but most I came across were not as modded as i was.

I always wanted a 350Z, I was moving few hunderd miles away and was unsure of how the laws were at my new home. (SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust = Thunder) Plus unless I was driving normal and out of the boost I had horrilbe MPG, like 7 to 11 MPG. 350Z was fairly quick, looks amazing, handled really well out of the box. The upgrading costs were my oversight in regard to how retarded it is to mod. Audi S4, 911 pricing heads, cams, FI Kits, BBKs, etc. Shame honestly. 4k for Cosworth heads is outragous plus another 1k+ for cams and not even make a large gain in RWHP. Also surprised on how power to the ground is a huge obstical to overcome.

Not bashing the Z, but there are far better cars for modding out there. Z/Gs are reliable when modded correctly, but in the end you never know until it blows. Back on topic of J's car, truly insane, one of the best, if not the best Z in the Northeast, hope its a simple fix. If not, go buy a 911 or C6 Z06
996 turbos and c6 zo6's are pretty even and price right now both sick rides.

OP car is def real hot and tastefully modded. Good luck
Old 07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
doug

First of all who would want to drive around a fox body mustang. Did i ever say what i want? I wasnt talking about your car. I dont give a dam about your car. I was talking about the OPs. So mind your business. And part of a forum is about voicing your opinions. Name 20 Zs running over 600whp. Can you do that? You said there were plenty.
if i find more than 20 will you leave this forum for good? the ball is back in your court
Old 07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
doug

So explain to me then what makes a reliable Z/G? How can you claim its reliable? How many cars have you tuned and built doug? Just because a company says its reliable doesnt mean a dam thing. Your like a dam puppet for performance shops and just reiterate everything they say
actually yes i can say it.. unlike you who has on experience with the topic... how can i say it? its been proven that no cars 'on this forum' have blown up lately on a stock block between 400whp - 450whp properly tuned

what performance shop am i a puppet for? if you can't tell me then STFU
Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
tilleys99

They are pretty reliable when tuned right I made 427whp/427tq running lean over 4800 in my vq35de powered 240sx.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:23 PM
UMW350Z

too bad you didn't have a DB...i'd buy that hood back from you and the kit also....damn
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i like the 335 but this is way too much work to upgrade the turbos:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962

there isn't any aftermarket support for that motor yet meaning everything will be a full custom application.

and no matter what car it is, all of my friends that have upgraded their cars (FI or NA) have had problems sometime or another. Plain and simple: power=problems
Old 07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Example:
My old 04' Cobra modded to 540RWHP (Stock Long Block, "Rumored to be good to 900+RWHP)

Buddies 04' Cobra modded with the same exact parts, same tune (parts ordered from same vendor, both cars parts installed by 1 Shop). His motor blew sky high in a few days. (Both he and I had all mods finished the same day)

Another buddies 04' Cobra was running 800RWHP w/Nitrous with no issue. (Until it was crashed into a pole )[/QUOTE]

THE ALMIGHTY TERMINATOR
Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
Example:

Another buddies 04' Cobra was running 800RWHP w/Nitrous with no issue. (Until it was crashed into a pole )
THE ALMIGHTY TERMINATOR[/QUOTE]

is the pole the terminator since it won?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
is the pole the terminator since it won?

lol only for that situation, but don't front that car is BAD *** !!!!!

Last edited by TRYNALIVEPRO; 07-28-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply: So yeah, I'm done