Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Reckless Driving Penalty??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM
06VenomZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Novesh
Yes I honestly believe a person will create a complete fabrication to get out of anything - especially a ticket. Sit in traffic court for a few cases heard by a judge and ask the def. afterward if what they said was the truth in a non-police capacity, you would be AMAZED what they say.

All this your doing is absolutely hilarious. How much are you paying this lawyer? How much is the ticket?
Those 4 points you brought up can easily be articulated around. You will end up just paying the fines and no points - this is usually what happens anyway unless the officer wants to press the matter.

You could have done this yourself without hiring a lawyer and probably saved the cost of the tickets+lawyer altogether.
You're funny! first off its not a "ticket" its a misdemeanor summons/promise to appear and a RD in CT is a fine of $300 or more, could be placed in jail for 30 days, could lose your license, points on your license and last but not least the insurance rates will drastically go up for a few years. so your telling me you would risk all that to save yourself lawyer fee's...please. and btw my lawyer cost me $500...you do the math.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
06VenomZ

Originally Posted by vdemon311
^without a lawyer,ha. Been there, done that. Have you ever been to the Eatontown court and met their prosecutor? He will eat you alive without a lawyer especially if you already have points on your license. Take it from a court veteran (not too pleased about it), but getting a reckless ticket dropped without a lawyer is like running through a burning house without any clothes on.
+100
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by 06VenomZ
You're funny! first off its not a "ticket" its a misdemeanor summons/promise to appear and a RD in CT is a fine of $300 or more, could be placed in jail for 30 days, could lose your license, points on your license and last but not least the insurance rates will drastically go up for a few years. so your telling me you would risk all that to save yourself lawyer fee's...please. and btw my lawyer cost me $500...you do the math.
See this right here is a good post, minus the attitude of course.

I was unaware that the little area in which you reside a RD is punishable by all that.

Makes a bit more sense now, especially how frantic you are at attempting to prove your innocence.

As I've stated I am not familiar with your local laws, and I assumed they were similar to those around here, they are not. No where around here does an RD carry any type of jail sentence, unless an accident is involved with injuries, or some type of fleeing from police.

Next time posting exactly what the penalty is, may help others post response to your OP.

And of course - less attitude, always helps.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:21 PM
zer0cool

if its your first violation, go to court and the prosecutor will offer to drop the ticket down to unsafe operation of a vehicle. that will drop the points from the reckless driving. its going to cost you 250 for the points drop plus the fine for unsafe operation. the stop sign ticket is 2 points and the fine is 200 i believe. The muffler ticket is just a fine. Im in NJ as well as u.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 AM
vdemon311

^yeah if it is your first offense.. this could def be the case. To correct the prices.. An unsafe driving= $250 fine, $270 surcharge( dont forget about those surcharges for lowering the ticket lol) and you are allowed only 1 one of these every 5 years(believe me I know unfortunately). The traffic light is also 200+ 100 dollar surcharge and 2 points. So... your grand total can either be $820 + 2 points or Pay your lawyer $500 and get it dropped after a few appeals. It is basically how much time and effort you are willing to put in to have no points in the end.